PDA

View Full Version : Q&A - Can you freeze uncooked Corned Beef/Pastrami and thaw to cook?

bigabyte
03-18-2010, 09:07 AM
The answer is YES!:cool:

About 3 months ago, I took a packer brisket and cut it into 3 parts because it was so freakishly huge. I took the point off and then cut the flat in half. I cured these with a rub cure with Pastrami seasonings, bagged them and let them cure for 4 days, flipping each day. When they were done I did a soak and rinse. I then cooked up the Corned Beef flats, and bagged and froze the point to use some other time. Well, I thawed out the point and cooked it up yesterday. It's DE-Farkin-LICIOUS!

So yes, you can freeze it in an uncooked state after curing/brining it. I remember seeing this question asked recently and nobody having an answer, so that is why I am sharing.

Bbq Bubba
03-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks for that! :)

Looks great!

bigabyte
03-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Thanks for that! :)

Looks great!
LMAO!!!

I'll take some pics of the leftovers...maybe. The dang thing was in the stall for the most ridiculous amount of time, it took 18 hours from start to finish for htis one point (yes 18 hours:shock), didn't get finished until this morning, and I didn't take pics before cutting it up and bagging it because I had a bunch of other crap to get to to start the day as well. I originally was gonna do burnt ends, but now I'm not. It's dang good though.

Here, imagine a really good tasting pastrami point. See that in your head? Yeah, mine resembles that.:becky:

Bbq Bubba
03-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Point taken. :)