PDA

View Full Version : Dr.BBQ,Jamie Oliver and Bubba Grills in Florida? *Pic*

Phubar
02-17-2010, 11:44 AM
A while back I saw the episodes of Jamie's American Road trip where he travels through some cities and learn more about traditional dishes.
Now they are airing these episodes on Dutch tv.
Yesterday was the episode where he entered a BBQ competition in Florida.

The first time saw this episode I was looking for names,logo's,familair faces of Bretheren,thought I saw a Brethren but it wasn't him.
There was a name that I recognized: Bubba Grills
The guy's name was Lonnie.
When I was watching it yesterday for the 2nd time I did saw somebody I know from here:Dr.BBQ
I made a shot of my tv,here they are bringing the pork (butts) to the jury...on the right of him is Pitmaster Barry from Neal's BBQ Georgia (I think) who helped cooking whole hog with Jamie and in front of Dr.BBQ is Jamie himself.

Anyone familiair with somebody mentioned above (except Dr.BBQ)?

For those of you who don't know Jamie Oliver,he's a well respected young Brittish tv cook who does well with the young audience.
If you can get a hold of these episodes please do!!!
In my opinion far better than BBQ Pitmasters allthough the show isn't all about BBQ.

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv96/phubar/DrBBQ.jpg?t=1266428551

ModelMaker
02-17-2010, 11:59 AM
I was tricked into watching Mr. Oliver once under the guise of "The Naked Chef"
first off nowhere did it say he was a guy. Secondly he posses a slightly unmanly lisp
(not that there is anything wrong with that, ala Seinfeldt) and I was already uncomfortable about the naked guy thing.....
So how about it Dr. is he one of the guys or should I set about washing that picture from my minds eye???
Ed
ModelMaker

HUCKS
02-17-2010, 01:14 PM
cooked beside lonnie from bubba grills.you could not ask for a nicer guy.he also builds a good looking cooker

Phubar
02-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Cool to hear Hucks!

Dr_KY
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I watched them all and then again on BBC i Player.

It was a great series and I'm a fan of Jamies specials like Christmas and other road trips. Now if you go to a BBC forum you will find the Brits and most others in and near this island covet these guys like Heston B, Raymond Blonc and that clown Danny that's now on the Food Network. I introduced them to Alton Brown , The Food Network and the welcome isn't as 'warm'.

I think Jamie screwed the pooch at the comp when he started adding the English cheffie touch to everything.He should have let that man rock his pork the way he has for 20 plus years!! Hell Jamie was in Louisiana and took greens then tossed in a blender an poured the goo over grits!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAH Some things just don't translate well. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Alan in Ga
02-17-2010, 03:31 PM
I know Lonnie and the Bubba grills team they cook alot with the GBA. They had a big write up in the local paper when Jamie was in town.

landarc
02-17-2010, 06:17 PM
I have to say, I know of two people with excellent palates that have eaten food prepared by Jamie Oliver and they felt is was very well prepared and tasted great. He may not translate well on t.v., but, apparently his food is no slouch.