PDA

View Full Version : Smokin Pork n Butts County...Im going tomorrow!!

CUTigerQ
03-12-2010, 10:41 AM
This will be my first time going to a competiton for any reason. Gonna try to make it down by 10-11. It is in Jackson, Ga. Jacks Old South will be there, according to Myron's website. maybe Ill get a chance to meet him and get a picture.

This is going to be awesome, me thinks. What should I expect as a spectator? :mrgreen::tongue::icon_clown

Alan in Ga
03-12-2010, 02:17 PM
You going to be about 30miles from me got some friends judging that contest. As a spectator just walk around enjoy the sites and smells, get some good ideas and talk with folks. Just have a good time.

landarc
03-12-2010, 02:53 PM
One of the things I have noticed, is if you pay a little attention, it goes a long ways. If the team is actively working, say moving wood and meat around, hang back a bit and watch. If they are sitting or relaxing, go on up, introduce yourself and see what they got to say. Back when I did more charity cooking, people would come up and gab when I have armfuls of raw meat and an open cooker. Would piss me off that they were so self-absorbed that they couldn't wait until I was done working.

tntitan
03-12-2010, 03:04 PM
the kcbs is also out at lk lanier this weekend along with the bassmasters im going to this one