PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon Pork Tenderloin

boatnut
02-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Made this recipe tonight. I think it's a keeper. Probably only thing i'd do different would be to microwave bacon a bit before wrapping so it crisped better. pretty darn good!

Bourbon Pork Tenderloin

Method: indirect grilling

1 piece pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons Bourbon whiskey
2 tablespoons of Cold Mountain Rub (see below),
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 slices bacon

Butcher's string

For the Cold Mountain Rub:
1 T. coarse salt (kosher or sea)
1 T. sugar
1 T. freshly ground black pepper
1 T. sweet paprika

For the Glaze:
2 tablespoons salted butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey

1. Make the rub: Place the salt, sugar, pepper, and paprika in a bowl and stir to mix.

2. Make the glaze: Combine the butter, brown sugar, mustard, and whiskey in a saucepan and boil until syrupy, 2 to 3 minutes. Set the glaze aside.

3. Using a very sharp knife, cut the pork almost in half lengthwise through one side (stop about 1 inch from the opposite side). Open the roast up as you would a book. Sprinkle the inside of the roast with 1 tablespoon of the whiskey and let it marinate for 5 minutes. Sprinkle half of the rub over the inside of the roast. Spread the mustard on top with a spatula, then sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the mustard. Sprinkle the remaining whiskey on top of the brown sugar. Fold the roast back together (like closing a book) and sprinkle the remaining rub all over the outside.

4. Cut four 6-inch pieces of butcher's string. Position the pieces of string on the work surface so that they are parallel and roughly 2 inches apart. Place a slice of bacon across the strings so that it is perpendicular to and in the center of them. Set the roast on top of the bacon, positioning its long side parallel to the bacon. Wrap the bacon around the roast then tie each piece of string together around the roast so that they hold the slices of bacon against it.

5. Pre-heat the gas grill to medium. Set the pork in a foil pan or make a pan out of a few pieces of heavy-duty foil. NOTE- i just put it directly on grill with middle burner off (indirect)

6. When ready to cook, place the pork roast on the foil. Cover the grill. Turn the roast every 10 minutes and baste with the glaze. To test for doneness, insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast: The internal temperature should be about 160 degrees F. It should take about 35 to 40 minutes.

Remove from the grill and cover the roast for about 10 minutes before serving.

landarc
02-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Sounds good, I like the choice of bourbon as well