PDA

View Full Version : Rules on KCBS Site

ModelMaker
02-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I've been trying to find the rules on the KCBS site and can't locate them.
Is it me or did they take em off.
Help.
ModelMaker

PCDoctor_1979
02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Once you are logged in as a member, go to Resources --> Downloads.

BRBBQ
02-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I've been trying to find the rules on the KCBS site and can't locate them.
Is it me or did they take em off.
Help.
ModelMaker
I posted the same question awhile back, on the internet I just typed KCBS rules and found it. I could'nt find them either, I don't know what the secret is.

SirPorkaLot
02-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Once you are logged in as a member, go to Resources --> Downloads.

^^^^ What he said

They are there, I just looked. They are 2009 rules as the BOD has not yet released the 2010 rules. i don't expect any major changes though.

Gene01
02-03-2010, 05:31 PM
The rules should be posted by March 1, 2010, they will actually be voted on this Friday and or Saturday in an all weekend meeting of the new board

BBQchef33
02-03-2010, 05:56 PM
There is always a sticky at the top of this forum pointing to the cooks handbook. The rules are in that thread.

2009 is there.. we await 2010.

HoDeDo
02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
That rules meeting will likely decide if I pay our $50 this year or not :) Can't wait to see the outcome!

ModelMaker
02-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Got em
Thanks,Ed
ModelMaker

Ford
02-04-2010, 10:25 AM
That rules meeting will likely decide if I pay our $50 this year or not :) Can't wait to see the outcome!
I think more than a few people are in the same position. If they implement the chicken rule well I'll see. If they don't allow propane, I'll see, if they make the change that turnin times won't be announced until the cooks meting then I've already signed up for my last contests being Hammond and I will not be a KCBS member after July. FWIW I understand their problem but the wording of the fix isn't doing what they want. I've tried very hard to show them problems with this change in wording. It basically means that at the cook's meeting you can hear theat turn in is now at 4 instead of noon. It's not their intent for the change but according to this rule it is allowed.

BBQchef33
02-04-2010, 10:36 AM
chicken rule???? whats that all about?

Ford
02-04-2010, 10:43 AM
read the agenda. Merl posted it under the For the board section.

Babyboomerboy
02-04-2010, 11:19 AM
read the agenda. Merl posted it under the For the board section.

I looked through the Bull Sheet and on the KCBS web site, I can't find it.

Ford
02-04-2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=213 KCBS homepage bottom left under news. Where it always is.

It's also posted by Merl. It's also in the For The Board section here.

I looked through the Bull Sheet and on the KCBS web site, I can't find it.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
02-04-2010, 11:59 AM

I was gonna ask the same thing!!thanks

Divemaster
02-04-2010, 12:54 PM
I was gonna ask the same thing!!thanks
I was at the rule meeting and the the chicken rule is all about Paul Kirk.

He went on a tirade over how it should be renamed 'Chicken Thighs' since that's all "all" of the cooks turned in.

There was a alot of back and forth and nothing came out at the meeting. Once again, no body wanted it but Paul and it's up for a rule change...

As I've said before, I feel so represented...:evil:

Jorge
02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
I was at the rule meeting and the the chicken rule is all about Paul Kirk.

He went on a tirade over how it should be renamed 'Chicken Thighs' since that's all "all" of the cooks turned in.

There was a alot of back and forth and nothing came out at the meeting. Once again, no body wanted it but Paul and it's up for a rule change...

As I've said before, I feel so represented...:evil:

Did 3/4ths of those present really vote to require both white and dark meat?