PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Fatty Help Please

4dueces
05-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Need some ideas from the Brethren crowd of chatty farkers and gourmet smokers. I have 2 lbs of mooburger thawed and 1 pound of hot italian oink sausage thawed. I'm building a 3 lb fatty to smoke on Memorial Day, I read on here somewhere to add eggs and ritz crackers to the recipe. I'd like to know what the mixture consists of egg and cracker wise (not wise crackers either) to make sure it all sticks together, and any other suggestions to make the Head Hog's Sow (girlfriend, and yes she agreed to the name) enjoy the offering. She's not a spicy foods girl, so I'll have to tone down the hot sausage. Also, wrap in oink bacon? :cool:

QansasjayhawQ
06-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Need some ideas from the Brethren crowd of chatty farkers and gourmet smokers. I have 2 lbs of mooburger thawed and 1 pound of hot italian oink sausage thawed. I'm building a 3 lb fatty to smoke on Memorial Day, I read on here somewhere to add eggs and ritz crackers to the recipe. I'd like to know what the mixture consists of egg and cracker wise (not wise crackers either) to make sure it all sticks together, and any other suggestions to make the Head Hog's Sow (girlfriend, and yes she agreed to the name) enjoy the offering. She's not a spicy foods girl, so I'll have to tone down the hot sausage. Also, wrap in oink bacon? :cool:
How did this turn out? What did you wind up doing?
When ever I've added eggs (and I use oatmeal, not crackers) I add one egg and a half cup of the dry ingredient to each pound of meat.
On the other hand, I by-pass this step most of the time unless, like you did, I have an eater that likes their food less spicy.
Let us know what you wound up doing . . .
Hope this helps.