PDA

View Full Version : Sold the Fat 50

MattG
03-11-2010, 09:22 AM
I sold our Fat 50 and the depression has set in. I'm try to build a comp trailer but its a 1 year plan. I felt like I was selling a kid when I let it go. OOOOOoooooo the SHAME!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

Frank Sacco
03-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Sorry to hear the sad news brother

big brother smoke
03-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Damn, hope you got a hell of a gameplan.

Hell Fire Grill
03-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Matt look at it like this theres another guy out there somewhere that feels like a kid in a candy store because he just got himself a sweet deal on a fat 50. Probably driving all over town showing his friends his new toy.

MattG
03-11-2010, 04:38 PM
a friend of mine just called me and has a Traeger XL-Extra Large pellet grill. He only wants $900 and he has a few bags of pellets. Should I become a pellet popper? :shock: Its a great smoker at a great price, its a year old. What is a guy to do???????

landarc
03-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Matt look at it like this theres another guy out there somewhere that feels like a kid in a candy store because he just got himself a sweet deal on a fat 50. Probably driving all over town showing his friends his new toy.
I don't really see how this would make me feel better if I had to sell a great cooker like a Fat50. Bummer Matt.

MattTee
03-12-2010, 11:46 AM

Yes, there is for sure!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Matt - no worries, she's made the trip just fine and is settling into her new home. I kicked my Jeep out of the garage and she's sitting there nice and happy next to my Wife's van.

Fired her up about 10 minutes after my Dad pulled in the driveway. So far cooked a little chicken, a couple of racks of spares and a couple butts. Having a great time smokin' up the neighborhood.

And of course the door is always open if you ever make it up here to NY!

MattG
03-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Cool Matt Glad you are enjoying it. How did the ribs come out?

MattTee
03-12-2010, 02:16 PM
They were pretty good, I think a little overdone for my taste but my folks liked them. Good smoke flavor, I used some hickory, pecan and a bit of Cherry I had on hand.

Trying to get a feel for watching temps, I'm probably making too much work out of it. A couple of splits every hour or so and she seems to do just fine, I think I over fired it a bit on the rib cook though.

Need your address to send back your tag - if you can PM or e-mail me that would be great.