PDA

View Full Version : I found one!!!!!!!!

mook
05-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Sportmart, a popular sporting goods store here in CA has the Charbroil Bandera!!!!!! their regular price is $219, it is on sale through tommorow for $25 less. They also had a nice size Charbroil offset for $ 129, i forget the name but it has some 700 square inches of cooking space. also $25 off through tommorow 5/19

I am picking mine up tommorow!!!!!

mook
05-18-2004, 11:36 PM
ok above is the short version, here is the whole story.

So as I mentioned in another post, me, horn and bigmofo are gonna compete in a competition next weekend in San Diego, and since this is our first try, we need a few supplies. So off I go to my local Lowes, gotta return a couple of crappy screwdrivers. So as is my usual routine I stop by the "grill" section to drool over a queer, I have just about got the OL convinced that we can fit one on the balcony, but low and behold those farkers have sold the floor model!!!!!

Well I walk around pissed for a bit cuz i cant stand there and drool, plus they dont have any of the **** i am looking for. As head to the car to hit the next dpot, i notice that the Sportmart across the lot has a couple of canopies outside, one of the things we need, so i decide to head over and price them. As i get closer, i can see that they have gas grills on display under the canopies. I really had not planned on going inside till i noticed that they had charbroil grills. I thought to myself, "****, I wonder if they carry... Nah they aint gonna have it here. No wa- Oh **** is that a fire box" I can only see the fire box at this point, cuz there is something blocking the smoke chamber, i damn near fell on my face running over to get a closer look.

But there it was. A tear came to my eye. There in all it's splendor...

A CHARBROIL BANDERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hornbri
05-18-2004, 11:38 PM
You Suck!

mook
05-18-2004, 11:45 PM
You need to get off your ass and go get you one. farker

BigAl
05-18-2004, 11:58 PM
The hunt is better than the kill, sometimes, but not this time :!: :D

Congrats :!:

kcquer
05-19-2004, 12:04 AM
Way to sniff it out mook!! And at a nice price too. Glad to hear you're gonna get hooked up. Congrats!!

mook
05-19-2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks brothers.

Al as soon as the OL says yes i will be lookin for me a basket.

BigAl
05-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Thanks brothers.

Al as soon as the OL says yes i will be lookin for me a basket.

Treat her nice(soon) , I have enough material on hand to build 6 more at the current prices, not sure if I will build any more after that(steel prices are up over 65% since my last purchase). Shipped 3 out Monday, this week.

parrothead
05-19-2004, 08:07 AM
drool over a queer

Nobody else caught this?

I geuss you are from the land of fruits and nuts.

mook
05-20-2004, 02:46 AM
drool over a queer

Nobody else caught this?

I geuss you are from the land of fruits and nuts.

She sure was a good lookin queer. Out here they come in all types.

And btw, I got it out in the car!! I am gonna set her up and give her a burn first thing in the morning.

kcquer
05-20-2004, 07:15 AM
mook, 8) very 8) , oil that baby up, get her real hot, and she'll provide years of faithful service. This plan will probably work on your new cooker too!! :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

brdbbq
05-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Out here they come in all types.

Been there seen that.

mook
05-21-2004, 02:46 AM
mook, 8) very 8) , oil that baby up, get her real hot, and she'll provide years of faithful service. This plan will probably work on your new cooker too!! :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

LMAO

She has given me ten years so far, so i will treat my new goomah the same way.

I set up my new toy this morning before work, no time to light a fire. I hope to get it lit tommorow or Saturday evening depending on what time i get home.

cabo
05-22-2004, 05:44 PM
And the passion persists. :wink:
Congrats & good luck in the Competition!!! :)

mook
05-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Update!!!!!!

I finaly got a chance to season her yesterday, and after working 8 days straight I am smoking today. Went out and got some hickory and oak this morning, and am doing some thighs on it right now!!!!!!!

I'll report back later with results

BigAl
05-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Between the thighs, the sweet meat .......wait this is Qtalk!