PDA

View Full Version : In case your missing the notices up top.

BBQchef33
03-29-2010, 10:47 AM
This post (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81360) is in the announcements section. All Members, please read.

seattlepitboss
03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm sorry, but this seems to be a solution to a problem I don't know about. Why did Phil write that post? What was the problem? (His post gives no examples ..??)

seattlepitboss

Jorge
03-29-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm sorry, but this seems to be a solution to a problem I don't know about. Why did Phil write that post? What was the problem? (His post gives no examples ..??)

seattlepitboss

I don't think it is necessary to single folks out by offering them up as examples.

The important thing is that everyone understands the message.

BBQchef33
03-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Pitboss

I'm glad you don't see the issues. I anticipated that the message would be a surprise to many.

Our forum averages OVER 1000 posts a day. Of that, there may be issues hidden in 3 or 4 threads, occasionally.

What is not evident or wide spread to the general population is in the forefront of administrative issues. We are the pipe at the end of the funnel.

Whereas a flame war of 5 or 6 posts, in a single thread or the loss of one member may be totally invisible to you(the proverbial you), a moderator or myself may spend days running interference and refereeing someone or a group of folks who are going at it in a thread buried somewhere in Qtalk.

So what this post is about, is a culmination of things, that over time, have worked their way into our culture and we are seeing a trend develop. We are addressing them now, before they become the norm.

BlkJeep
03-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Bump. Nicely put...

BRBBQ
03-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I was thinking I hadn't seen a post from Grand PooBah for awhile...Glad I can't insult many folks here, I know about one guy on this forum and he don't remember me unless I tell him we met:becky:. Come to think of it, I don't know anyone! I guess I don't fall in the insulting catagory much, and don't mind taking a friendly jab from others. I kind of thought it was part of growing up in the forum or fun as you will. As far as the blatant insults, I agree they need to stop. I recall my 1st post, I felt like an idiot asking questions, and I know it was on an UDS, which I know has been posted a few times. But like most people I didn't know anything about the search button below or what it even did. Anyway it took me awhile to get over my jitters and feel comfortable posting, I've learned alot and still am.

peppasawce
03-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Amen!!

BobBrisket
03-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Bump

kickassbbq
03-30-2010, 07:40 AM
I just wanna be loved. Is that so wrong?

MOS95B
03-30-2010, 08:36 AM
I have no idea what I missed, which is probably a good thing. Other than one or two potential trolls, my experience here so far has been nothing but positive.

KnucklHed BBQ
03-30-2010, 10:31 AM
I just wanna be loved. Is that so wrong?

Carefull what you ask for... There's a picture floating around here of Phil kissin 'nother dude... you might get more love than you are ready for. :shock::becky:

BTW - how is it possible that this thread has more farking views than the thread everyone's supposed to be reading???

kickassbbq
03-30-2010, 11:00 AM
I love Phil, but I ain't gonna be a kissin' him!!!

I just verped in my mouth!

BBQchef33
03-30-2010, 03:51 PM
I KNEW I should have locked this when i posted it.

Kickass.. since you wont take on the task, send one of your stewardesses. :decision::rockon:

KnucklHed BBQ
03-30-2010, 04:48 PM
I KNEW I should have locked this when i posted it.

I just surprised that no one has posted the pic yet... :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh: