PDA

View Full Version : I'm In Dreamland

Solidkick
04-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanks to Uncle Farker's favorite nephew from Memphis, I got a box from Mobile AL. Oh baby, I'm in Love! since it's raining and ain't gonna let up, i'm headed to Bandana's tonight with jar in hand. ain't NOBODY getting any but ME. then, I'm headed to wally world to buy me a lockbox with only one key. Beer's coming out of the fridge and the lockbox is going in.
gonna have to learn to like Bud on ice in a glass 'cause there's precious cargo that has to be kept in the fridge now. I'm generally a sharing type of guy, but not this time!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks Fred, Wilma, Bill, I appreciate the thought! The wife says " Oh that was so nice of him, we should send him a care package." I didn't have the heart to tell her you almost got TPed from 48 states, "care package" maybe wasn't the right choice of words.....

We'll be sending you some sauces that are made locally so you'll get a taste of how we do it in Central Missouri. You already know about Blues Hog, we'll send some others......

Thanks again!

Bill-Chicago
04-30-2004, 02:48 PM
My pleasure.

And next in line is....

parrothead
04-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Fred, Wilma

Excuse me. Those are my dogs. THey can take the credit for it.

Solidkick
05-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Update:

went to bandana's, ordered a slab of ribs, took my Dreamland, was in heaven. Store manager came over, asked what kind and who's sauce,
went and got himself a dish of pulled pork, we go to Dreamland together....

Good stuff...Thanks again!

parrothead
05-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Did ya tell him about the brethren?

Solidkick
05-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Did ya tell him about the brethren?

Anthony (Mgr.) and Brad (asst. Mgr.) BOTH know about the Brethren, and have since about November. Yep, I talk up the site as much as I can.
These guys are good people, I've seen the cookers and holders. Good clean operation, can't share any cooking stuff like rubs, but that's OK, ain't worth getting fired over. If it wouldn't be such a pay cut, I'd think seriously about joining them.

parrothead
05-02-2004, 11:23 AM
See if you can get them to cook their ribs longer. Which bandana's do you go too?

Solidkick
05-02-2004, 03:19 PM
We've got one here in Columbia. Actually there ribs here aren't too bad. Nice smoke ring, pull away from the bone nice.
Pork could be cooked a little longer to suit me, but still good. Served more in chunks than pulled style, but tender.
Turkey is good, is what the wife and youngest son always gets and never complains.
Their beef is not brisket and is not advertised as such. I haven't quite figured out what cut they use ( I keep forgetting to ask), and to me it is just so so. This could be our local establishment's weakest menu item in my opinion.

They stay busy as hell, not only the resturant business, but cater 4-6 events on the weekend and a couple through the week.

If I could get DF away from the pool and the coast, I think we could take part of their catering business away (hint hint).

chad
05-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the offer! :D

I can't afford to move out of town much less out of state :mrgreen: Sounds like your getting a good view from the inside of their business. Who knows, you might come up with a suggestion to help them or a concept you can use yourself.

mook
05-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Someone please pull a brothers coat and confirm that dreamland is a sauce?

racer_81
05-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Someone please pull a brothers coat and confirm that dreamland is a sauce?

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/main/default.asp

It's a sauce, and in Alabama, a way of life.

mook
05-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Great.

Thanks racer. gonna have to order some and give it a try.

Bill-Chicago
05-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Great for dipping Mook.

racer_81
05-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Great for dipping Mook.

Prefer your Mook dipped, eh?

kcquer
05-03-2004, 08:27 AM
I look at that pig and suddenly I know what they did with Morton Downey Jr's teeth when he died.

ckkphoto
05-04-2004, 12:42 PM
I look at that pig and suddenly I know what they did with Morton Downey Jr's teeth when he died.

Morton downey JR died????!!! :shock:

Stucue74
05-10-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm just about out of my 1st Dreamland jar. Man, that stuff lasts awhile, not like regular bbq sauce. Do we have enough clout to get a discount now? Or is it still regular price? The wife loves that stuff.

Bill-Chicago
05-10-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm just about out of my 1st Dreamland jar. Man, that stuff lasts awhile, not like regular bbq sauce. Do we have enough clout to get a discount now? Or is it still regular price? The wife loves that stuff.

It is easier for me to get a discount when they don't normally offer discounts with multi purchase.

DreamLand and Southern Flavor do offer a quantity discount, so they just say to order more to get the discount. I find the 4 pack as exceptional value, when you consider how long it lasts and they are quart jars. For bashes, I order a case and it is a great deal. Same with So Flav.

The Texoma peanut discount was easier to negotiate, since they give the 20% discount on orders over $200. Since this is out of our reach, I had, or rather they allowed, the wholesale rate to apply to individual orders, treating the group as one.

I have talked to the marketing types at Dreamland (through email) and they are already offering the multi purchase discount, so its harder to get them lower.

If you look at retail, when we order multi packs of Southern Flavor, we are still getting it for less than MikeG does when he walks into his local Piggly Wiggly. He pays $8.38 per 15oz can, and depending on how much we buy, we get it for as low as $5.25 shipping included (case purchase)

So Stue, do what I do. Join the trading club. Order a 4pack of Dreamland, get the savings, and send 2 bottles to your trade partner.

You'll have 2 bottles (a couple month supply) and get something else from your partner.

Also, I'm getting itchy. I just dropped $2,400 on a trip to Disney that we are about to take. That was "her" money (mine, but she spent it). So I feel like buying stuff. Gonna load up for Bash 3, starting to drop ship now, but if I got your address from Xmas, everyone is open for getting something.

Any one who wants to get added to the Brethren mailing list, you can PM either Parrothead or I (Phil too, but he'll lose it) with:
Name
Address
email Address
Birth Date

If you include your Bday (just month and date, I dont want your life story :) ) you might get a Brethren Bday gift.

I have been sluggin, and probably missed a few Bdays, but I always catch up.

Wow, this post turned into a soap box. But it pays to read all posts, and this is one of them.

Going to Fridays for some Jack Daniels Ribs (Racer 81's favorite)

Later Brothers

brdbbq
05-11-2004, 06:58 AM
on a trip to Disney that we are about to take

And I'm going to a hick town in New York

Bill-Chicago
05-11-2004, 07:27 AM

Don't forget to ride the town ho.

brdbbq
05-11-2004, 07:33 AM

Don't forget to ride the town ho.

If she has more teeth than I do I will.

parrothead
05-11-2004, 07:47 AM

I think they all do.

racer_81
05-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Going to Fridays for some Jack Daniels Ribs (Racer 81's favorite)

Later Brothers

Marketing Hype Mod

They boil the ribs there you know.

BigAl
05-11-2004, 01:07 PM

I think they all do.

Good one :!: :lol: