PDA

View Full Version : Grilling Week?

Chef Jim
05-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Just saw on TV that next week is Grilling Week on the Food Channel. :pray:

Can't imagine what this will be. But on the other hand, it could be good.:shocked:

Hofy
05-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Probably just Bobby Flay shooting off his mouth. :blah:
I'll pass.

thunter
05-24-2010, 01:49 AM
I like Bobby Flay myself. He is a chef who like to grill and he does know how to bbq; although, he has made his bbq mistake in the past! :laugh:

Smokey Al Gold
05-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Sometimes they have good stuff. Sometimes.

EatonHoggBBQ
05-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Sometimes they have good stuff. Sometimes.

I agree, sometimes they have good stuff. Too bad most of us have seen it five or six times now. :bored:

jeffboyette
05-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Bobby flay, what a cockie SOB. Tricking experts in there field, with a tv special, then showing up and challenging them to cook-off in front of there friends and family. What a douche! To think he can out-cook everyone in every type of dish, tacos, ribs, icecream, hamburgers, potato chips. wtf. get your own show, and stop trying to get your jollies off showing strangers up.

Hofy
05-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Bobby flay, what a cockie SOB. Tricking experts in there field, with a tv special, then showing up and challenging them to cook-off in front of there friends and family. What a douche! To think he can out-cook everyone in every type of dish, tacos, ribs, icecream, hamburgers, potato chips. wtf. get your own show, and stop trying to get your jollies off showing strangers up.

Exactly why I can not stand him. Someone once said that he wasnt an a**hole on the Food network, he was THE A**hole of the Food network.

To me the Food network is dead. They chased off most of the real talent and have nothing more than a bunch of talking heads so they fit in with the rest of the 'Reality' crap on TV.

BIG ALAN
05-25-2010, 01:34 AM
To me the Food network is dead. They chased off most of the real talent and have nothing more than a bunch of talking heads so they fit in with the rest of the 'Reality' crap on TV.

Agreed. Guy Fieri's DDD is good for tips on how folks season, but ya have to record and play back as it goes too fast to catch all the nuances.

And you'd think they would do grilling this week, before Memorial Day not after. Food network forgot to check when Easter was this year, and did lamb shows after not before.

ricksegers
05-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Just keep telling yourself folks, We are not the target audience for Food Network. Even when it's grilling week.

And regarding Bobby Flay, I never was a big fan until "Throwdown." I have seen him get beat much more than he has won. Granted I haven't seen ever episode.

The_Kapn
05-25-2010, 07:56 AM
I only wish I could cook 10% as good a Bobby Flay. :redface:

Until I can, I will enjoy watching him and maybe learning something.

TIM

JazzyBadger
05-25-2010, 09:24 AM
I have no idea who in God's name Bobby Flay is.
Guess that's the perk/downfall to not having cable TV.

1FUNVET
05-25-2010, 09:51 AM
I'll watch the 1st show to see what it's about. Then i'll decide on the 2nd one :becky: