PDA

View Full Version : Tanks for Smokers

ChrisChaos
03-08-2010, 01:33 AM
I don't know if this is the place for this.
But if you live in Tennessee, I ran across this guy who sell all types of tanks to make smokers.
http://www.fireart.us/tanks/

He is not too far from me, and beats the price of anything around here anyway.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, just thought this might help some people wanting to build.

Arlin_MacRae
03-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Chris, this is the best place to put this thread - no worries!

From the pricing I've seen on old tanks, his pricing seems pretty good! And what a supply!

Arlin

ChrisChaos
03-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Yea i'm working on trying to trade for him to build me a smoker, and I do his web site. I usually charge 45 an hour design work, so maybe he will work something out with me. As many people building smokers, surely someone wants a professional web site, with google rankings lol

Juggy D Beerman
03-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Used propane tanks can make a great smoker, BUT there is one problem with them. You need to have a professional cut the tank open for you. When you cut open a used propane tank, you are essentially disabling a bomb. More welders have died from cutting open tanks (and this includes unused tanks) with a cutting torch than any other welding process. Even if you use a plasma cutter to cut open used tank, the possibility of igniting leftover gas still exists, no mater how many times the tank has been flushed or sat "empty".

While I am not trying to discourage anybody from building a smoker out of a used tank, I am advocating having someone EXPERIENCED cut the tank open before you start welding.

Lager,

Juggy