PDA

View Full Version : I want to know what you guys think...

tmkshew
02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm 23 years old and I live in Maryland.
I just started smoking really with my new WSM (I couldn't wait for Spring to come around).

It just recently snowed 33in and I thought I should post some pics of my WSM in the snow.

I used two racks of Pork Spare Ribs.
And this Applewood rub that I mixed with about 1/4 bag of light brown sugar.

It seems to be going pretty good. I'll reply to this post with the final results and I'll show you the BBQ sauce I chose to use.
I went with two different kinds.
One spicy and one mild.

This is only my third time using the WSM. It's great and I'm loving it...

and it's only Winter!!

Let me know your guys thoughts on the storm and tips for the WSM 18.5" as well as any other helpful tips. Thanks.

landarc
02-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Good looking ribs, how did the rub workout?

Skidder
02-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I would ease up a bit on the brown sugar unless you like your ribs sweet. Plus the sugar can burn very easy.
Any info you need to know you should be able to find here.
http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve

Mr. Bo
02-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Noticed the door off the WSM. Did you have to keep it off to maintain temps or was it a temporary thing? Just curious with the outside temps probably being pretty cold. Any way, looks great but all that snow makes me love southern Arizona more all the time.

Boshizzle
02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Tasty looking! Snowmageddon who?

tmkshew
02-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Noticed the door off the WSM. Did you have to keep it off to maintain temps or was it a temporary thing? Just curious with the outside temps probably being pretty cold. Any way, looks great but all that snow makes me love southern Arizona more all the time.

just a temporary thing...

picture looked better that way.

tmkshew
02-08-2010, 08:25 PM
it'll be down around 11pm

good timing huh?

anyway, if i don't post the end results tonight,
they will definitely be up in the morning.

everything's going good so far.

tkuehn5410
02-08-2010, 08:33 PM
It looks pretty good to me!

CaptGrumpy
02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Get a Big Green Egg and it won't matter what it is doing outside because it holds the temps without a hinder.
Ditto on the sugar! Rub the ribs with EVOO and then apply the rub and let set for 4-5 hours before submerging into the WSM. This allows the meat to absorb the seasoning.
What's up with all that white crap on your patio???:shock::shock::shock:
It is always BBQ season where I live or wherever I am!:biggrin:

BTW I don't apply sauce to my ribs but if you have to, wait till the end of the smoke so the meat can really absorb some of that delicious smoke!

BRBBQ
02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Food looks good. Don't know about the rest of you but I'm sick of SNOW! I'm sick of this crappy cold weather and snow.

bocephus
02-08-2010, 10:07 PM
looks good gotta say, Im up in cumberland MD, and my parents live in Gaithersburg MD, and got hit hard too, but I think cookin in that much snow is fun. I just cooked a brisket in my 30 inchs of snow.. no real pics cept the UDS smokin away, but it did happen

BobBrisket
02-08-2010, 10:39 PM
THose Grillmates rubs are pretty good. I like the one made for pork. As for the snow...........I want nothing to do with that much snow. LOL!

Ribs looks great too!

shifferem
02-08-2010, 10:47 PM
I have used some of thegrillmates stuff before - never the rubs but some of the other spice combos aare pretty good...

Snow ahh how do I mis thee - well the picture was enogh snow for me this year!

CaptGrumpy
02-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Snow??? Is that what that white crap all over the place was???:shock::shock::shock::shock:
We don't suffer that nuisance here in Sacramento!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dyce51
02-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Great looking ribs!! I always wondered about the Grillmate Rubs...How's the flavor?

snoqualmiesmoker
02-09-2010, 12:57 AM
WOW! That is some serous stuff. Cool you cooked anyway!