PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Beef Ribs?

xjcrazy
05-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Decided to try smoking some beef ribs this afternoon on my new Weber kettle, not enough meat to justify firing up the Bandera. I've never tried beef ribs before, any of ya'll got any tips or instructions on prep, temp and time. I've gotten pretty good at pork ribs but don't if the beef are similar. Plan on rubbin it down with a southwestern rub, basting it with some Stubbs and brushing with some bbq sauce the last 20 minutes. I figure 250 to 300 temp for about 3 hours, would this be correct?

landarc
05-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I would think not enough time. Everything else sounds good, but, I let ribs run longer at 250F. At 300f you should be good.

Chef Jim
05-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Just did beef ribs the other day. I do them just like pork ribs. same rub etc. Took 4.5 hours to get to temp. Pulled them at 190.

Used Hickory for the first time, they were some of the best I've had since I left Texas.

MilitantSquatter
05-16-2010, 06:53 PM
I agree with landarc... longer at 250 if you like that temp or push closer to 300 (the beef can handle it). Other than that, it's just you're preference on rubs... I don't like sauce on beef. I prefer a nice salt & peppery blend of spices.

I think I make damn good beef ribs, but the best I ever had were the ones made for us by Adam Perry Lang at a Brethren gathering a few years ago. The flavor was outrageous and I also learned about Fleur De Sel type sea salt...

Good Luck... I'm sure yours will come out great.

paperboy98
05-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I agree with landarc... longer at 250 if you like that temp or push closer to 300 (the beef can handle it). Other than that, it's just you're preference on rubs... I don't like sauce on beef. I prefer a nice salt & peppery blend of spices.

I think I make damn good beef ribs, but the best I ever had were the ones made for us by Adam Perry Lang at a Brethren gathering a few years ago. The flavor was outrageous and I also learned about Fleur De Sel type sea salt...

Good Luck... I'm sure yours will come out great.

Would you share what you learned about Fleur De Sel??? I'm clueless. Thanks
Paperboy98

MilitantSquatter
05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Would you share what you learned about Fleur De Sel??? I'm clueless. Thanks
Paperboy98

It translates to "Flower of Salt"... It's a fine powder type sea salt harvested from marshes in France. We lightly sprinkled a small pinch onto the cooked beef ribs.. The salt dissolved instantly and made the flavor really pop.

you can find it online..