PDA

View Full Version : Brethren Team Banners and Trailer Stickers

BigJimsBBQ
01-11-2010, 07:03 AM
While watching the Pit Masters TV show, I have seen several Brethren Team Banners and Brethren Stickers on trailers. I understand there is a process for the Teams to apply to order for the Team banners and performed months ago, with no word back after many PMs that were not answered.

I believe that to promote this webpage, it would be a great advertisement tool to have competition Teams support and advertise at thier expense. It just seems this is no longer availible to our site members.

Is this availible anymore?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Big George's BBQ
01-11-2010, 07:57 AM
I was asking about Banners and hats about a year ago. To my knowledge nothing has come of it

BBQ Grail
01-11-2010, 08:21 AM
While watching the Pit Masters TV show, I have seen several Brethren Team Banners and Brethren Stickers on trailers. I understand there is a process for the Teams to apply to order for the Team banners and performed months ago, with no word back after many PMs that were not answered.

I believe that to promote this webpage, it would be a great advertisement tool to have competition Teams support and advertise at thier expense. It just seems this is no longer availible to our site members.

Is this availible anymore?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I was asking about Banners and hats about a year ago. To my knowledge nothing has come of it

Maybe you've already answered your questions. As a 100% volunteer organization many times some of the activities get short changed. Everyone has a full time job in addition to all the other activities they perform here and elsewhere.

Things like banners and hats, which although important to us, just may not be a priority any longer. With over 10,000 members and all the work that goes along with that it's just not possible for our leadership team to have as hands-on of participation as once was true.

Personally, I'd like some new hats. Others would like banners, but the fact of the matter is that there just isn't enough time in the day for everyone to accomplish hats and banners. But it does no good to tell everyone that your PM's aren't being answered or that your want a banner or hat.

We don't need promotion within the competition BBQ world. We have an abundance of comp members who provide important information to our members. What we need is our backyard members to promote us to other backyard members too. Banners and hats don't do that.

Just my two cents worth...

roksmith
01-11-2010, 08:21 AM
I've noticed that the process seems to have hit some sort of road block.
I have a local sign shop that does good work and has a large format banner printer.
I would offer my services to help get the process moving again if it's a time issue and would be of any benefit.

RubMeTender
01-11-2010, 08:41 AM
We don't need promotion within the competition BBQ world. We have an abundance of comp members who provide important information to our members. What we need is our backyard members to promote us to other backyard members too. Banners and hats don't do that.

I've never seen any organization (volunteer or otherwise) that doesnt appreciate some promotion. I think people just want to show pride of being part of something like the BBQ Brethren.

01-11-2010, 08:59 AM
I don't think this is the place to advertise, but I own a sign business and would be willing to help anyone who needs a banner.

FatBoyz
01-11-2010, 09:08 AM
i want one i have been tru\ying to get one for a year... buti am not shure what is happaning with them... tell me what you need to make it ad make me one

3 Rivers BBQ
01-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't think this is the place to advertise, but I own a sign business and would be willing to help anyone who needs a banner.

I would love to talk about purchasing a BBQ Brethren Banner, perhaps something that would fit along one of the 6 ft long tables I use. I don't do many comps, usually 3 or 4 a year, put would love to let folks know that I am a pround Brethren.

Big George's BBQ
01-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Maybe you've already answered your questions. As a 100% volunteer organization many times some of the activities get short changed. Everyone has a full time job in addition to all the other activities they perform here and elsewhere.

Things like banners and hats, which although important to us, just may not be a priority any longer. With over 10,000 members and all the work that goes along with that it's just not possible for our leadership team to have as hands-on of participation as once was true.

Personally, I'd like some new hats. Others would like banners, but the fact of the matter is that there just isn't enough time in the day for everyone to accomplish hats and banners. But it does no good to tell everyone that your PM's aren't being answered or that your want a banner or hat.

Larry I am not complaining nor am I trying to start a prblem I am well aware that people have jobs or are busy trying to find work. I am also very busy. I do appreciate all the hard work that it takes to keep forum running smoothly. Phil and the Mods do an amazing job. I was just putting in a comment. It has been a long time since the idea that banners and hats were going to be available. I just figured it is not be at this time

NeoTrout
01-11-2010, 09:26 AM
What we need is our backyard members to promote us to other backyard members too. Banners and hats don't do that.

I am what you would consider a backyard member and I think hats and banners would help promote the Brethren. People with an interest in BBQ would see and maybe start a conversation. I tell my queing friends about this site always. A few months a go there was a post about new hats being available. That would be cool. I would wear it always. Well...almost. :icon_cool

BigJimsBBQ
01-11-2010, 09:31 AM

No dis-respect meant, just putting the question out to fellow Brethren. I truely respect and appreciate all the efforts that all BBQ Brethren Forums website volunteers put into this site.

Maybe, there is a need to broaden the volunteer base to compensate for the increased member base support, I don't know.

I as a fairly new member simply want to display, with honor, I am part of this Great BBQ Web Based Forum the same as a select few of this Forum has the opportunity to display.

Again, no disrespect to anyone on this Forum is my intent, just raising a question.

Dustaway
01-11-2010, 09:57 AM
For you newer members here is the information you are looking for regarding banners

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24666&highlight=banners (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24666&highlight=banners)

Divemaster
01-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Before anyone goes out and makes a banner or hat or shirt or anything else with our logo on it you should know that it is trademarked, copyrighted, and protected with more than just words (see Jorge's Avatar, it was taken by the last person that tried to use it with out permission)...

Permission needs to be received from Phil prior to any use.

JD McGee
01-11-2010, 11:44 AM
There are a lot of us that are waiting for news on the banners. Last I heard Poob was working on it...but it's not a simple task. I'm sure as soon as he knows something solid he'll let us know. :cool:

MilitantSquatter
01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Guys - Good comments above and appreciate the desire to support.

Phil has plenty on his plate and I know he wants to get to the literally hundreds of requests that has already been sent to him. Part of it was the computer he needed to do th individual artwork faster and the other part is just time to coordinate it all.

Same goes for hats and Greg will let us know when he i ready to undertake endeavor again.

For those that have businesses, to support the production, it's appreciated, but that's the easy part... it's the coordination and need to control the useage of the logo and the work involved.

When it's ready, rest assured a post will be made for all members.

Thanks... we'll close this thread for now.