PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys Mesquite Hardwood Charcoal

chambersuac
01-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Has any of you tried it? I picked up a few bags for $3.50 while in Texas. Haven't unloaded from the back of the truck yet, so of course, I haven't opened or tried it. Any thoughts on it? Oh, and yes, I do hope it gets hotter than the Dallas Cowboys football team did last week!

D0ughB0y
01-21-2010, 03:31 PM
I hear it gets going pretty good then chokes and dies when you need it most at the end of your cook.

chambersuac
01-21-2010, 03:33 PM
I hear it gets going pretty good then chokes and dies when you need it most at the end of your cook.

As a Cowboys fan, I have to admit...that's funny right there!

1FUNVET
01-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Burns great at first, then a lot of smoldering and smoke and it dies just as you are ready to cook something important.:biggrin::biggrin:

GEAUX SAINTS

landarc
01-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Does it at least come with a cheerleader to distract you from the fail when the charcoal chokes out?

BobBrisket
01-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Compare the fancy bag to the fancy new stadium they play in. Compare the players to the Dense LUMPS inside the bag. I'm still a bit sore about their last game. Can you tell? I say they slap a Number 9 on one of those bags and put it behind the center. Probably perform just as well!! Actually, I heard it was pretty good stuff and someone was buying up bags for like .99 somewhere in Texas I believe.

tubadude
01-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Ask Jerry Jones.....he knows everything! :biggrin:

bbqfans
01-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I'll bet those boys down there have found a bunch of pallets and are bagging up the remains:eek:Check to see if the nails are still there!!!:icon_shy

bbqfans
01-21-2010, 05:24 PM
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp159/bbqfans/avatars/thumbnailCAXMU4HF.jpg

Cast Iron Chef
01-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Has any of you tried it? I picked up a few bags for $3.50 while in Texas. Haven't unloaded from the back of the truck yet, so of course, I haven't opened or tried it. Any thoughts on it? Oh, and yes, I do hope it gets hotter than the Dallas Cowboys football team did last week!

Why would a guy who lives in the state who has the greatest football team of all time even consider anything that says Dallas or Cowboy? I even have a hard time using Plowboys because that's what I call them. Good thing Yardbirds so good.

jack040806
01-21-2010, 05:34 PM
I think you should bbq with it and invite all of the Vikings defensive line over for another bbq, atleast thats the only reason I could think of for why they spent so much time in the cowboys backfield last week.

Sooner21
01-21-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm gonna let everyone else keep jabbin since I don't like the cowboys enough to even trash em. I did buy up about 20 bags of it because it was on sale for $1 a bag. It's made by Nature's which nakedwhiz.com rates it the best mesquite lump. I've used it for a couple steaks and cornish hens so far and really like it.

JediDog
01-21-2010, 08:20 PM

Hahaha now that's some funny stuff right there. (Sorry Cowboy fans).