PDA

View Full Version : Bubba is in the House!

Norcoredneck
06-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Well had went to the River this last weekend. Cooked up myself some tasty ribeyes, peppers, mushooms, corn, ect. My Sazco that backs up my egg has a crack that is getting worse. Anyhow, got invited to a friends place for Tri Tip. The friends wife had got a gasser for mothers day to keep at their place there. She is not known for her cooking and wanted me to cook. I thought about loading the Sazco but decided not to. I got home late monday and went online to check out what you hoodlums had been up to. I also checked a deal forum i frequent. Had seen a thread where Home Depo was clearancing the bubba kegs. I had never seen one in So Cal. Well someone posted that they got one around here. I called Tuesday and they had 5. Stopped on way to work and got the last one. $299 - 10% coupon =$269. Now my Q will be truly mobile with the hitch attachment. Can't wait till wife get's home, she will be so excited.....NOT!:becky:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/norcoredneck/Bubba.jpg

big brother smoke
06-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Would love to be a fly on wall when wifey walks in the backyard.

landarc
06-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Nice, there is a need for a new tool, I think it is totally reasonable. Congrats on the new toy.

Norcoredneck
06-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Would love to be a fly on wall when wifey walks in the backyard.

Stef, look closely between Keg and Egg against back wall. on the way Brother.

Bbq Bubba
06-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Thought I was invited for dinner. :(

Norcoredneck
06-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Thought I was invited for dinner. :(

You come and I will cook. You like your Ribeye Charred, a little right.:redface:

SmokeJumper
06-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Nice arsenal there.

I'm interested in picking up a bubba keg for cookouts that we do in a backcountry meadow above our mountain home. I need to hurry up and pull one out there on the snowmobile before the snow is gone.

Where did you score the 10% of coupon?

PaulG78
06-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Well had went to the River this last weekend. Cooked up myself some tasty ribeyes, peppers, mushooms, corn, ect. My Sazco that backs up my egg has a crack that is getting worse. Anyhow, got invited to a friends place for Tri Tip. The friends wife had got a gasser for mothers day to keep at their place there. She is not known for her cooking and wanted me to cook. I thought about loading the Sazco but decided not to. I got home late monday and went online to check out what you hoodlums had been up to. I also checked a deal forum i frequent. Had seen a thread where Home Depo was clearancing the bubba kegs. I had never seen one in So Cal. Well someone posted that they got one around here. I called Tuesday and they had 5. Stopped on way to work and got the last one. $299 - 10% coupon =$269. Now my Q will be truly mobile with the hitch attachment. Can't wait till wife get's home, she will be so excited.....NOT!:becky:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/norcoredneck/Bubba.jpg

That certainly does sound like a SLICK DEAL. There are a few of us dou-forum guys lurking around here. Nice looking collection of cookers.

swamprb
06-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Your drums look as forlorn as mine! Lined up against the fence feeling neglected and all.

FamilyManBBQ
06-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Your drums look as forlorn as mine! Lined up against the fence feeling neglected and all.

Say it ain't so fellas!! Haven't you heard the UDS is the "beat all end all" of smokers!!

I did spend quite a bit of time lookin' at both of your UDS builds before mine came to life....back when the thread was only a few thousand pages long!! :becky:

NateOwsley
06-02-2010, 11:12 PM
you're gonna love the bubba keg. I can't say enough about it. I got mine for the $299 deal and I love it as much as my backwoods, they serve different functions obviously, but smokers come and smokers go, and this one is a keeper.

BobBrisket
06-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Nice addition!! SO, what the wifey say?

bbqpitstop
06-02-2010, 11:29 PM
lol, if he doesn't come back to post in another half day, someone call 911

Norcoredneck
06-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Nice addition!! SO, what the wifey say?

Not much at all. Cold shoulder mod. :thumb: Less is more sometimes.

Phubar
06-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Congratsz on the newest Member of the Phamily!

keale
06-03-2010, 02:45 AM
ummmm, Pat, just how much is enough? (jealous mod):-P nice score!
"less is more sometimes"....PRICELESS!!

Norcoredneck
06-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Nice arsenal there.

Where did you score the 10% of coupon?

Lowes Movers coupon. Sign up online and they send a couple. Can also print coupon and take to Home Depot and they will accept.

chambersuac
06-03-2010, 07:43 AM
congrats on your new toy!

BBQBeaver
06-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Congrats on the great buy.
I have the newer version (Big Steel Keg) and love it.
At that price, I was thinking about getting a second! :becky:

Phesant
06-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Nice addition to the family :-D

big brother smoke
06-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Stef, look closely between Keg and Egg against back wall. on the way Brother.

U da man, Pat! :whoo: