PDA

View Full Version : Cup Cake Thighs Egg Style

Midnight Smoke
02-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks Myron. Always looking for something to try so tonight I made Boneless Thighs. Very Moist and pretty Dang Good!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k66/photolinks/Picture792.jpg

Hot off the Egg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k66/photolinks/Picture799-1.jpg

I can see where this could make a good presentation with a little more effort.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k66/photolinks/Picture817.jpg

The rest was pretty good too.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k66/photolinks/Picture820.jpg

Bevo
02-06-2010, 08:18 PM
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

MilitantSquatter
02-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I like the looks of the non-panned one's better Terry... but I'm sure they both tasted good.

Which did you prefer ?

:confused:

BBQchef33
02-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I liek the real chicken looking ones too.

cupcake chicken is going to lead to chicken flavored cupcakes. :) This of course is not to say i wont eat'em. :))

millsy
02-06-2010, 08:27 PM
They both look good to me

Smoothsmoke
02-06-2010, 08:28 PM

Oh this......

I don't know about you guys, y'all probably think I'm nuts. I have to tell you I am sick of the shows that are put on TV about BBQ, if its not the neelys trying to pass some bulls*it off as BBQ, it some uptight competition where everyone is all stressed out putting an as* load of lettuce around some piece of meat they have manicured and sprayed down with some kind of spritz to make it shine. I am a third generation BBQ guy and all my years I have never done any of this. BBQ to me has always been real, it has been with friends and beer and a stress free environment actually enjoying the art! I don't know, maybe I just don't understand. Anyway thanks for letting me vent, gotta run, Guy whats his name is about to smoke a pork shoulder in the oven.

D0ughB0y
02-06-2010, 08:28 PM
I was under the impression that he poached the chicken long enough for them to get and retain the shape, then it was pulled from the tins.

2LMan
02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Those look great. I have some chicken legs in the fridge now, wondering what to do with them.

bbqbull
02-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I have two serious questions here.
So......is Myrons cupcake round thights considered marking per KCBS rules?
Or is it going to be the normal thing now?

Bevo
02-06-2010, 08:34 PM
I like the looks of the non-panned one's better Terry... but I'm sure they both tasted good.

Which did you prefer ?

:confused:read my other post about BBQ shows and you will know which one I prefer.

Midnight Smoke
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM

I am sure you are an excellent cook. But please do not put me in same category as an "Urban Q'r". I just wanted to try something and had some fun doing it. :cool:

They were both good in their own right. I did 3 different types of seasoning on different Thighs, Cupcake and not. The ones in the pan stood out this time as the were boneless and I watched them pretty close, pulled them right on time, Very Juicy!

I was under the impression that he poached the chicken long enough for them to get and retain the shape, then it was pulled from the tins.

I think you are correct, it was just a spur of the moment thought and did not put a lot of planning into it.

Bacon_99
02-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Did you use tons of butter on the ones in the tin or just cook them on their own with some seasoning?

Midnight Smoke
02-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Did you use tons of butter on the ones in the tin or just cook them on their own with some seasoning?

Just a small slab of butter in each tin and some seasoning. When I 1st put them in the tin they were wall to wall and had to make them fit. Trimmed them up pretty good but left enough fat for flavor.

BBQ Grail
02-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Excellent muffin chicken.

RAYSOR
02-07-2010, 09:32 AM
very nice, thanks for the pics.

Rich Parker
02-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks for sharing Terry!

Some folks have their own definition of Q and can't accept others have their own.

1_T_Scot
02-07-2010, 09:51 AM
They all look great!

Do the ones in Muffin tins taste Grilled or Smoked? I was just thinking if they don't that method could be used in the Oven just as well. Maybe I'll have to try some.

RixCue
02-07-2010, 09:59 AM

[/QUOTE]

When I cooked some like this my wife called them door knob chicken .

Midnight Smoke
02-07-2010, 10:13 AM
They all look great!

Do the ones in Muffin tins taste Grilled or Smoked? I was just thinking if they don't that method could be used in the Oven just as well. Maybe I'll have to try some.

They had somewhat of a smoked taste. I went light on the smoke using Apple. These were cooked at 375º for about 40 minutes. Next time I am going to pull them out of the tins and place on the Grill for about 15 minutes with Sauce.

When I cooked some like this my wife called them door knob chicken .[/QUOTE]

Dang good tasting Doorknobs! :wink:

JD McGee
02-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Good thread Terry...thanks for the comparison. I think I'll stick to the traditional method for now...don't want to freak out the local judges. :cool:

cbagby64
02-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I bet they tasted great. I think I will try something similar for a snack. I might take them out of the pan to finish tho and see if they get more color. Thanks for the pics!

evapman
02-07-2010, 10:33 AM
They all look very good to me and I'm not a big chicken guy. Did the muffin ones have crispy "biteable" skin? That is the toughest thing for me is getting the skin good & chrispy.

Good job, and thanks for posting 8-)

mfdfyrecaptain
02-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know how he has done in Chicken since using that method? That would be interesting bit of info to know.

Midnight Smoke
02-07-2010, 10:47 AM
They all look very good to me and I'm not a big chicken guy. Did the muffin ones have crispy "biteable" skin? That is the toughest thing for me is getting the skin good & chrispy.

Good job, and thanks for posting 8-)

Good question, No the ones in the tins did not have bite thru. The others did. I will be doing these again as my Wife said she like the taste and texture of the meat. Some seasoning on top and moving to the grill should firm up the skin.

mgwerks
02-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Wrap 'em in bacon, Terry! LOL

1_T_Scot
02-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I'll have to try them I like the Idea of finishing on the grill.

SCRedneckBBQ
02-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Looking good!