PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth trying to fix? can it be fixed.

Tweedle
06-03-2010, 01:41 PM
I was just given 2 of these

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii436/Callenders/webbergas.jpg

I believe they are called Webber Q's. Having never owned a gasser before I have no idea why they don't work. when you light them flame comes out of random holes around the rings. I have made sure the holes are not plugged and flame comes out around the gas ring so it is going around but wont come out of every hole...

Are these worth trying to fix?

Edit: they have been in a bard for 3-4 years unused

Smokey Al Gold
06-03-2010, 02:07 PM
I have one and I would say yes its worth trying to fix. The one I have is the best gas grill ive ever owned. Really good even heat and the cast iron grates give awesome sear marks. They're around 130 new so id say hell yeah fix em.

1FUNVET
06-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Any thing free is worth trying to fix.Worse you will be out is some time,or in my case time and beer.:becky:

deguerre
06-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Any thing free is worth trying to fix.Worse you will be out is some time,or in my case time and beer.:becky:
I'd be out of the beer...regardless.
Just sayin'.

No, don't fix them. They're obviously booby trapped. Send them to me for proper disposal.:becky:

Tweedle
06-03-2010, 02:51 PM
I'd be out of the beer...regardless.
Just sayin'.

No, don't fix them. They're obviously booby trapped. Send them to me for proper disposal.:becky:

right ummmm ok if you say so. I'll send them asap. If I were you I would wait next to the mail box until they arive....:becky:

mbshop
06-03-2010, 03:05 PM
if the holes are unplugged and you are using the little cans then most likely the regulators are bad. call weber customer service and just state that yers is acting up. don't say you got them free, etc.

smokeacholic
06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Look for a spider web inside the throat of the burner. Common cause for gas not coming out each hole and yellow flame.

landarc
06-03-2010, 04:30 PM
MBshop is giving you good advice, I would also look for spider webs, for some reason they love burners.

PTSidehow
06-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Have to agree about spider's webs and egg sacks in the burner tube and the orifice. Have had one for about 3 years a great little two people griller.
I have the adapter hose that goes from the regulator to the bulk style tanks, I have a 20 and 40 pounder. beats having the little bottles and if you leave them on the regulator they tend to leak down. Plus the fact they are pushing to replace the skinny bottles with the fat boy's Something to do with the eco/greenie's that is what Brenz is calling them now a days.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ptsideshow/Tools/DSCF9300.jpg
The two on the left are propane the yellow is MAPP and red is oxygen(for Bernz's welding/brazing rig). It does take a couple of 5 seconds or so before all holes light.

If you have an air compressor with a blow gun, I blow out the holes starting at the far end and work my way to the open end.
:becky: