PDA

View Full Version : Took the Plunge

Midnight Smoke
03-13-2010, 02:49 PM
And ordered some WG. Got 3 bags in last week. I sure hope it is as good as I remember. With shipping it was $92.00, Lump was only $13.50 a bag so shipping is a killer. Thing is, it cost less for 3 bags shipped than 3 bags of BGE that I normally do not buy but did pick one up the other day as the RO at Walmart is coming in so broke up. Much more than RO but I needed a change.

bigabyte
03-13-2010, 03:10 PM
^^^^ Good lump is worth it.:nod:

Midnight Smoke
03-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks Chris!

Forgot to add the Pic.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k66/photolinks/Picture074.jpg

Smokin' D
03-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Wicked Good is wicked good! Been using it pretty much exclusively for three years. The last batch I picked up the bag material had been changed from heavy paper to a poly kind of tougher material. Another difference was the size of the chunks was consistently larger, with many fewer tiny pieces and much less dust. Some of the larger chunks needed to be hit with a hatchet. Not that I mind that. Enjoy your fuel and your cook. Is there any way for you to get a pallet out your way? I am in Massachusetts as is one of the distribution points for WG so that's how I buy it and the cost is about $12 a 22 lb bag. Maybe a hardware store or home supply place could help you out with shipping costs?
Just some food for thought for you.

Bob Wiley
03-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Glad to hear they changed the bag material. Everytime I order they throw in one or two busted bags. What a pain.

Midnight Smoke
03-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Wicked Good is wicked good! Maybe a hardware store or home supply place could help you out with shipping costs?
Just some food for thought for you.

I think that is a good idea, I am sure it would sell.