PDA

View Full Version : WOW just WOW! Stubbs roadhouse wood

Derek
03-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Wow just wow, I've decided to use the roadhouse flavor wood this morning for my wood of choice and it defently works a hell of a lot better then the generic kind of wood!

http://drp-photography.smugmug.com/Food/Smoking-Dees-Smokin-Pics/DSC00319/815417763_z7LPP-L.jpg

Bbq Bubba
03-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Dude.

Wood is wood. :confused:

Derek
03-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Dude.

Wood is wood. :confused:How come it's smoking more then the very first time I've smoked in it with my pork butt?

Frank Grimes
03-21-2010, 10:00 AM
why are you using chips?

Derek
03-21-2010, 10:04 AM
why are you using chips?That's what I've always used from day 1 of the pre season to now!

Arlin_MacRae
03-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Dude.

Wood is wood. :confused:

Maybe the combination of those three woods is something the rest of us can think about? And I challenge you to make good Q using...cedar. I mean, if 'wood is wood' and all. :-P

why are you using chips?

Which pit are you using, Derek, and how do you use your chips? Chips work great if you can't use chunks or logs. It's all I can use on the Primo and I'll either toss some on the coals, under a couple of steaks, or put them in a foil pouch under the charcoal grate. The Bandera gets the logs. :becky:

Arlin

Derek
03-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Maybe the combination of those three woods is something the rest of us can think about? And I challenge you to make good Q using...cedar. I mean, if 'wood is wood' and all. :-P

Which pit are you using, Derek, and how do you use your chips? Chips work great if you can't use chunks or logs. It's all I can use on the Primo and I'll either toss some on the coals, under a couple of steaks, or put them in a foil pouch under the charcoal grate. The Bandera gets the logs. :becky:

ArlinI'm just throwing the chips in to the chip loader when the smoke dies down ( according to the mes support line )

And yes I'm still very much a newbi!

sdb25
03-21-2010, 11:46 AM
I saw these... mix of hickory, apple, and oak. Not a chip burner myself, but probably not a bad mix if you do that sort of thing. When I burn chips on the gasser, I go 50/50 hickory and apple and have nice results.

Now, if they start selling it in chunks, I'll buy!

Derek
03-21-2010, 11:48 AM
I saw these... mix of hickory, apple, and oak. Not a chip burner myself, but probably not a bad mix if you do that sort of thing. When I burn chips on the gasser, I go 50/50 hickory and apple and have nice results.

Now, if they start selling it in chunks, I'll buy!Thanks for the advice man. I'll try your mix soon!

peppasawce
03-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm glad you liked the Stubbs D....We have to try different things to become good homegrown Pit Masters!! Keep testing those limits my man...I sure will LOL!!!!Peppa

1_T_Scot
03-21-2010, 12:10 PM
How come it's smoking more then the very first time I've smoked in it with my pork butt?

I hope you are not refering to white smoke that is confused for the light blue smoke that is preffered for smoking. Maybe some Pics of your smoker in action???

White and Black smoke great for Steam engines.

Blue smoke for food.

aquablue22
03-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey Derek, where did you get those?, I only use chips, for over thirty five years. i can control my fire much easier with chips! I like the idea of a mix..........

Derek
03-21-2010, 03:25 PM
I hope you are not refering to white smoke that is confused for the light blue smoke that is preffered for smoking. Maybe some Pics of your smoker in action???

White and Black smoke great for Steam engines.

Blue smoke for food.Yeah its blue hue smoke been that way for the 7 hours I had it smoking.

Thank you for your help man!

Hey Derek, where did you get those?, I only use chips, for over thirty five years. i can control my fire much easier with chips! I like the idea of a mix..........Got them at lowel's for l$4 total.

frognot
03-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Haven't seen those but will look for them at my Loew's. Sounds like a good mix to try.

btcg
03-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah its blue hue smoke been that way for the 7 hours I had it smoking.

Thank you for your help man!

Got them at lowel's for l$4 total.

Is that $4.00 or $14.00 per bag?

CajunSmoker
03-21-2010, 05:02 PM
I love the Stubbs briquettes, but haven't seen the wood chips yet. Sounds like a good mix. I use chips when I grill and will definitely be on the lookout for it.

Derek
03-21-2010, 05:07 PM
I love the Stubbs briquettes, but haven't seen the wood chips yet. Sounds like a good mix. I use chips when I grill and will definitely be on the lookout for it.Its an awesome mix for the pork butt, and yes that bag was actually $3.97 per bag at our lowels