PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Pitmasters Season 2 a "Go"

jmarkus
03-15-2010, 01:08 PM
It's official. Our new format features FOUR different pitmasters competing in EACH episode. We are looking to augment our cast from last season and welcome all interested cooks to throw their aprons in the ring. Send your audition tape/DVD, selling us on why you should be picked to compete against the best. Under 5 minutes, please! To: Lindsay Freed c/o Original Media, 38 E. 29th St., 8th FL, NY, NY 10016. Or, you can email a file of your audition to [email protected]. Send your ?'s there as well. Shooting schedule April 30th - June26th. Good luck and see you on the trail!

Ranbo
03-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Glad to hear this!.

btcg
03-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Cool!

leanza
03-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks John. Your work is appreciated around here.

fireman_pete
03-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Great news John!

Will any/all of the original cast be back?

Pete

It's official. Our new format features FOUR different pitmasters competing in EACH episode. We are looking to augment our cast from last season and welcome all interested cooks to throw their aprons in the ring. Send your audition tape/DVD, selling us on why you should be picked to compete against the best. Under 5 minutes, please! To: Lindsay Freed c/o Original Media, 38 E. 29th St., 8th FL, NY, NY 10016. Or, you can email a file of your audition to [email protected]. Send your ?'s there as well. Shooting schedule April 30th - June26th. Good luck and see you on the trail!

snoqualmiesmoker
03-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Just saw this! great news! Hope Myron is still on it! He was epic! Also, hope it is more than 8 episodes!

Ron_L
03-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Great news, John! Thanks!

Do you already have the competitions where you will be filming nailed down?

NebraskaBBQ
03-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Great news John!

Will any/all of the original cast be back?

Pete

He said they are looking to augment the cast from last season, so that sort of implies that the case will be back. I sure hope so anyway. It wouldn't be the same without Myron.

btcg
03-15-2010, 02:27 PM
He said they are looking to augment the cast from last season, so that sort of implies that the case will be back. I sure hope so anyway. It wouldn't be the same without Myron.

Maybe Paul will have learned to cook by then. :-o

Westexbbq
03-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Great news John, thanks for the update.

I think we all most likely have a short list of Brethren members who could do very well on the show next year; I hope they consider throwing in their respective aprons.

Chef Jim
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
How do I get the show?

cruzmisl
03-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Just saw this! great news! Hope Myron is still on it! He was epic! Also, hope it is more than 8 episodes!

What he said.

sfisch
03-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Excellent!

RAYSOR
03-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the news.

KnightOfTears
03-15-2010, 03:59 PM
FANtastic!!!! I can't wait. Wish I was good enough to enter, but I'm not yet. Maybe I'll enter into season 7 or something...lol.

Ron_L
03-15-2010, 04:14 PM
How do I get the show?

Read John's post (the first post in this thread). The info is all there.

Smoothsmoke
03-15-2010, 04:25 PM
FANtastic!!!! I can't wait. Wish I was good enough to enter, but I'm not yet. Maybe I'll enter into season 7 or something...lol.

Signed.....Paul

Boshizzle
03-15-2010, 04:31 PM

Did you see Paul on the 1st season? Skill isn't always the first consideration, apparently.

kurtsara
03-15-2010, 04:33 PM
How do I get the show?

Turn the tv on and turn on TLC when the show is on

Harmening
03-15-2010, 04:42 PM
.....hope there's no swearin' this time. :wink:

chikenskin
03-15-2010, 04:52 PM
If Myron's on it, you know there will be swearin'...:wink:

Jeff Selle
03-15-2010, 04:55 PM
This is awesome... our team may have to throw in (as rookies of course)...

watg?
03-15-2010, 05:18 PM
very nice, thanks John!

HHpepper
03-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Thats awesome. It was quality tv.

Rich Parker
03-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Excellent!

I am going to bring my camcorder to Eagle to film my audition. :spit:

aquablue22
03-15-2010, 05:49 PM
That's too bad.........

Crüe-B-Cüe
03-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Since they already had his flag in the intro, I think King Todd should be a shoe in. I think Clint would be good on the show too. And if they want to really make it interesting, throw in Pitmaster Donnie T. I can already see them filming the bagphone conversations with Popdaddy.

C-Town Smoker
03-16-2010, 04:58 AM
I caught this article and it looks like the show this time around will be more like the "BBQ Challenge Series" vs. following teams around the KCBS circuit like season one. I am checking with my sources to confirm this but here is the article...just in case that will deter anyone from applying since it sounds like it won't be like last time.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/450242-TLC_To_Revamp_BBQ_Pitmasters_Series.php

Finney
03-16-2010, 05:55 AM
I caught this article and it looks like the show this time around will be more like the "BBQ Challenge Series" vs. following teams around the KCBS circuit like season one. I am checking with my sources to confirm this but here is the article...just in case that will deter anyone from applying since it sounds like it won't be like last time.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/450242-TLC_To_Revamp_BBQ_Pitmasters_Series.php

Sounds like they are going to ruin it. I hope I'm wrong.

BBQ_Mayor
03-16-2010, 06:41 AM
How do I get the show?

Can't get it if you don't have cable. But since you have a computer and internet, you can see them here.
http://tlc.discovery.com/search/results.html?query=bbq

KuyasKitchen
03-16-2010, 06:52 AM

Damn straight it wouldn't be the same damn show. I'm the damn King of BBQ.

All joking aside, Nebraska is right. Myron adds the tang.

Northwet Burner
03-16-2010, 07:25 AM
Hopefully that chick will know better than to use lighter fluid this time around

Great news- I enjoyed the show a lot.

CajunSmoker
03-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Sounds like they are going to ruin it. I hope I'm wrong.

Doesn't sound much different to me. Last season they basically competed against each other at each contest for the highest finish and then at the end they did the rib burn at Johnny Triggs that was just among themselves.

Either way it's got to better than the crapola we have to watch now:clap2:

3 Rivers BBQ
03-16-2010, 08:44 AM
I liked the last show best. I really was entertaining to see the judges reaction, especially when the "heat" was kicked up. Glad season two is coming.

Plowboy
03-16-2010, 09:04 AM
How many auditions are going feature the word DAMN every 5th word? I'm betting most.

Finney
03-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Doesn't sound much different to me. Last season they basically competed against each other at each contest for the highest finish and then at the end they did the rib burn at Johnny Triggs that was just among themselves.

Either way it's got to better than the crapola we have to watch now:clap2:

Sounds more like the old "VS" channel show that was on a while back more than BBQ Pitmasters to me.

Once again, I hope I am wrong.

ique
03-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Great news, but I am surprised they are changing the format...

NebraskaBBQ
03-16-2010, 01:10 PM

From reading the initial post on this thread, along with the article you posted, doesn't it kind of sound like it won't be all that different from the 1st season. To me it sounds like they are going to have the regular cast, but they will feature several teams each week so that they can have their own mini TLC competition within the actual competition that the cast is at that week. I think it's just adding another aspect, and could work out well in that there would always be someone winning the TLC competition, even if none of the castmembers get a call in the actual competetion. I could be completely off base, but that's my $.02.

sdb25
03-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I nominate FUNK to submit a tape... now THAT would be entertaining.

mbshop
03-16-2010, 03:15 PM
if myron is in it i won't watch. the guy instantly royally ticks me off. watched 1.5 shows last time and i want that time back.

Jay Bird
03-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Great news! We really like the high drama. The only "reality show" worth watching.

RixCue
03-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Great news!!! I did enjoy that show .

Rich Parker
03-16-2010, 06:03 PM
If I sent in an audition tape I would be shaking like a dog chittin peach seeds.

I hope they bring back Jamie Geer, so I can get some more one liners. That guy is farkin hilarious!

CajunSmoker
03-16-2010, 06:25 PM
That's what I said. From reading the initial post on this thread, along with the article you posted, doesn't it kind of sound like it won't be all that different from the 1st season. To me it sounds like they are going to have the regular cast, but they will feature several teams each week so that they can have their own mini TLC competition within the actual competition that the cast is at that week. I think it's just adding another aspect, and could work out well in that there would always be someone winning the TLC competition, even if none of the castmembers get a call in the actual competetion. I could be completely off base, but that's my $.02.

CajunSmoker
03-16-2010, 06:28 PM
I don't see anything that leads me to believe it won't still involve sanctioned events. I liked the old VS series anyway, so a clone of that wouldn't upset me either!Sounds more like the old "VS" channel show that was on a while back more than BBQ Pitmasters to me.

Once again, I hope I am wrong.

Finney
03-16-2010, 06:53 PM
I don't see anything that leads me to believe it won't still involve sanctioned events. I liked the old VS series anyway, so a clone of that wouldn't upset me either!

According to what I read they are only filming April 30 - June 27. Not a whole lot of weeks to film actual competitions.

CajunSmoker
03-16-2010, 07:22 PM
According to what I read they are only filming April 30 - June 27. Not a whole lot of weeks to film actual competitions.

That's true, but to get something on in a timely manner would require a pretty tight schedule I would imagine.

River City Smokehouse
03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
I guess I better get me a damn camera and tape about 4.5 minutes of me sayin damn. anybody have a damn camera I can use to tape a damn audition for the damn show?:thumb::crazy:

AlabamaGrillBillies
03-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Sure liked the show, laughing at the 'Johnny Cash' of comp bbq sure was fun, that guy couldn't cook his way out of a paper sack.

Myron didn't bother me, but my tolerance is admittidly higher than mosts'.

Sure wish i had the cash to compete full time, I think the GrillBillies would do great on camera, and not too shaby at the judges' tabels. Being young and having young kids, we are lucky to scrape up the change to do one or two comps a year tops. Oh and TLC, if you're reading this... I can say Farkin' every other word, could be your new big thing.

jonboy
03-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Will they be releasing season one with bonus features?
Ill bet there was quite a bit cut out that would be fun to watch.
jon

speedrcer1
03-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Will they be releasing season one with bonus features?
Ill bet there was quite a bit cut out that would be fun to watch.
jon

Agreed, I'd hit that DVD!

Jbomb
03-18-2010, 10:29 PM
I can't wait myself. I really enjoyed the first season. Wish I was good enough to be on it.

grillfella
03-19-2010, 02:31 AM
I Think Neil aka BigMista would have a shot. I liked him on camera cooking the fresh and easy grill packs on a talk show a while back. Go for it Neil:-D

BBQCookin
03-19-2010, 08:57 AM
To me, nothing was better than to listen to Myron spout off on everything from cooking rigs, lighter fluid, recipe stealing, judging, etc. and then watch his face as the locals took home the hardware! And he was great on Craig Ferguson! The man has personality. Spend a few hours watching the Food Network and maybe Myron's ok?!

denverdanchiefsfan
03-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I loved the first season. Even agreed with many of Myron's takes on things (especially on the Royal). I did think he was over the top on the swearing - seemed like he was forcing it a lot.

Looking forward to season 2.

chambersuac
03-19-2010, 01:29 PM
I think the teams that enter their audition videos should use the terms, "MOINK Balls" and "Atomic Buffalo Turds" as often as possible. Oh, and say that while you wait for your brisket to cook, you like to smoke a few fatties!

Strike BBQ
03-20-2010, 08:40 AM
I hope they don't get too gimicky with this. I think the first one was a success because of the personalities involved. You can only glamorize trimming chicken thighs to a certain point.

CBQ
03-20-2010, 09:34 AM
I loved the first season. Even agreed with many of Myron's takes on things (especially on the Royal). I did think he was over the top on the swearing - seemed like he was forcing it a lot.

Looking forward to season 2.

Sure, it's TV. In person Myron doesn't swear nearly as much, and is much more personable that the show depicts him.

I second the motion to get PopDaddy on. If they won't put him on the show, maybe he could help them edit it. "BBQ Funkmasters" :becky:

JD McGee
03-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Here's my vote for the folks I'd like to see in the show...

Pork Pullin' Plowboys...(gotta have a "nice guy team" in there...:becky:)

barbefunkoramaque...(I believe Donnie could give Myron a run for his money...:boxing:)

Rick's Tropical Delight...(hey...someone's gotta show us all how to cook on camera...:thumb:)

Left Hand Smoke...(yeah that's us...):cool:

Yleekyoti
03-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Did some smokin today . actually still smokin!! While I was smokin I made a tape for Pitmasters. Gonna send it in monday!!!!!! I aint skeered!
:cool:

grossepellets
03-20-2010, 02:17 PM
The show airs on the Learning Channel

Yleekyoti
03-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Ok so my pitmaster tape went in the mail this morning!!! Priority mail , not overnight... I didnt want seem needy LOL. :cool:

MamaQ
03-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Hopefully that chick will know better than to use lighter fluid this time around

Great news- I enjoyed the show a lot.

She doesn't use lighter fluid. The owner of the BGE she borrowed had used it in the past. Myron is the one who regularly uses lighter fluid.

jonboy
03-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Here's my vote for the folks I'd like to see in the show...

Pork Pullin' Plowboys...(gotta have a "nice guy team" in there...:becky:)

barbefunkoramaque...(I believe Donnie could give Myron a run for his money...:boxing:)

Rick's Tropical Delight...(hey...someone's gotta show us all how to cook on camera...:thumb:)

Left Hand Smoke...(yeah that's us...):cool:

icky
03-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Can't wait, loved that show!

NateOwsley
03-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I can't wait to film my audition tape.

JD McGee
03-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Deadline for submissions is April 2...fyi...:cool:

B C BBQ
03-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I think "augment our cast from last year" is key wording and considering the banners on TLC have Myron and LeeAnn all beefed up I am thinking they are definitely back.

John also states, and I might have the wording a little off, they are looking for videos saying why you are worthy to compete against the best. Wouldn't the best be the current ranking champions of the most highly regarded contests that everyone here kicks around?(Even past winners)

The Jack(certainly no impartiality on my part for Chris :) )
MIM
AR
What about Pellet Envy with TOY and considering the last victory in Little Rock would certainly be considered among "the best".

SmokeInDaEye
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I submitted a video and hopefully I get to help represent fine LIFO contingent here!

NorthwestBBQ
03-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Deadline for submissions is April 2...fyi...:cool:

We better get going then.:cool:

frognot
03-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Casting call for Dr. BBQ! Come in Ray!

Another vote here for Clint/SIDE and Neil/BigMista.

macforty
03-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Great News

JD McGee
03-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Just e-mailed our audition clip...we'll see what happens...:cool:

Plowboy
03-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Good luck, everyone!

3 Rivers BBQ
03-23-2010, 09:35 PM
I personally think Wood Chick should not be in season 2. There are several other female quers that cant perform better and not whine so much. I nominate Cowgirl and the Brethren should do a full court press on TLC for her.

JD McGee
03-23-2010, 09:44 PM
I think we should put together a BBQ Brethren UDS Team and blow the socks off the competition...:cool: How about this lineup...

Cowgirl...
Thirdeye...
Norco...
Swamprb...

markrvp
03-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I personally think Wood Chick should not be in season 2. There are several other female quers that cant perform better and not whine so much. I nominate Cowgirl and the Brethren should do a full court press on TLC for her.

LeeAnn provides great drama. Her behavior has you talking about her which is what TLC wants.

3 Rivers BBQ
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
I think we should put together a BBQ Brethren UDS Team and blow the socks off the competition...:cool: How about this lineup...

Cowgirl...
Thirdeye...
Norco...
Swamprb...

Talk about Myron cussin...he would never hear his name called as GC!!

Sawdustguy
03-24-2010, 01:31 PM
I submitted a video and hopefully I get to help represent fine LIFO contingent here!

Clint,

If I was a betting man, I would bet my last dollar that your tape was FedEx'ed with overnight early AM delivery, 50 milliseconds after you heard about this.:-P

BBQCookin
03-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Casting call for Dr. BBQ! Come in Ray!

Another vote here for Clint/SIDE and Neil/BigMista.

A "second" for Ray!

drbbq
03-24-2010, 03:08 PM
A "second" for Ray!

Thanks guys.

Plowboy
03-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks guys.

Michael wants a cameo. :thumb:

drbbq
03-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Michael wants a cameo. :thumb:

Me, Dirty Dick, and Michael would be a formidable team. How's he do cooking oysters?

sdbbq1234
03-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Looking forward to a second season!

wallace

Plowboy
03-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Me, Dirty Dick, and Michael would be a formidable team. How's he do cooking oysters?

He says, "Go raw, or go home."

SmokeInDaEye
03-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Clint,

If I was a betting man, I would bet my last dollar that your tape was FedEx'ed with overnight early AM delivery, 50 milliseconds after you heard about this.:-P

Winner winner chicken dinner! You know me too well, Guy (though it was emailed not Fed Ex'd. Much faster.).

Bigdog
03-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner! You know me too well, Guy (though it was emailed not Fed Ex'd. Much faster.).

That's my boy!! :cool:

Brauma
03-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Ooooo cant wait!!! :pop2:

DCFIREMANN
03-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Well the submission deadline is fast approaching, so how many teams have sent in a video???

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Sledneck
03-29-2010, 12:48 AM
My son and I decided to shoot a video saturday. We sat down, made a script, practiced it a a few times and then set up outside and started to tape. Those of you that know me personally know that I am rarely at a loss for words, when it comes to speaking on the fly I have no problem. I can tell you an actor I will never be! We had to do at least two dozen takes. In between flubbed lines & laughing we barely finished it. I am thinking of just submitting those outtakes instead of the scripted version.

drewnkc
03-30-2010, 10:35 PM
First, I am really excited for a second season. Second, I am going threw the posts on this thread and can't believe some of the names and faces that I am seeing. I just joined the forum, like a minute ago, and already see folks that I have followed on Tv or through competitions I have been to. I didn't realize or even consider that I would have the opportunity to read the comments of such a line up. Sorry if I sound like an idiot. Forgive my immature drooling.

drewnkc
03-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Congratulations on Third Overall to Pork Pullin Plowboys at North Kansas City this month. I stopped by and talked to y'all that Friday night. Thanks for giving me the time and answering my stupid questions.

Drew

Plowboy
03-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Congratulations on Third Overall to Pork Pullin Plowboys at North Kansas City this month. I stopped by and talked to y'all that Friday night. Thanks for giving me the time and answering my stupid questions.

Drew

Anytime, Drew. :thumb: Sorry if I may have been crazy busy. Being a one man team sometimes gets a bit crazy.

Desert Dweller
03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Maybe Paul will have learned to cook by then. :-o
:rolleyes: Sad, true but sad; However, he was on the show and we were not:crazy:.
How do I get the show?
See below:thumb:
Read John's post (the first post in this thread). The info is all there.
If this does not help, see below again... j/k:laugh:
Turn the tv on and turn on TLC when the show is on

smknwhlswife
03-31-2010, 08:23 AM
Our video will go in this week. Can't wait to see it finished.

I wanted to say 'Good Luck' to everyone who sent one in. It will be fun to see who makes the cut!

SmokeInDaEye
03-31-2010, 09:06 AM
My son and I decided to shoot a video saturday. We sat down, made a script, practiced it a a few times and then set up outside and started to tape. Those of you that know me personally know that I am rarely at a loss for words, when it comes to speaking on the fly I have no problem. I can tell you an actor I will never be! We had to do at least two dozen takes. In between flubbed lines & laughing we barely finished it. I am thinking of just submitting those outtakes instead of the scripted version.

It only took me 30 seconds and one take to tape mine.

http://blog.smokeindaeye.com/2010/03/30/wanna-be-a-pitmaster-baby.aspx

Plowboy
03-31-2010, 09:44 AM

Did you toss in a lot of "Who owns #2?!?!"

P.S. I thought you were banned for spilling Phil's YooHoo. :bow:

BBQ_Mayor
03-31-2010, 10:17 AM
It only took me 30 seconds and one take to tape mine.

http://blog.smokeindaeye.com/2010/03/30/wanna-be-a-pitmaster-baby.aspx

Good luck Clint. looks like your trying out to be the next Myron.:-D

SmokeInDaEye
03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Good luck Clint. looks like your trying out to be the next Myron.:-D

Nah, there's only one man in black. I was just making good on a promise to call out Big Mista in my video submission. Not to say I wouldn't still beat those California sprout heads...:-P

Sledneck
03-31-2010, 03:59 PM
has the submission date
been extended?

SmokeInDaEye
03-31-2010, 04:30 PM
has the submission date
been extended?

Yes, from John on Twitter:

"You Future BBQ Pitmaster Stars: the deadline extended to Mid-April. So get off the fence and shoot! You Ladies? The men need a beatdown."

Yleekyoti
04-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Got an email from Pitmasters today !!!!! Bunch of questions and they wanted a picture.. Guess a video wasnt enough! :cool:

BigButzBBQ
04-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Decided to send a video in. Ended up having to reshoot the first part because all you could hear was training wheels and kids playing in the background. Post office said they would get it today but, they lie. I'll just be happy if it gets there by Tuesday. :cool:

Jeff Selle
04-03-2010, 12:49 AM
We turned one in...

denverdanchiefsfan
04-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Good luck to everyone turning in a video. Looks like a lot of fun if you get chosen.

Six Shooter BBQ
04-04-2010, 09:18 AM
I am glad the angry man is gone. He really brought what i think bbq is, people having a grand old time and sharing the knowledge the have gathered in order for the next generation to stay interested. We here at 6SBBQ are shooting for season 4 if there is to be one. But i think there always be people looking this type of TV. I mean look at American Chopper, they didn't really build their stuff, they just put parts together.

Have a great easter all.

drbbq
04-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Which angry man is gone? And if he brought what you think BBQ is, then why are you glad he's gone? I'm confused.

cdollar
04-04-2010, 12:14 PM
I am glad the angry man is gone. He really brought what i think bbq is, people having a grand old time and sharing the knowledge the have gathered in order for the next generation to stay interested. We here at 6SBBQ are shooting for season 4 if there is to be one. But i think there always be people looking this type of TV. I mean look at American Chopper, they didn't really build their stuff, they just put parts together.

Have a great easter all.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this at all???????????

Chuck

sterlingsmoker
04-04-2010, 01:37 PM
AWESOME!! Lookin forward ta year 2!!

Six Shooter BBQ
04-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Seeing that they are going to have different BBQ masters this season Myron will be gone. My comments stem from the way he talks about the competitors, Paul may not be the best BBQer on the block, but he is new and really trying to bring some fun to the sport of competitive BBQ. I am one that likes to experiment until i find what i like i would hate to hear what old man Mixon has to say about that.

Diva Q
04-05-2010, 08:55 AM
I think you are wrong about Myron being gone. I don't think he is going anywhere. Not with the draw he has from the audience. That would be foolish to have him gone. He gets people watching. He gets people talking about the program. Everyone likes to watch the dark horse. This one just happens to be from Georgia.

Jeff Selle
04-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Yleekyoti.... that is awesome.

BTW, I just read that they moved the dealine to April 16th and they are looking for more women teams...

Big Daddy's Bama BBQ
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Everything that I've heard points to Myron returning. It will be interesting to see the side competition mentioned on the website.

Bacon_99
04-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Myron rules! Pitmasters owes a lot of its popularity to him, they'd be nuts to get rid of him....

JD McGee
04-05-2010, 09:28 PM
I too hope he returns...he's a trip! :cool:

slowerlowerbbq
04-05-2010, 10:47 PM
That's great, Yleekyoti, hope it works out.

+1 for Myron, that guy was too damn funny (had to do it) and I want more Jamie Geer! He needs his own show!

BigButzBBQ
04-06-2010, 12:20 AM
I hope Jamie Geer gets more air time and that Myron gets atleast some commentary airtime. Like him or not, the rest of the public does like his off the cuff commentary and the heck with all opinions that he throws about at will. There has to be characters to keep things interesting, for some it comes more natural than others, myron would be one of those.

Haltech
04-06-2010, 04:39 PM

I agree, i would like to see Leann gone along with her Drama and bring in a female who is dedicated to queing.

Smokin Turkey
04-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Didn't someone post here a few weeks ago it was canceled? :rolleyes:

I'm just sayin' LOL! :icon_devil:becky:

big matt
04-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Congrats to all who are trying out!..one thing about Myron..in person he's not what u see on tv..a true southern Gentelman!..his family were very nice and so was his team..he treated us like family..

SmokeInDaEye
04-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I hope they bring back Mr. Roper. That Mr. Furley gets on my nerves.

armor
04-08-2010, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=Six Shooter BBQ;1239064]I am glad the angry man is gone. He really brought what i think bbq is, people having a grand old time and sharing the knowledge the have gathered in order for the next generation to stay interested. We here at 6SBBQ are shooting for season 4 if there is to be one. But i think there always be people looking this type of TV. I mean look at American Chopper, they didn't really build their stuff, they just put parts together.

WOW...How did you find those matches?

Chef Jim
04-08-2010, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=Six Shooter BBQ;1239064]I am glad the angry man is gone. He really brought what i think bbq is, people having a grand old time and sharing the knowledge the have gathered in order for the next generation to stay interested. We here at 6SBBQ are shooting for season 4 if there is to be one. But i think there always be people looking this type of TV. I mean look at American Chopper, they didn't really build their stuff, they just put parts together.

WOW...How did you find those matches?

Ditto

CarbonToe
04-14-2010, 09:47 AM
I really enjoyed the show and didn't mind the swearing (well by swearing I mean beeping!)

Roll on Season 2

SirPorkaLot
04-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Well I just watched a bunch of the audition tapes on youtube....all I can say is: I hope they cook BBQ better than they make video....just sayin :tsk:

BigButzBBQ
04-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Well I just watched a bunch of the audition tapes on youtube....all I can say is: I hope they cook BBQ better than they make video....just sayin :tsk:

For once I actually didn't post a video on YouTube, that being my audition one. Had mixed feelings about it. Then again, haven't really looked at anyone else's either though. :becky:

No contact for me yet though... so guessing magic ball says doubtful. :noidea: Oh well.

SirPorkaLot
04-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Well I am not saying I could do any better, (which may be one reason i didn't enter) but it is good entertainment to watch them (in a watching a train wreck kinda way)

SmokeInDaEye
04-15-2010, 05:57 PM
I just watched some of them. Good times!

I'm not holding my breath on making the cut, though.

BigButzBBQ
04-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I just watch some of them. Good times!

I'm not holding my breath on making the cut, though.

Actually, YOUR'S was the only video I have watched. I liked the style. Not sure what they are looking for though, a bunch of cooking, personality, gear,... then again, it is TV so it could be anything.

SmokeInDaEye
04-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Actually, YOUR'S was the only video I have watched. I liked the style. Not sure what they are looking for though, a bunch of cooking, personality, gear,... then again, it is TV so it could be anything.

Glad you liked it, sir. Though the one of me cooking in a bikini made me sick a little bit! ;)

NateOwsley
04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
check out our audition tape here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBI8RqUEsSc

MOS95B
04-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Just curios, do The Brethren get anything when the logo is used in the credits??

SmokeInDaEye
04-16-2010, 11:23 AM
check out our audition tape here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBI8RqUEsSc

Nice! This one made me laugh.

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/SmokeInDaEye/th_PitmastersSmokeInDaEye.jpg (http://s393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/SmokeInDaEye/?action=view&current=PitmastersSmokeInDaEye.flv)

bbqpitstop
04-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Decided just yesterday to throw together a half ass attempt at a video and submitted today...lol.......just thought maybe they'd entertain throwing an electric smoker in the mix to see where it lands....I know I know....it can't count, and it can't win anything but just for proving a little something to the stick burners out there it would be interesting..........

Bigmista
04-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Wanted to wait until after the deadline to post my video audition. Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRLG-afaQTo&feature=player_embedded

NateOwsley
04-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Good video Big Mista, diggin the theme song too

charlie263
04-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I talked to Myron Mixon at the Tri county BBQ festival in Dothan, AL last week, and he said they were gonna start filming in May, and be back on the tube in August.
Charlie
Big on the pig team
Graceville, FL
WSM
homemade stick burner

SmokeInDaEye
04-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Wanted to wait until after the deadline to post my video audition. Here it is...

Awesome, Mista! Me and the family have watched it three times laughing our
arses off! East versus west in the ultimate showdown...

Bigmista
04-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Glad it made somebody laugh! We'll see what happens.

BigButzBBQ
04-17-2010, 07:56 AM

Great Video Man!

I almost hope you get picked just though they make you drag yourself up to my neck of the woods for a contest. :laugh:

Good luck man!

JD McGee
04-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Ours isn't a good as Neil's...but here 'tis... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBCC3c_OXI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBCC3c_OXI)

SirPorkaLot
04-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Best of luck to all brethren pitmasters who submitted a video!

Bigdog
04-18-2010, 08:11 AM

Great video Neil. :clap2::clap2::clap2: Is that my sausage stuffed fatty turn in for the American Royal at the 224 mark? :cool:

Bigmista
04-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Great video Neil. :clap2::clap2::clap2: Is that my sausage stuffed fatty turn in for the American Royal at the 224 mark? :cool:

Why yes. Yes it is! And you were nervous about doing it.

Trout_man22
04-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Neil I loved it. (Ready for my close up Bigmista DeMille.)

Todd Ras
04-19-2010, 09:41 PM
So, has anyone heard anything back yet? Any positives or negatives?

NateOwsley
04-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Got an email from Pitmasters today !!!!! Bunch of questions and they wanted a picture.. Guess a video wasnt enough! :cool:

Did you ever hear back from them after you submitted that stuff?

Bigdog
04-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Why yes. Yes it is! And you were nervous about doing it.

Heck ya. It was my first comp turn in and it was the farking Royal. :pray: Thanks for your help with it. :clap2::cool:

bbqpitstop
04-27-2010, 01:49 AM
So John Markus finally twitters....finalists to be notified in two weeks.....wonder what comps he intends to hit.....

lsffbabw
04-27-2010, 09:48 AM
So John Markus finally twitters....finalists to be notified in two weeks.....wonder what comps he intends to hit.....

I was under the impression they were to start filming this weekend? Have they pushed it back?

NateOwsley
04-27-2010, 10:08 AM

Thanks for the update!

rle5766
04-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Myron will be back, saw him this weekend at BBQ and Blues in Barnesville Ga. were he took the Grand.

Bigmista
04-27-2010, 06:29 PM
This is strictly speculation but since this is going to be a tournament I don't think Myron is going to compete. Since he was THE personality last year, I would guess that they want him around for every episode. That leads me to believe that he is going to be a judge.

Myron Mixon, the Simon Cowell of BBQ.

armor
04-27-2010, 07:32 PM
I was under the impression they were to start filming this weekend? Have they pushed it back?

Myron has a class this weekend.

NateOwsley
04-27-2010, 11:12 PM
This is strictly speculation but since this is going to be a tournament I don't think Myron is going to compete. Since he was THE personality last year, I would guess that they want him around for every episode. That leads me to believe that he is going to be a judge.

Myron Mixon, the Simon Cowell of BBQ.

Where did you hear it was going to be a tournament? I think Myron would make Simon cry.

bbqpitstop
04-27-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm assuming they pushed back filming from the original intended date, just because none of you posted as to hearing from TLC...and I'm fully expecting someone from the brethren to make the cut, and I'm sure you would post here to let us know.

I'm with Big Mista...it almost sounds like the format could be an "iron chef" type matchup with four teams each week battling in barbecue, not necessarily filming at a kcbs sanctioned event.....I do recall something being mentioned about four different teams a week...

With a six episode season that could mean 24 teams picked unless one team wins and goes onto the next episode...maybe ending in a "jeopardy tournament of champions" type contest. lol......

Bigmista
04-28-2010, 01:24 AM
This was posted around the internet...

New format features FOUR different pitmasters competing in EACH episode. We are looking to augment our cast from last season and welcome all interested cooks to throw their aprons in the ring!!! Great news for all those guys and gals who want to be on the show. Here is how you can apply! Good luck to all those who send in their DVD’s!

armor
04-28-2010, 04:30 AM
I doubt he will "let the cat out of the bag" but I will ask and see what he says this weekend.

NateOwsley
04-28-2010, 09:18 PM
I bet they'll just go to different competitions and feature 4 different teams each week.

NateOwsley
04-28-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm assuming they pushed back filming from the original intended date, just because none of you posted as to hearing from TLC...and I'm fully expecting someone from the brethren to make the cut, and I'm sure you would post here to let us know.

I'm with Big Mista...it almost sounds like the format could be an "iron chef" type matchup with four teams each week battling in barbecue, not necessarily filming at a kcbs sanctioned event.....I do recall something being mentioned about four different teams a week...

With a six episode season that could mean 24 teams picked unless one team wins and goes onto the next episode...maybe ending in a "jeopardy tournament of champions" type contest. lol......

nobody has responded probably because they don't want to ginx themselves. :tape:

NorthwestBBQ
04-29-2010, 01:58 AM
With a six episode season....

It will NOT be a six episode season. That was because they started late in the season last year. This year will be at least 20 weeks. Get ready for fun! :-D

bbqpitstop
04-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Even Better !

Bigmista
04-29-2010, 09:59 AM
It will NOT be a six episode season. That was because they started late in the season last year. This year will be at least 20 weeks. Get ready for fun! :-DYou've got jokes! No station buys shows for 20 weeks anymore. 13 weeks at the most. Usually less than that.

Yes I read something besides the brethren from time to time.

BigButzBBQ
04-29-2010, 10:51 AM
I think it would be funny to see them show up at peoples work or something to pull them out and get told, "What! Can it wait? I got a business to run. How bout you come back after close?" :laugh:

BigButzBBQ
04-29-2010, 10:52 AM
You've got jokes! No station buys shows for 20 weeks anymore. 13 weeks at the most. Usually less than that.

Yes I read something besides the brethren from time to time.

Maybe the plan is to tape for 20 weeks, I agree though, they won't run it for that long.

Sledneck
04-29-2010, 12:22 PM
woohoo cant wait till filming starts!!!!

nthole
04-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Agreed there is no way they can shoot 20 episodes. Survivor doesn't even have that many and that is primetime on a national network.

Myron as a judge with this being some sort of 4 team show down each week...that blows my mind. That would be AWESOME. Honestly, seeing the teams in a regular competition is fun, but because that means sometimes none of them win, or potentially none of them could even place, because the local competition might, you lose the ability to have some bragging rights and in your face going on.

I love the idea of some sort of 'Big Dance' ala NCAA thing.

Myron as a judge....ha! If he is who wants to put a bet down on how many episodes till he throws someones Q back at them!

NorthwestBBQ
04-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Gee fellas, how many episodes of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives were there last season? Answer: 21

How about the season before that? Answer: 27

http://www.fancast.com/tv/Diners,-Drive-ins-and-Dives/97569/episodes

I check other sources too, my funky one.

bbqpitstop
04-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Well I hope you're right NorthwestBBQ.....I think it should be filmed and broadcast year round, after all, the chance to showcase a multitude of aspects of bbq are there, the subject is endless........just ask the brethren !

NorthwestBBQ
04-29-2010, 02:13 PM
I agree, I can't get enough!

ique
04-30-2010, 03:14 PM
It will NOT be a six episode season. That was because they started late in the season last year. This year will be at least 20 weeks. Get ready for fun! :-D

Is this a guess or do you have solid info on the show?

NorthwestBBQ
05-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Chris, I do not have actual information, only a gut feeling. After looking at John's original post, he says they would be filming for two months which is only 8 weeks. If they do 2 comps a week they could have 16 episodes.

NateOwsley
05-02-2010, 11:06 PM
ok what's up anybody else hear anything?

armor
05-03-2010, 01:37 AM
Talked to the man. First episode will be shown around Aug 11th. Eight episodes tops all filmed within 3, perhaps 4 weeks with one at an actual comp. Will be like the show "chopped" sort of and team left standing will take the $. He will be judging. He did say that that was the plan as he had been told.

bbqpitstop
05-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Hmmm, how much money ??? lol

Dan - 3eyzbbq
05-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Sounds a lot like the 1st season of the OLN show. Should be fun to watch!

NateOwsley
05-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Should be interesting, I was a big fan of last season's format too though.

Jeff Selle
05-03-2010, 09:14 PM
I agree, Nate, hopefully they will wind up doing both...

bbqpitstop
05-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Another Tweet via John Markus ..........Final, final roster not yet locked, but many already contacted. A couple hundred, wonderful submissions. Gonna be a wild ride, folks!!!

Any brethren hear anything ?

SmokeInDaEye
05-04-2010, 12:17 PM
New format should be interesting. I'm looking forward to watching it.

southernsmoker
05-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Interesting, should be fun..there used to be quite a few decent bbq programs on once upon a time, where'd they all go?
Up here we get "Road Grill" pathetic...:der:

drbbq
05-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Rumors floating around about teams being called. A couple that post here.

bbqpitstop
05-04-2010, 01:11 PM
lol Rumors ? Who's twittering you Ray ?

Diva Q
05-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Interesting, should be fun..there used to be quite a few decent bbq programs on once upon a time, where'd they all go?
Up here we get "Road Grill" pathetic...:der:

Road Grill - I still can't stomach that program

Bigmista
05-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Rumors floating around about teams being called. A couple that post here.

Interesting. What did you hear?

Jeff Selle
05-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Here is a twitter posted yesterday at noon:

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/690257223/John_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/BBQPitmasters) BBQPitmasters (http://twitter.com/BBQPitmasters)

Final, final roster not yet locked, but many already contacted. A couple hundred, wonderful submissions. Gonna be a wild ride, folks!!!

DCFIREMANN
05-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Any news yet??? I would love to know who got the call. With a couple of hundred teams trying to get in the show it should be interesting!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

NateOwsley
05-13-2010, 03:55 PM
We got an email a week and a half ago saying we made it to the final leg and that they would be notifying the teams picked over the next 2 weeks so we've still got our fingers crossed. :pray:

Sledneck
05-13-2010, 06:04 PM
I cant take all this not not knowing any more!!! I just wish they would decide already.....

DCFIREMANN
05-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Congrats I hope you make it.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Big_AL
05-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I'll have to delete the wife's cache of soap operas to create space on the DVR.

markrvp
05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Any more news about who's going to be on the show?

ThomEmery
05-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Sounds a lot like the 1st season of the OLN show. Should be fun to watch!

Yes it does sound like that

Jeff Selle
05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Great job Nate... I hope a brethern makes the cut...

SmokeInDaEye
05-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Good luck all! Sounds like an awesome time.