PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever use a Cajun microwave?

Wallaby
03-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Check out these pig roasters.

http://www.deltablues.net/roast.html

http://www.deltablues.net/roast02.html

Mike

T-Man
03-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Never used one, but ate a pig done in one . Essentially it is a charcoal fired outdoor oven. There is no smoking process involved to the meat . It is the same as the La Caja China cooker .

CajunSmoker
03-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Never used one, but ate a pig done in one . Essentially it is a charcoal fired outdoor oven. There is no smoking process involved to the meat . It is the same as the La Caja China cooker .

same here. No smoke taste, but they make a pretty tasty baked pig.

tjus77
03-18-2010, 07:17 AM
Last trip to La, I was treated to almost exactly what those fellers were doing. mighty fine eatin. Also liked the link to cathead biscuits, brought back alot of memories.

Critter Done --- BBQ4U !!
03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
These cookers are great for producing moist tender meats, however as stated above you will not get any smoke flavor. I recommend using a really good rub and injecting a liquid marinade. Slow and Low method still applies here for best results.
GOOD LUCK !!!

Chuck

1FUNVET
03-18-2010, 10:45 AM
These cookers are great for producing moist tender meats, however as stated above you will not get any smoke flavor. I recommend using a really good rub and injecting a liquid marinade. Slow and Low method still applies here for best results.
GOOD LUCK !!!

Chuck

I agree. We use one several times a year at American Legion Post. Usually no left overs.:thumb:

MattCom
03-18-2010, 12:32 PM
I especially like the Galvanized wall panels on that shed.... It may taste good, but might make doing math harder.:crazy:

SmokeInDaEye
03-18-2010, 03:24 PM
I especially like the Galvanized wall panels on that shed.... It may taste good, but might make doing math harder.:crazy:

I thought galvanized steel was fine to cook with?

Bacchus
03-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Do they come with the plastic lawn chairs?
They actually look like a good way to cook a large amount of meat for a crowd, without buying a huge smoker.