PDA

View Full Version : Good Vittles BBQ New Year

barbefunkoramaque
03-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Scenes from last years BBQ and the new sandwich for the Epiphany Benefit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoodVittlesSociety?feature=mhw4

MilitantSquatter
03-16-2010, 08:55 PM
How many lbs. are cookin' for this one ?

Have a good cook and successful event....

barbefunkoramaque
03-16-2010, 09:01 PM
This one is wild... Initially because this is beef country, I normally only sell about 200 sandwiches (each farker has what, heck I never measure but someone said it was over 1/3 a pound. So thats a 1/3 sandwich and slaw for $5. So I shorted it this time to planning for only maybe 200 lbs or so of finished meat because this is spring break and no one is home.

The organization has a separate sale at their jobs and just old me the total needed OUTSIDE the Sunday sale was 225 Lbs of one pound orders. So I will be smoking a crap load 340 pounds and then after the sale, after we freeze up the leftovers, I will have a week to make more.

Kevin
03-16-2010, 09:15 PM
You sure know how to have fun with your cooking Donnie. Thanks for sharing.

Cigarbque
03-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Dude,

Beside all the good work you do for your church, besides all the good work you do for the Brethren, Man seeing Kieth and Ronnie jamming with Chuck was was very cool. They all look so young. That "Hit me Fred" looks awesome on the samies too.

landarc
03-16-2010, 09:57 PM
You do good work Brother Funk.

barbefunkoramaque
03-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah I am doing that and the simple Lexington Dip (yeah I know, Va) but flavored with my rub. Ya know, that guy with amazing ribs was right on one account, distilled vinegar is better for the dip... however, red wine is excellent!

Cider is awful