PDA

View Full Version : The "QUEST" a step forward !

Sixgun
04-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Well folks, after hitting the brick wall in my quest for the Bandera time after time and a terffic amount of help from the bretheren I have decided to persue the Brinkmann Smoke King Deluxe. I have no doubt that I will be happy with the left handed pit.
So I went to Lowe's this morn and ordered one.
Now, to make a long story short, It took a while, seems that their SKU# in the little book was wrong, by the time we and I mean we figgered that out they are on 30 day backorder. (90 day?) So I says wait a damn minute here, BigAl says you got plenty over at your Parker store, can't you just transfer one over here? They say OK, it will be here inna couple of days.
We'll just see, won't we.
I'm sure lookin forward to gettin ol' lefty fired up and learnin how to use it proper with the insight of ya'll.
That is if they don't order me a skateboard.
Much Obliged
Sixgun

BigAl
04-19-2004, 11:46 AM
They havent assembled any in the Parker store, that is most likley why they have'em in stock. Price in Parker is $249.

Good luck and glad to have been helpfull.

Sixgun
04-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Yup, 249.00 I told them that I did not want it assembled, I want it new in the box(s)

Bill-Chicago
04-19-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm sure lookin forward to gettin ol' lefty fired up and learnin how to use it proper with the insight of ya'll.

You just named your pit, 6gun

jt
04-19-2004, 12:33 PM

You just named your pit, 6gun

Lefty is good as long as it doesn't wait as long as Phil Mickleson to produce good Q!

BigAl
04-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Yup, 249.00 I told them that I did not want it assembled, I want it new in the box(s)

It is in one big A$s box. You got a pick up? They used a fork lift to load my Bandera. Used my front loader to lif it out the truck at home. It will weigh about 240-250 lbs.

After you "season" her, let me know when your first cook will be. I'll head for Grand Junction and stop at Sams Club to pick up a bunch of SPAM to break her in just right! :D

And maybe some Beers......SPAM and Beer......Bash I, Rockie Mt Chapter!
Big Dog, keep your Calander open! :wink: :lol:

Sixgun
04-19-2004, 01:15 PM
You got a deal !! I'll bust her in as soon as I get it put together. Damn, with my luck it will come in on Thur and it will have to wait a week. (I have to go down to Lake Powell this weekend and catch a couple hundred fish.) I'll buy the beer if you leave the Spam somewhere else.

Sixgun

Arlin_MacRae
04-19-2004, 01:33 PM
You have a front end loader, Al? Ooooh, I am so jealous! That story makes me feel pretty good, since my 17-year old and I hefted my Bandy out of my rig. And set it RIGHT down. lol

BigAl
04-19-2004, 02:59 PM
You got a deal !! I'll bust her in as soon as I get it put together. Damn, with my luck it will come in on Thur and it will have to wait a week. (I have to go down to Lake Powell this weekend and catch a couple hundred fish.) I'll buy the beer if you leave the Spam somewhere else.

Sixgun

You Got any Idea how much beer that I can drink?????????????

Bigdog
04-19-2004, 06:39 PM
I'll buy the beer if you leave the Spam somewhere else.

Sixgun

You got that right Sixgun-keep the stinkin Spam away me too. :P

Sixgun
04-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Why no I don't BigAl. Willin to find out though.
Are ya'll funnin with the Spam thing?
I'm a funuge here so I ain't even gonna ask about peanuts.
Damn the anticipation--------------------------

Sixgun

Bill-Chicago
04-20-2004, 07:23 AM
Why no I don't BigAl. Willin to find out though.
Are ya'll funnin with the Spam thing?
I'm a funuge here so I ain't even gonna ask about peanuts.
Damn the anticipation--------------------------

Sixgun

Al, and a small number, are Spammers, most of the rest aren't.

But Al, leader of the Spam Lovers, and Bigdog, Spokesman for the Spam=**** Campaign, just cannot leave any thread unturned without injecting farking spam into the discussion.

Its getting to be a cats and dogs thing.

Good luck with ole lefty.

stlmike
04-20-2004, 07:35 AM
I guess that it's time for me to weigh in on the spam thing. There isn't too many things better than spam on rye with a slice of tomato, a slice of red onion, topped with a good spicy mustard. A beer goes good with the sandwich as well. Start the day with a breakfast of fried spam and fried potatoes with your eggs. Don't forget the hot sauce. Spam tastes good for dinner right out of the smoker or directly grilled with some carmelized onions.
StL Mike

jt
04-20-2004, 07:38 AM
injecting farking spam

Isn't this the opposite of liposuction? :D

Or does spam really fark? :shock:

Bill-Chicago
04-20-2004, 07:39 AM

Then again, it could be a large number, I don't know.

Left of the Mississippi seems to be the land of mechanically seperated meat products.

racer_81
04-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Spam. The Breakfast of Champions.

Bigdog
04-20-2004, 11:58 AM

Racer,
You got to try smokin a fatty. Once you've tried a fatty, you'll never want to got back to that nasty Spam patty. 8)

BigAl
04-20-2004, 12:00 PM

Then again, it could be a large number, I don't know.

Left of the Mississippi seems to be the land of mechanically seperated meat products. :shock:

Left of the Mississippi works for either side depending if you are facing North or South. :lol:

Injecting SPAM, no need too, it is great just the way it is when grilled. :D

And 6, yep it is the first thing that is eaten up here when I'm grilling and smoking. No leftovers out of three cans the last time I grilled :cry:

Bill-Chicago
04-20-2004, 12:03 PM
I'm glad Phils too busy to read this stuff.

He'd be blowing his top right now (IMO)

I challenge Al.

Can you go for two weeks without mentioning the word Spam?

If you can, you can win some neat parting gifts.

Don Pardo, take it away.

BigAl
04-20-2004, 12:11 PM
I guess that it's time for me to weigh in on the spam thing. There isn't too many things better than spam on rye with a slice of tomato, a slice of red onion, topped with a good spicy mustard. A beer goes good with the sandwich as well. Start the day with a breakfast of fried spam and fried potatoes with your eggs. Don't forget the hot sauce. Spam tastes good for dinner right out of the smoker or directly grilled with some carmelized onions.
StL Mike

Right on :!:

Happy times are,

Bigdog
04-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Al, so much for the nice parting gifts.

Bill, I'm not going to mention the "S" word here.

Back on topic:
Sixgun,
You got to get you one of those fattys to try on you first Q. Almost impossible to ruin, tastes incredible. Do you have a plan yet for the virgin run?

racer_81
04-20-2004, 01:24 PM

Racer,
You got to try smokin a fatty. Once you've tried a fatty, you'll never want to got back to that nasty Spam patty. 8)

Smoked the fatty last weekend (it's in some other thread). Liked it. Like Spam too.

Like pretty much anything bbq'd.

I am not a skinny chef......

:-)

Sixgun
04-20-2004, 02:39 PM
OK, it is with some reservation that I must ask, what's a fatty?

BigAl
04-20-2004, 02:43 PM

The girl I saw in the Bar last night? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bill-Chicago
04-20-2004, 02:55 PM

I think its a Jimmy Dean sausage log

Bigdog
04-20-2004, 03:21 PM

I think its a Jimmy Dean sausage log

That's correct. See Sausage Report for more info.

Bill-Chicago
04-20-2004, 03:28 PM
That's correct. See Sausage Report for more info.

Just don't ask for the plastic chubber

brdbbq
04-20-2004, 04:28 PM

Someone I used to date, a long time ago.

kcquer
04-20-2004, 04:33 PM

A slump buster?

brdbbq
04-20-2004, 04:40 PM

A slump buster?

Coyote Date

Sixgun
04-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Yup we've all seen her!

Anyway I just read the sausage report and now I know what a fatty is, pertaining to BBQ, I mean something to eat, I mean smoked rolls, hell i'm just gettin in deeper and deeper with this one. You know how hard it is to sit here laughin my ass off and pretending to work?

rusold
04-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Bill,

Looks like you flushed out some of the closet "SPAMers" - Bet that wasn't what you expected. My wife's tabasco spam omlet Sunday was hot. :lol:

R

BigAl
04-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Bill just dosn't know what is good for him because he is NUTZed! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigAl
04-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Dreamland and Spam. I cain't wait. Thanks to Bill, my brother!

BigAl
04-22-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey 6.

OK, it is Thursday, did you get your Binkie?

nthole
04-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Doesn't Phil have some filtering software for cuss words? Can't he ad "Spam" to it? :grin:

bbqfreak
04-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Do I smell Spam farts?

BigAl
04-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Doesn't Phil have some filtering software for cuss words? Can't he ad "Canned Meat Product" to it? :grin:

Neil, it is just a moderator once again farking with his ego and his ability to fark with everones post after 8 pm CT. :P

racer_81
04-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Al....the Linguistic Nazis are trying to keep us from saying S P A M .

BigAl
04-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Wait till Mary gets back to crack some NUTZ!

Bill-Chicago
04-23-2004, 07:35 AM
Wait till Mary gets back to crack some NUTZ!

Maybe she's sick of it too.

I would pay to see the look on her face when you asked her.

Sixgun
04-23-2004, 08:29 AM
BigAl, Not yet---It's now Friday morning, We'll see what today has in store.

Sixgun

Bigdog
04-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Yup we've all seen her!

Anyway I just read the sausage report and now I know what a fatty is, pertaining to BBQ, I mean something to eat, I mean smoked rolls, hell i'm just gettin in deeper and deeper with this one. You know how hard it is to sit here laughin my ass off and pretending to work?

Sixgun,
Here's a new quest for you while you're waiting for your smoker: Find a nice jellyroll to put your sausage log in. :twisted:

Sixgun
04-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Ahhhhh,---The eternal Quest.!

BigAl
04-23-2004, 02:37 PM
Still no leftie?

hornbri
04-24-2004, 03:11 PM
where the fark is BigMoFo?

I think his wife is not letting him come out to play.

Wait let me get this back on topic.....The Quest is over right? Can this post die?

Solidkick
04-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Yep this one is dead and has been replaced by the quailty control post.
So the QUEST for a cooker that will COOK has begun!!

BBQchef33
04-25-2004, 09:58 AM
oh sorry.. i am WAY WAY behind in reading and didnt get to the new quest thread.... thats what happens when ya disappear for a week... Im only a few hundred posts behind. TRying to ketchup.

dietmar239
04-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey, I checked on line and the Lowe's near my home (Columbia, MD) doesn't carry the Brinkmann? Can I have it ordered still?

mook
04-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey, I checked on line and the Lowe's near my home (Columbia, MD) doesn't carry the Brinkmann? Can I have it ordered still?dietmar,

First off welcome to the group.

You can order online but they will charge you shipping. I would call your local store and see if they wont order it for you and pick it up locally.

mook

dietmar239
04-27-2004, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the welcome. Someone here keeps giving me the run-around. They're telling me that no Lowes carry them as of present. Should I check with Home Depot?

Bill-Chicago
04-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Anyone got the Lowe's SKU?

Then dietmar can walk in with it and tell the farkers to look in the system

Bill-Chicago
04-27-2004, 12:08 PM
I knew I saw it some where. kc posted this in the first Quest thread

The Lowes Item # for the Brinkmann Smoke King Deluxe 78507.

Diet, go in there with that and tell one of those farkers to punch in that number and see what happens.

Bigdog
04-27-2004, 12:35 PM
I knew I saw it some where. kc posted this in the first Quest thread

The Lowes Item # for the Brinkmann Smoke King Deluxe 78507.

Diet, go in there with that and tell one of those farkers to punch in that number and see what happens.

I would like to punch one of those farkers. I bought a NB door therm. from the Home Depot that is about 30 degrees off. Tried to exchange it for another one, I lost my receipt, and they won't do it. Got to have a farking receipt.

dietmar239
04-27-2004, 03:33 PM
You guys are awesome! I keep getting lazy bums not willing to throw me a bone (rib-bone that is). Should they charge me for shipping? The reason I ask is because the guy I told said they'd have to charge me and then he proceeded to tell me they don't carry em.

Silly Bubba Luvs that Q!
:shock:

Sixgun
04-27-2004, 04:16 PM
diet, I had mine transfered from Denver to the Lowe's in Grand Junction with no shipping charges, 249 for the unit. This is thanks to BigAl spotting them over there and letting me know where they were. I'm thinkin you may have to locate a store that has them on your own and then go in and tell them where they are and to transfer it to your store. It took 4 days for mine. Good luck

Sixgun

dietmar239
05-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to tell you that Silly Bubba won't have to wait long to get his Que. I just bit the bullet and ordered one from Northern Tools this morning. I'm paying for shipment, but everywhere else has them back-ordered and I would have waited a crazy amount of time. They guy told me that they have six Brinkmann's that are expected in sometime around May 18 and five of them are spoken for. Should have some smokin bones in about 2.5 weeks. Thanks for all of your help. Anyone know a good moping recipe?

Silly Bubba Luvs that Que!
:D