PDA

View Full Version : am I stupid or am I on to something?

ejmiller
03-14-2010, 10:01 PM
since I just admitted that I can't clean my grill and and I can't read, I figure I might as well ask something I've been wondering about

I know lots put charcoal on both sides and use the middle as the cool zone, but I like making it half and half

I sear it quickly over high heat, and then move it over to the cooler side to capture smoke

every so often, I give it a few seconds of high heat and then right back to the cooler, smokier side

it seems to work

am I on to something?

landarc
03-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Well, yes, although you are not the first one to do this. Lots of folks have done it this way for years as far as I know. I do both.

Kevin
03-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Naw, that's just OCD. I do it sometimes too. If you leave it alone and keep the lid on, it will get done sooner, but what's the fun in that:-P. Just joking with you ej. It's all good.

Midnight Smoke
03-14-2010, 10:43 PM
I look at as if you are on to something, meaning, you are learning. There are so many ways to build a fire, you just try different things and see what works the best for what you want to accomplish.

sbramm
03-15-2010, 06:57 AM
i have been using that fire building method in my weber for years. screaming hot on one side and no coals on the other. works great!!!

Nick@ParkAQ
03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Thats standard and works really well for a reverse sear which is most awesome. Also gives you a lot more control over the entire cooking area both from below and with lid control and temps.

Park it! Grill it! Eat it!