PDA

View Full Version : New to List

jt
02-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Hello all

Just joined the list today after looking for info on the Bandera. Happened to see one on sale at Walmart last night so I'm going back to get it today (after looking at stuff on the web last night and today).

I was previously considering a horizontal cooker with an offset firebox but the deal on the Bandera is really good. I have to admit the temp ranges/differences listed in the "101" document are a little more than I figured but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Looking forward to everything I can find here to help!

chad
02-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Welcome, JT!

Fasten your seatbelt and hang on. We've got more opinions than Janet has wardrobe malufunctions! There is a lot of information and guidance on this forum. We've got recipes, modifications, hints, tips, bogus observations :D, etc. You name it and we've probably cooked it!

Don't be slow to ask questions - as Bill and I have both stated in the other thread we've got lots of different model cookers represented and we all also grill, deep fry, etc. So keep posting and most of all have fun with your Bandera.

redfishrandy
02-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Welcome Jt.

These guy's on here do help alot make sure you view the modifications they helped a great deal......I was losing more heat than Anna Nikole Smith is losing weight....

Redfish

Solidkick
02-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Welcome JT,

See my comments to your "Considering a Bandera" thread in QTalk.

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1581

Mr. Kick

shock
02-10-2004, 05:44 PM
JT - where about in MO are you?

slat
02-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Hey another MO person. Welcome to the group. Quite a few of us in here from MO.

kcquer
02-18-2004, 03:04 PM
jt, scott here in harrisonville mo just south of kc 30 mins or so. good to see another mo newbie here. what part of the state are you in? just wondering. good smoke and great eats. scott

Solidkick
02-18-2004, 03:18 PM
You know, I see the "Missouri Chapter" succeeding from the Midwest Chapter here real soon! Gentlemen, man your Banderas!

Welcome JT again, and to kcquer, a new face, at least to me. Us midwest boys know how to do Q right! What the hell is mesquite again?

Bill-Chicago
02-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Fine, stay on your side of **** river.

gregs getting a Klose.

<Insert Brians avitar doing raspberries here>

Mark
02-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Missouri IS the midwest chapter, Chicago is kind of like a distant outpost of the midwest chapter.

jt
02-18-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm just north of Columbia and work at MU.

And we have to stay on this side of the river - the stench from the peanut mod clouds up the other side!

Jorge
02-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Welcome jt! You did yourself a favor by registering. I've been a member for less than a month and keep printing pages of stuff to work into my Q. Look forward to hearing about your experiences, and picking up an idea or two for the future.

Solidkick
02-18-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm just north of Columbia and work at MU.

And we have to stay on this side of the river - the stench from the peanut mod clouds up the other side!

Damn Bill, this guy is QUICK! Can you handle TWO of us? LOL
(seriously laughing out loud, wife thinks I've gone bonkers)