PDA

View Full Version : Need 2 rub recipes

fsckedagain
05-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Gonna do a pork shoulder and a cross rib roast (beef). I need a couple new rubs to try out.

If anyone could hook me up with a recipe, I would be grateful, thanks!

Boshizzle
05-30-2010, 07:52 PM
The standard for me, when I make my own, is salt, black pepper, granulated garilc, black pepper, white pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, onion powder, and a little brown sugar. If I use a commercial rub, it's Yardbird mixed with black pepper, white pepper, cumin, and red pepper. 1 part black pepper, 1/2 part garlic, 1/2 part white pepper, 1/4 part red pepper, 1/4 part brown sugar.

Otherwise, use the salt, black pepper, white pepper, garlic, red pepper, onion powder, and cumin with a little ground celery seed. Put some worchester sauce and oil or mustard on before the rub.

Ken V
05-30-2010, 10:55 PM
do a search for chris lilly championship rub. It's pretty good.

Ken

LT72884
05-30-2010, 11:06 PM
here is the recipe for my rub:

2 TBS brown sugar
3 TBS white table sugar
2 TBS paprika
2 TBS lawrys seasoned salt
2 TBS garlic salt or onion salt
1/2 TBS chili powder
1 tsp dried oregeno leaves
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 TBS black pepper ground

mix together. Nice flavor and color. You can add less garlic and onion salt. I usually do 1.5 tbls of the garlic salt and 2 tbls lawrys

bmolloy
05-31-2010, 11:02 AM
For the butt- Popdaddy's Butt Glitter (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71033) is what I use and it's awesome. Inject with Chris Lilly's recipe the night before, then apply a little more rub before going on with it.

Big Jim BBQ
05-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Here's a good "Memphis Style" rub. Actually it is from "Down Home with the Neely's" from the Food Network. They own a coulpe of bbq restaurants in Memphis. It is a little on the sweet side for those who like a sweet rub but it's darn good.

· ¼ cup Paprika
· ¼ cup Dark Brown Sugar
· 2 tablespoons Black Pepper
· 1 tablespoon Salt
· 1 tablespoon Celery Salt
· 2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
· 2 teaspoons dry Mustard
· 2 teaspoons cumin