PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Min in May

Buster Dog BBQ
05-11-2010, 10:00 AM
With all the talk about posted prize money, etc I emailed the organizer of Minnesota in May because their payout is based on 60 teams and they only have 48. They fully intent to honor the posted payout he told me, even if it means thye lose a little as long as the cooks are happy.

After the debacle last year I am really feeling good about the new organization this year.

musicmanryann
05-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Agreed. It is really shaping up to be a great weekend.

Divemaster
05-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Sounds great! After the problems with the Dells this year, Minn in May could be on our list for next year!

BBQ_Mayor
05-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Minn In May has always been a well run comp, just had a minor hickup last year. Oh, and the weather didn't help much either.
I'm glad the Minnesota BBQ society stepped in to bring this comp back to the quality it once was, and with great weather (keep fingers crossed) in the forcast, it looks to be a great weekend.

Smokin' Joe
05-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Whooohooo!

stone blue
05-11-2010, 03:23 PM
We're not only honoring the $10,000 payout. We're not paying any teams with gift cards, bar tabs or waterpark passes. We want our teams to have a great time at MN. in May.
If you guys need anything in Austin We will have a number of people ready to help out.

The Turk
05-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Of course theres a special tax applied for all Iowa teams, I believes its 70 percent.:clap2:

Capn Kev
05-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Looks like you guys will have decent weather...60's and mostly sunny. Good luck and have fun.

Smokin' Joe
05-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Of course theres a special tax applied for all Iowa teams, I believes its 70 percent.:clap2:
If I remember correctly Iowa teams hauled 90% of that 10K back to Iowa with 'em last year:twisted: (and it wasn't with me BTW:redface:)....I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin:becky:

Bud's BBQ
05-11-2010, 06:09 PM
We're not only honoring the $10,000 payout. We're not paying any teams with gift cards, bar tabs or waterpark passes. We want our teams to have a great time at MN. in May.
If you guys need anything in Austin We will have a number of people ready to help out.

LMAO - was looking forward to that expensive trophy and bar tab :clap2:

Our first time at the MIM.

Joe, are you up for a flag raising ceremony again like we did in Little Rock? :becky:

Coz
05-11-2010, 06:45 PM
LMAO - was looking forward to that expensive trophy and bar tab :clap2:

Joe, are you up for a flag raising ceremony again like we did in Little Rock? :becky:

need a dishwasher?

Smokin' Joe
05-11-2010, 06:55 PM

Glad to hear you are making the trek out to our neck of the woods:thumb: You will enjoy this contest, very nice venue, good power, and good people.

Anytime Walt!!

Bud's BBQ
05-11-2010, 07:18 PM
need a dishwasher?

If you're serious - by all means, always enjoy your company. Call us :-D

Glad to hear you are making the trek out to our neck of the woods:thumb: You will enjoy this contest, very nice venue, good power, and good people.

Anytime Walt!!

Revelee is at 0 dark thirty! But be aware, Theresa got an even bigger flag........:shocked:........ only kidding.

We'll be rolling in very early Friday Morning. Look forward to seeing you all.

Smokin' Joe
05-11-2010, 07:49 PM
be aware, Theresa got an even bigger flag....

Do they even make flags bigger than that one:becky::becky:

Bud's BBQ
05-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Do they even make flags bigger than that one:becky::becky:

Arrrrrrrrggggggggghhh

but yes...:roll:

Just told T what you said and she said.......

WANNA BET ???? :-P

Coz
05-11-2010, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Bud's BBQ;1278864]If you're serious - by all means, always enjoy your company. Call us :-D

Well I tryed but Brenda had a knife so it looks like I am stayin home. Are you leaving the bus out here till the Dells ?

Bud's BBQ
05-11-2010, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=Bud's BBQ;1278864]If you're serious - by all means, always enjoy your company. Call us :-D

Well I tryed but Brenda had a knife so it looks like I am stayin home. Are you leaving the bus out here till the Dells ?

Wish we could but It's just me an T cooking so there is no way we could figure to leave the coach and get home. See you at the Dells.

Smokin' Joe
05-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Arrrrrrrrggggggggghhh

but yes...:roll:

Just told T what you said and she said.......

WANNA BET ???? :-P

:yield::pound:

musicmanryann
05-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Didn't know the Scotsmen were making it out--sweet! I will look forward to seeing you. And of course now I know where I will be at 9:22 on Saturday morning. Lol!