PDA

View Full Version : Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe Smoker

Johnny
03-14-2004, 03:12 PM
:mrgreen:

Hi,
Menards carries a smoker similar to the Bandera it's called the Smoke King Deluxe. Do any of you guys own one or are familiar with the unit & have any input on the cooker.

Thanks,
Johnny

kcquer
03-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Johnny, I have a BSKD. Seems to be a 'dera, to me the only real difference I have been able to find is no adjustable grate hangers in the firebox on the brinkmann. I don't know if the new Char Broil Bandera's still have them or not. Some have reported seeing both in some stores maybe someone who has seen both would have more input. BTW welcome and happy smokin'.

midnight
03-16-2004, 08:46 AM
back on topic..... The smoke king is very similar to the dera, but made a little different: it has an adjustable top vent with slits in the sides of the vent for the smoke to come out of instead of straight up out the top. It has a cheaper and much simpler adjustable vents on the fire box door ( I like the dera's better). The SK has what apears to be stainless steel racks, rib racks, and "S" hooks for hanging meat, the dera is porcelain enameled or plain steel. The SK also has a porcelain enameled grill grate that goes on top of the fire box for direct grilling, I don't remember if my dera came with one or not? Then the obvious is the fire box is on the left side not the right.

All in all I would say the SK would make a good smoker ( wouldn't mind having the meat hooks.), but I don't know if I would like the top vent and the fire box door vents, maybe a new type of mod?
At my Menards it is priced at $199.00