PDA

View Full Version : blues hog bbq sauce

bbq ron
05-27-2010, 07:16 AM
anybody know where to buy blues hog sauce other than on line :-P:-P

BBQ_Mayor
05-27-2010, 07:35 AM
The Kansas City BBQ Store (http://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com/)in Olatha, Ks.

Knothead
05-27-2010, 07:44 AM
The Stone Hill Winery in Branson carries it. You might try calling the one in Hermann Mo to see if they carrie it.

Lake Dogs
05-27-2010, 07:52 AM
I really wish a store 'round here would carry it. I keep asking anyway....

chasmosis
05-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Try some of your smaller local grocery stores. The Queens Market (used to be an IGA) I go to in Hillsboro carries it (or at least did up until a month ago, they are out but still got a spot on the shelf for it). My parents got a hold of it down in Perryville, MO and I'm sure they didn't order it online.

Rowdycue
05-27-2010, 08:23 AM
I don't know if you have a Bi-Lo in your area but mine carries the honey mustard. I plan to ask them to also carry the Tennessee Red.

King
05-27-2010, 08:24 AM
I found it at the Missouri Mercantile in the Mills Mall in Hazelwood.

Ashmont
05-27-2010, 10:48 AM
I found it at the Missouri Mercantile in the Mills Mall in Hazelwood.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said!!!! Across the Mall from Cabela's

Southern Home Boy
05-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Frank carries it at St. Louis Home Fires in Ballwin on Manchester Rd. But The Mills may be closer to you.

Edit: OH, and I think Clancy's meat market - also in Ballwin near Clayton and Baxter - carries it too, but I'm not positive.

Cliff H.
05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
One of my locally owned grocery stores recently put Blues Hog in stock. Chances are that one of your local stores CAN order it. Whether or not you can get them to is another thing. I have not had much luck convincing the one here to put Tenn Red in thier line up.

HawkeyeQue
05-27-2010, 12:43 PM
I just found it at a small bbq store in Des Moines, It's now my favorite sauce. Haven't tried the Tenn Red but that is next on my agenda

Big_AL
05-27-2010, 12:43 PM
bbq ron -

The Straub's stores carry it... tha'ts where I get it. They have pints and quarts of the original and TN red. They also have a couple other 'premium' sauces such as Bone Suckin' Sauce.

King
05-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Frank carries it at St. Louis Home Fires in Ballwin on Manchester Rd. But The Mills may be closer to you.

It's about time they got it. Last I was there was back in February, they didn't carry it. I got a gift certificate for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, I need some supplies. I heard that you can buy wood by the pound now, I think that's better than buying 20lb of one type of wood...it gets expensive.

King
05-27-2010, 02:32 PM
bbq ron -

The Straub's stores carry it... tha'ts where I get it. They have pints and quarts of the original and TN red. They also have a couple other 'premium' sauces such as Bone Suckin' Sauce.

I used to work by the Straub's in Clayton. I went there alot to buy beverages for party at the park. I miss that place.

Derek
05-27-2010, 02:34 PM
anybody know where to buy blues hog sauce other than on line :-P:-PProbably online, and maybe in the south such as pigly wiggles.

landarc
05-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Derek,
I would suggest you get a bottle of Blues Hog Original and Tennessee Red and try them if you have not yet done so. Alone or mixed, they are an incredible sauce combo. Not saying they are the best out there, but, they are something special in the market place. If you are going to compete, you should at least know what one of the more popular sauces in comps tastes like. And it shines like nothing else.

King
05-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Has anyone tried Main Street in St. Charles? They have a few sauce and spice shops along there.

Lake Dogs
05-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Derek, ^^^^ what he said. I believe it's manufactured in MO, and frankly is tough to
find around here, for some reason, especially the Tenn Red. One thing GA boys and
landarc's from CA agree on, try it, especially a mixture of Tenn Red & Original. It's truly
something else, especially on pork and beef, IMHO.

capri man
05-27-2010, 02:51 PM
amen brother!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

landarc
05-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Fortunately I can get it here locally as a couple of guys who compete own weekend BBQ shops out here as well.

Big_AL
05-27-2010, 03:54 PM
King...not that you mention it, I've heard Figuero's has BH and other sauces of the ilk as well as rubs, etc.

King
05-27-2010, 04:45 PM
King...not that you mention it, I've heard Figuero's has BH and other sauces of the ilk as well as rubs, etc.

I've been trying to figure out the name of that place for a long time. Haven't been able to find it. It must be on the side of another store. I'll try again next time.

Thanks Big AL.

Willie's BBQ
05-27-2010, 06:02 PM
i just hate having to pay more for shipping then the actual cost of the sauce :mad2:

landarc
05-27-2010, 06:07 PM
I agree, but, fortunately I can get it here. And soon, I will be able to get a whole lot of other sauces here too.

GreasePig
05-27-2010, 06:44 PM
The Stone Hill Winery in Branson carries it. You might try calling the one in Hermann Mo to see if they carrie it.

Seriously? DANG! My parents are close to there! Thanks Sir!

bbq lover
05-27-2010, 07:00 PM
I agree, but, fortunately I can get it here. And soon, I will be able to get a whole lot of other sauces here too.

land where u getting it what store?

landarc
05-27-2010, 07:28 PM
these guys...
http://eggsbythebay.com/BGE_Price_List.html

I have yet to see what Greenleaf BBQ is gonna carry in Livermore, although I believe he has some other sauces I want to try. It looks like Greenleaf BBQ has plans to carry Blues Hog too, you can PM him here. That is a lot closer to you than the South Bay.

bbq lover
05-27-2010, 07:34 PM
yes darry has blues and tim will carry it he did at the turlock store i throught there was a place in or close to your place lol soon tims will be the closest shop for me

landarc
05-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Yes, me too. Current plans include a visit on opening day to Livermore.

concrete26
05-27-2010, 07:48 PM
they have it at iga in pacific mo.

Neil
05-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Boomland outside of Sikeston, MO carries Blues Hog

CajunSmoker
05-27-2010, 08:04 PM
One of my locally owned grocery stores recently put Blues Hog in stock. Chances are that one of your local stores CAN order it. Whether or not you can get them to is another thing. I have not had much luck convincing the one here to put Tenn Red in thier line up.
which one cliff, I been workin close to Jonesboro lately.

Probably online, and maybe in the south such as pigly wiggles.

LOL. You can get a great selection of Kraft, KC Masterpiece and Sweet Baby Rays there though:becky:

Boshizzle
05-27-2010, 09:20 PM
I've never seen it in a store around me, but you could just buy a big jar of corn syrup and pretty much get the same thing. :wink:

Seriously though, my wife loves the stuff. For me, it's too sweet. I prefer the TN Red, myself.

Big_AL
05-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Boshizzle...you're harshing my BH buzz.

Seems to be available in a lot of little places, not your normal big-box stores. Kind of adds to the allure of it for me.

prudog
05-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Souther Family Super Markets have it... not sure about their geographic range or if they are imploding. At least one of our stores went out of business recently and I bought a dozen pints at the 30-40% off price-point. I like the tanginess more than the sweetness so I lean towards the TN Red label, which is also pretty sweet (to me).

Boshizzle
05-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Boshizzle...you're harshing my BH buzz.

Seems to be available in a lot of little places, not your normal big-box stores. Kind of adds to the allure of it for me.

I'm not a comp cook, but if you are going for appearance with BH, it sure looks good used as a glaze on ribs mixed with a little butter or squeeze Parkay.

Here are some I did with BH recently -

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=290&pictureid=2302

Brauma
05-27-2010, 10:10 PM
One of my local Krogers carried some a few months ago. I've begged the local manager to bring it back. Saves me the shipping.

Big_AL
05-27-2010, 10:19 PM
That's a beautiful sight!

I introduced the wife to BH some time ago and now she'll accept nothing less when I cook at home.

bbq ron
05-28-2010, 07:06 AM
just want to say thanks to everybody, so i should be able to find it close to where i live :-P

King
05-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Let us know where you got it from and how much?

bbq ron
05-28-2010, 11:35 AM
well finely found blues hog honey mustard and Tennessee red at schnucks and derbergs on mid-rivers mall drive :-P:-P

sorry, no regular

Big_AL
05-28-2010, 01:36 PM
That's great news! Did you speak to the manager about stocking the regular? If not I'll mention it next time I'm in the store...which may be today.