PDA

View Full Version : Need Help For Mothers Day Cook

Glenn W
05-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Guy's I need your help on this one!

My Mother and Mother n Law want me to smoke some whole chickens for Sunday.

Question is I can put them on the WSM at 9:30 AM till 12:30 PM (won't be home during this time)? Never done chicken that long. If I q 3 birds at 225ish is 4 hrs too long? Will they be way overdone?

I usually do chickens 300+. I will be using the foiled clay method.

Should or could I put them on frozen and use mustard for the rub to stick?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Puppyboy
05-06-2010, 10:55 AM
What time is dinner?

You can cook at 200*.

Or cook the day before then re-heat.

Glenn W
05-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Want to serve around 1.

jeffboyette
05-06-2010, 11:10 AM
I wouldnt put them on frozen. Keep the mustard for ham sandwiches. Run the pit at 200-225. If they are decent sized birds, 4 hours is just about right. Take them off, get the pit hot ass hell, or direct heat them to crisp the skin. The meat wil be tender.
If your worried about them getting too done, just set them on a can, with refrigerated beer or marinade with a couple ice cubes. The cooler liquid will slow down the internal cooking and keep everything moist for the long haul.

Garyclaw
05-06-2010, 02:33 PM
^^^^^That sounds about right. I know whatever you're doing between 9 and 12, you're going to be thinking about those birds though.:-P

eleventhtoe
05-06-2010, 03:04 PM
I wouldnt put them on frozen. Keep the mustard for ham sandwiches. Run the pit at 200-225. If they are decent sized birds, 4 hours is just about right. Take them off, get the pit hot ass hell, or direct heat them to crisp the skin. The meat wil be tender.
If your worried about them getting too done, just set them on a can, with refrigerated beer or marinade with a couple ice cubes. The cooler liquid will slow down the internal cooking and keep everything moist for the long haul.

Thats right I did a couple birds that way the other day and it turned out just right.