PDA

View Full Version : Finally...A Weber CL find

ricksegers
03-11-2010, 09:08 PM
After looking for months, I finally got a Weber 22 1/2" OTG. It's green and needs a little work just cleaning it up mainly. I paid too much for it and drove 2 hours one way for it but they are so rare around here I didn't haggle. It was too dark to get picture with cell phone when I got in and can't get around to working on it til Sunday with company coming in. One of the main reasons I wanted one was to get a rotisserie and a rib-o-lator.

I'm going to replace the fire grate and eventually get a flip grill grate and baskets. The grate in it is just flat. The outside looks great and the inside basically just needs cleaning (hello wire brush). I am hoping some of the Weber rehab pros can offer any suggestions of things I might want to do or at least need to look at.

A pic will be coming Sunday afternoon. BTW, what I believe is the date stamp is DD but I don't know what year that is.

Yleekyoti
03-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Congrats on the cl find. I got my weber from a friend just for the lid,, cleaned it up and cooked on it! Just passed by a new thread that splains how to make a better fire pit in the bottom. Happy cooking!!

Smokin' D
03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Always fun to find a good score on CL. Good for you. Rotisserie cooking is the best IMHO and the kettle does a great job with that. As to the DD, if you go to the Virtual Weber Site, they have an index of all the alpha codes to date yours. Have fun!

Yleekyoti
03-12-2010, 07:09 AM
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80239

Harbormaster
03-12-2010, 08:59 AM
DD is a 2000 model.

Here's the way to determine double letter Weber date stamps:

A = 1
U = 2
T = 3
H = 4
O = 5