PDA

View Full Version : added Qin bonus... just me?

UDS
05-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Every time I fire up the smoker, after I get the food in.. I seem to get alot done around the house. Already fixed exhaust, weed wacked/pulled and getting rdy to mow. If the Q takes too long, the front porch may end up getting a coat of paint :shock: Its like it puts me in work mode early, and I'm stuck till the foods done.

cowgirl
05-23-2010, 11:35 AM
lol.... I wish you lived closer! :-D

Alan in Ga
05-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Happens to me alot too, grass get cut,porch gets cleaned, so on and so on but wife loves it.

JazzyBadger
05-23-2010, 11:56 AM
I always end up organizing some part of my garage, or tinkering with one of my kids' bicycles. I imagine once I move and get my own lawn to take care of, I'll be adding that to the list as well.
Also split wood when I'm out there, I figure since I stink like Q, I might as well be sweating too, makes the shower at the end that much more justified.

LMAJ
05-23-2010, 12:01 PM
How about you come to my house and Q here - there's plenty of stuff to do....

bigabyte
05-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Strangely, the opposite seems to happen here. When I'm cooking, I'm taking pics and/or posting here, no time for cleaning.

landarc
05-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I am more along the lines of Bigabyte, unless I am working while cooking.

butts a fire
05-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, thats the problem with drum smokers and wsm's they don't take enough monitoring and make you work to hard.

peppasawce
05-23-2010, 04:14 PM
It sure does take Quing to another level..Definatelty st it and forget it

BBQ Grail
05-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Every time I fire up the smoker, after I get the food in.. I seem to get alot done around the house. Already fixed exhaust, weed wacked/pulled and getting rdy to mow. If the Q takes too long, the front porch may end up getting a coat of paint :shock: Its like it puts me in work mode early, and I'm stuck till the foods done.

You're doing it wrong and I hope my wife doesn't read this thread. Quite frankly it's obvious you are NOT paying enough attention to fire management.

Please immediately change how you are doing things or risk loosing your Official BBQ Brethren decoder ring.

qnbiker
05-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Weekend all day cooks are relaxing even though, like you, I get a lot of things done around the house. Cut the grass, check the smoker, drink a beer. Sweep the driveway, check the smoker, drink a beer. Etc. I recently traded my offset for a WSM and now it's cut the grass, sit by the smoker and drink a beer - don't need to check the WSM very often.