PDA

View Full Version : smoker build ideas

timmy7649
03-14-2010, 06:12 PM
i was just givin one of the really old chest freezers. now im not sure if i want to stand it on end like a fridge smoker or leave it laying down and just put a fire box in one end and a smoke stack on the other end, i need your help with any ideas or plans. oh yea i dont want a offset fire box. all internal.

timmy7649
03-15-2010, 09:12 PM
what no one wants to have any imput?:shock:

prtsmgr
03-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Some folks are not here every day, and sometimes it takes a little while to get a reply to your questions.

In the meantime, here's a few ideas for you.

The Smoking Meat Forums has a section for Fridge/freezer builds:
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=198

Or maybe you could try this:

Bradley Smoke Generator would only require a 5" hole in the freezer: http://www.bradleysmoker.com/smoke-generator-with-adaptor.asp

The Stainless Steel Smoke Generator with Adaptor is a highly adaptable unit that allows you to retrofit almost any small structure into a smoke house. The unit consists of two parts. The Smoke Generator is identical to that which is supplied with the Stainless Steel Smoker. However, where the lugs would attach to the cabinet, they instead attach to the face plate of the Adaptor, which is also made of stainless steel. The picture shows the Smoke Generator lugged onto the face-plate of the Adaptor, and the adjustable Adaptor Collar can also be seen. When fitted, the wall of the smoke-house structure fits between the faceplate and the collar and is intended to remain in place permanently while the Smoke Generator can be easily attached or removed when not in use. Just like all our products, the unit uses Bradley flavor Bisquettes. An ideal structure might be an old chest freezer, stood upright , the lid for the door, with an 12.7 cm hole in the side for the adaptor. A blueprint to build your own smokehouse is included with the unit. This product won the coveted Vesta Award in 2003