PDA

View Full Version : New to Site,& New BGE Owner..trying to increase # post

tmarksinc
01-14-2010, 12:18 AM
trying to increase my # post for link to recipe page, but figured I would share my first weeks experience with BGE, man this thing is absolutely incredible LOVE IT!!

I have used it everyday since I got my table in last Wednesday......

1st slow cooked....19 hour cook of Boston Butt @ 225...WOW!

2nd Cooked Spare Ribs/St. Louis Style....BBQ Beans & Corn on the Cob!

3rd Cooked Bacon & Feta Pizza @ 550, family said best pizza they have ever had and I agree

4th Cooked Breakfast Pizza--white sausage & Gravy/Bacon/Eggs & Cheese...

5th Cooked Smoked Sausage was ;)

6th Cooked Double Ground Brisket for Burgers on Cast Iron Grate

7th..Cooked Spatchcock Chicken, Red Potatoes,& Asparugus!

Okay you get the idea I love my BGE!! and needless to say my wife & 2yr old do too!

Just wanted to say thanks for the tips they really helped me while I was researching waiting on my table to come in, I took a couple pics of the breakfast pizza and my new BGE!!

http://tuckermarks.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p1032130846-2.jpg

http://tuckermarks.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p814378125-2.jpg
http://tuckermarks.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p948669230-11.jpg

Phubar
01-14-2010, 05:29 AM
Congratsz on the Egg!
Looking forward to see more pron,thanks for sharing!
Work that Egg!

NorthwestBBQ
01-14-2010, 05:32 AM
Keep up the good work, bro.

Rick's Tropical Delight
01-14-2010, 05:32 AM
*harp music*
you have been assimilated.
:eusa_clap

millsy
01-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Wow,you didn't wast any time seasoning her.Keep it up,the boy's here love pictures.

BBQ Grail
01-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Very nice pictures.

Just a hint on how we work around here. You don't get the link based on post count. You get the link when you are considered a contributing member. Pumping your post count only because you want the recipe link won't make you a contributing member. Just something to consider.

tmarksinc
01-14-2010, 07:57 AM
I appreciate the tip/hint, I was being facetious, & I will definately be a contributing member, as I mentioned love the site and forums! thanks again

RAYSOR
01-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Looks Great!

bbqbull
01-14-2010, 08:33 AM
PM sent!

HumboldtSmokeBBQ
01-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Looking good, and welcome.
The recipes are OK, but the level of information you get from the Brethren blows those away. I can not begin to tell you how much I have learned in these forums.
this is a great group of folks who are really into sharing their experiences.

NeoTrout
01-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Looks good. :icon_cool

starvinmarvin
01-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Very nice stuff - thx for sharing...

TinCup
01-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Great set up! I bought a ceramic grill a few months ago and I can't stop cooking on it either. They are the best thing since sliced bread IMHO.

Jeroen
01-14-2010, 09:20 AM
The egg looks really good with the table, nice krust on your pizza btw.

I've been an egghead for 3+ years and I'm still learning every cook.

tmarksinc
01-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks for all the kind replies I'm excited to be a part of the bbq-brethren family!

Paul B
01-14-2010, 11:39 AM
While you are waiting to get permission to us the link look up a fellow brethernett. She goes by the bbq handle of Cowgirl and has one fantastic blog. Also I think you can goolge at the bottom which just uses this site's forums for any type of reciepe you would like.

JMHO..........

Paul B
SS UDS

tmarksinc
01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
GREAT, thanks for the tips!

landarc
01-14-2010, 11:49 AM
I think what you find here in the Q-talk is where you will find the most and best information on what this site is all about. Amazing knowledge and recipes get posted daily.

Dale in GA
01-14-2010, 12:21 PM
The BGE is really a great product. I have a large BGE that I've had for about 12 years. In that time I've replaced the felt gasket 3 times (last over the holidays). It developed a crack in the fire ring and the potted metal damper that they used to have rusted out (due to my not keeping it covered). The store here in ATL replaced both at no charge.

Bought my first BGE (non-ceramic, medium) refurbished from the original store 23 years ago...it is still going strong at my neighbors house. The only thing that I have added accessory-wise is the ceramic plate setter and a DigiQ-II from BBQ Guru (http://www.thebbqguru.com/).

You will also seem many teams at competitions using BGE's...Pretty versatile and reliable. Just wish they had a trailer/mobile model :grin:

Jay Bird
01-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the Brethren. I have a WSM but am having an attack of BGE envy.

deguerre
01-14-2010, 02:36 PM
I think what you find here in the Q-talk is where you will find the most and best information on what this site is all about. Amazing knowledge and recipes get posted daily.
Yeah, and a bunch are by this guy. (Jealous mod):biggrin:

Bogus Chezz Hawg
01-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Nice photos. With your passion you will fit right in here.

ftwthegger
01-14-2010, 02:48 PM
trying to increase my # post for link to recipe page, but figured I would share my first weeks experience with BGE, man this thing is absolutely incredible LOVE IT!!

I have used it everyday since I got my table in last Wednesday......

1st slow cooked....19 hour cook of Boston Butt @ 225...WOW!

2nd Cooked Spare Ribs/St. Louis Style....BBQ Beans & Corn on the Cob!

3rd Cooked Bacon & Feta Pizza @ 550, family said best pizza they have ever had and I agree

4th Cooked Breakfast Pizza--white sausage & Gravy/Bacon/Eggs & Cheese...

5th Cooked Smoked Sausage was ;)

6th Cooked Double Ground Brisket for Burgers on Cast Iron Grate

7th..Cooked Spatchcock Chicken, Red Potatoes,& Asparugus!

Okay you get the idea I love my BGE!! and needless to say my wife & 2yr old do too!

Just wanted to say thanks for the tips they really helped me while I was researching waiting on my table to come in, I took a couple pics of the breakfast pizza and my new BGE!!

http://tuckermarks.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p1032130846-2.jpg

http://tuckermarks.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p814378125-2.jpg
http://tuckermarks.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p948669230-11.jpg

Welcome!

I'm a BGE and Brethren newbie too and I can guarantee gaining 10lbs after a week of hanging out here! I have loved both my egg and the information everyone provides.

Also, I love your table! Did you build it or have it made? I can't see real well but it looks like a built in cutting board and light?

Again welcome

tmarksinc
01-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Wow I am simply amazed at the replies and warm welcome I have received, thanks to everyone again.

As for the question on the table, I had it built, I've got the guys name & #as well as website if interested, he did an awesome job, it has a custom side shelf, alongwith built in drawer with storage container,and the granite hotplate/cutting board, and he will stain it for you whatever color you want, all that with the shipping for an awesome price....had one little spot damaged in shipping, he built a new top and shipped it yesterday, so the guy is great.

Here is a another pic

http://tuckermarks.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p1067213938-2.jpg

JD McGee
01-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the BBQ Brethren fellow egger...as you have already noticed you'll fit right in with this bunch. Nice lookin' set up you have there...great pics! :biggrin:

I'm originally from McMinnville...just down the road a bit. I still have a slew of family in your neck of the woods too...:cool:

cowgirl
01-14-2010, 04:43 PM
While you are waiting to get permission to us the link look up a fellow brethernett. She goes by the bbq handle of Cowgirl and has one fantastic blog. Also I think you can goolge at the bottom which just uses this site's forums for any type of reciepe you would like.

JMHO..........

Paul B
SS UDS

Wow Paul...That is so kind of you! Thank you! :cool::-D

Welcome to the forum Tmarksinc! Nice to have you aboard. Love the looks of your set up, sounds like you are having a great time with it! :cool::biggrin:

DubSmoke
01-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Looking good, and welcome.
The recipes are OK, but the level of information you get from the Brethren blows those away. I can not begin to tell you how much I have learned in these forums.
this is a great group of folks who are really into sharing their experiences.

i second this statement.. and i believe that recipes are a base point for starting if you either dont have a clue to as what u are doing or just a little unsure, seems like u know what ur doin though. nice pix! and jealous of the BGE, i want one.. so universal

swibirun
01-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the Brethren!

I enjoyed your photos of the Egg in action, especially the one with the afternoon sunlight shining through the top.

Rick's Tropical Delight
01-14-2010, 05:16 PM
there's a recipe section? :shock: i've never been there.

anyway, looks like you'll be posting the recipes in your threads. bring it! :biggrin:

lunchbox
01-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Looks awesome man.

smokinjim
12-29-2011, 07:20 PM
I've been cooking on my egg for a little over two years and agree with Jeroen's post... Always learning!

Groundhog66
12-29-2011, 07:58 PM
I've been cooking on my egg for a little over two years and agree with Jeroen's post... Always learning!

What a coincidence, that's about the same time this thread was created :heh:

tish
12-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Welcome! I absolutely love the table you had built. It's a real beauty! Looking forward to all the pron that'll be coming from that BGE!! :wink:

Groundhog66
12-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Welcome! I absolutely love the table you had built. It's a real beauty! Looking forward to all the pron that'll be coming from that BGE!! :wink:

He's not new anymore, this is a 2 yr old thread.

tortaboy
12-30-2011, 12:23 AM
He's not new anymore, this is a 2 yr old thread.

Long friggin cook!:heh:

tish
12-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Thanks, Tim. Never noticed the date! lol Still like his table though. It is a beauty! :wink: