PDA

View Full Version : HELP .... I promised the wife apple glazed tenderloin

QuietOne
03-17-2010, 07:34 PM
I promised my wife I'd make apple glazed pork tenderloin for supper.

when I went to get a new jar of my glaze from the pantry I looked and there it was GONE. Dash to the store they don't have any.

I need a quick glaze using apple jelly and ???? I have some mustard and maple syrup and have a dozen different bbq sauces but.... glazes I've never made from scratch...

HELP please

qman
03-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Butter and the jelly are all you have to have. A little mustard is fine, and any other thing in the seasoning line. Maybe a little honey or your maple syrup. But, the base is the jelly and butter.

Bacchus
03-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Do you have any apples?

landarc
03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
You could even go with just the jelly, I like to add a little bourbon or brandy and some spice, say BBQ rub to the jelly too.

QuietOne
03-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Now that sounds good butter, apple jelly, shot of brandy, little maple syrup, (it's the thick # 3) butter to jelly ratio?

1 cup jelly
1/4 cup melted butter
1 ounce of brandy
2 tblspn maple syrup
Tsp of rub

heat slowly till liquid. remove from heat???

rub the tenderloing with a mix of mustard and bit of all purpose rub.

Soon as the coating sets up baste with the glaze???

or have you got a better thought

QuietOne
03-18-2010, 07:26 PM
The only pron I got.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx196/QuietOne1/Misc/MustardNRub2.jpg

Sat in the mustard, wine, and KC Rub for about an hour.

While that was happening I got the drum rolling. Then on to the drum at about 105C (230F) for almost 2 hours.

Pulled it to glaze it well and kicked the drum high about 230C (450F) back on to the drum for about 10 mins, 5 each side drum running wide open. Then took it off.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx196/QuietOne1/Misc/TenderloinGlazed2.jpg
After sitting 20 minutes an about to start cutting.

Only change I'll make is to cut the Maple Syrup back to 1 tblspoon or use a lighter grade. It was great stuff, Better than the Apple Glaze I normally bought so I'm definitely going to have to try some different Jelly's and Marmalade's.

I added a white wine to the remaining glaze, boiled it a bit and we used that as a dipping sauce. It had my mouth saying oh yeah give me more.

Thanks for the suggestions

grillzilla10
03-19-2010, 07:31 AM
I know I am late in respononding ,but take a recipie thaty has ketchup in it and subsitiute a 12 oz jar of apple jelly for the red stuff and you might be surprize.