PDA

View Full Version : Brisket help

woodwardbbq
04-16-2010, 08:54 PM
I am doing a brisket with kosmo brisket injection.My first brisket with a injection.I have been told to take the brisket to 165 deg. and foil to 195.I am using a packer.When do I take the point off ?.:confused:And how do I finish cooking the point?:confused:

JamesTX
04-16-2010, 09:41 PM
You don't have to do either. Cook it whole, take the point off when you slice the brisket.

K-Barbecue
04-16-2010, 09:43 PM
I usually don't separate it until the cook is complete. I'll usually smoke to 180, foil then go for 195-200. Seems to work for me.

bbqbull
04-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Follow the above advice, probe your brisket flat with a thermometer.
If the probe slides in the point or the flat....the bigger piece like butter its done.
I let the meat rest for about 15 minutes, take the back side of your knife and slide it through the fat to seperate the flat from the point.

Please read one of our founding members expert advice here, RIP Scott.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8502&highlight=Turning

woodwardbbq
04-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the help.Will do.

Sticks-n-chicks
04-17-2010, 05:36 AM
I've wrapped at 165 and have not wrapped I have wrapped at lower temps as well, I prefer to wrap at a lower temp. I seperate the point and the flat when I wrap and wrap seperately and do a doctoring :)

Smokin' D
04-17-2010, 11:08 AM
As to your question of finishing the point after separation. My last brisket, and my best, was injected with Butchers Injection. Was going to make burnt ends with the point but after cubing the meat up, it all got eaten before going back in the smoker. Oh well. Delicious! Any way take the point, cube it, taste some pieces, put the cubes in an aluminum pan, sprinkle on some rub, pour on a little sauce and place the pan back in the smoker for a couple hours, stirring occasionally, tasting too, and cook till the meat is all sticky and gooey and delicious looking. That should do it. Oh yeah. No need to foil the whole packer unless you are in a hurry.