PDA

View Full Version : New Accessory

Bill-Chicago
03-30-2004, 10:52 AM
Picked up a new toy to play with at HD.

Porcelain coated 12" Wok Basket. It was like $11 or something.

Hope to grill some veggies like in the picture tomorrow.

parrothead
03-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Dude, I just bought 2 of those Saturday at the hardware store. Great minds shop alike!

Bill-Chicago
03-30-2004, 11:00 AM
I've been wanting one since Mark posted the pics back on the smoked peanut thread

Bigdog
03-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Bill,
That looks like you could roast some peanuts in it...I heard that you could use some of those.

parrothead
03-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Check out what else I found at the hardware store.

parrothead
03-30-2004, 11:06 AM
pics back on the smoked peanut thread

That's why I bought them, but holes are to big for the peanuts after they are roasted. I ended up just using a couple of pans lined with aluminum foil.

Bill-Chicago
03-30-2004, 11:14 AM
I was thinking cashews or macadamia's (sp)

Getting a little tired of peanuts.

Bigdog
03-30-2004, 11:19 AM
I was thinking cashews or macadamia's (sp)

Getting a little tired of peanuts.

Really :shock:

Bill-Chicago
03-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Really

Mark
03-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Smoked almonds are a classic Bill.

I think Dave's got some of them porcelain-coated grill-woks. I think he had problems. If so, maybe you should return them and get the stainless ones from amazon. BTW; no problems at all with hole size of my stainless wok when smoking peanuts.

Bill-Chicago
03-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Mark, I'll still use the porcelain for veggies and such, but might drop a dime on a few from Amazon as well.

That will keep the porcelain one for the gas grill, keep it more smoke free.

kcquer
03-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Did some peanuts 2wks ago, I put them on a 99c "disposable grill topper" from wally world. Aluminum tiny expanded metal. A bit large for peanuts but if you buy better peanuts than I had on hand probably ok. Kinda flimsy but I put it on a cookie sheet to load and carry and slid it onto the smoker shelf.

Bigdog
03-30-2004, 01:12 PM
These type of baskets work well for grilling shrimp...yuuummmmm, shrimp on the barby!

Solidkick
03-30-2004, 04:57 PM
Um, I hate to even post this...before I did the fire grate mod, I used one of these baskets on long bolts to try and get the fire up off the bottom of the bandera. Now I use this set up to set my charcoal chimney in while it heats up. I set it on the bottom shelf of the bandera, under the smoke chamber.

Chimney Mod

cheez
03-31-2004, 12:03 PM
I have two of those grill baskets Use them a lot for fajitas. Slice beef or chicken into strips before cooking and mix with your favorite fajita seasoning. That goes in one wok. The other gets strips of peppers, onions, whatever else you like, seasoned and drizzled with some olive oil, then grill. Also use them for "kabobs" without the skewer. Same idea - chunks of beef, veggies, mushrooms, marinated first (Italian dressing is a good place to start), then grilled. Wife calls 'em "bas-ka-bobs". Cherry or grape tomatoes are great in there too, but they cook way too fast - save them 'til everything else is close to done, then mix 'em in.