PDA

View Full Version : Guy Fieri "Knuckle Sandwich" Knives

MilitantSquatter
12-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Just got my first cooking related Christmas gift from a family member...

Guy Fieri Knuckle Sandwich Series Knives - an 8" Chef and 6" Utility ...

http://www.ergochef.com/guyfieriknives/

Considering many Brethren have seen that I have used some of the dullest knives ever... this is a definite upgrade (yes... even beyond my Miracle Blade knives from two Christmas' ago) and maybe better than the Dexter knive I got at RD last year (that I surprisingly managed to maintain and keep sharp)..

• The blades are precision heat treated to 56RC to keep a great edge
• Patented ergonomic design is created to be an extension of your hand for natural comfort
• Made of high carbon German stainless steel (X50CrMoV15) for stain resistance
• Full tang and abbreviated bolster adds strength and balance
• Hollow ground ovals in blade promote less stick and smoother cuts

Ron_L
12-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Interesting design! Let us know what you think after you have used them for a while.

MilitantSquatter
12-22-2009, 08:44 PM
The handle on th chef's knive has a pulverizer/tenderizer knurling on the end for crushing garlic, meat tenderizing... (see pic below)

Ronelle - You won't want my opinion though...

My old chef's knives doubled as a fly swatter at summer comps... Several Brethen saw me slay several bees flying around after I trimmed my ribs..

I also thought the flexible fruit paring knive from the Chef Tony Miracle Blade was the best knive to trim briskets ever.. ( I still stand by that)...

:icon_blush:

JD McGee
12-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Pretty snazzy...:cool:

NorthwestBBQ
12-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Great looking knives, Vinny!

drbbq
12-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Those are kind of flashy for you Vinny!

landarc
12-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Ron, a few years ago, a chef friend of mine asked me to demo some knives that had an almost idetical handle setup, minus the flashy colors, for a dealer that was thinking of bringing this handle design to market. I found the handles to be quite comfortable, since I use a grip that puts the first two fingers over the blade and the other three around the handle just behind the guard. I felt it gave me a better angle for leverage and control while doing many different cutting jobs. Vinny, I hope you find them to be the same. By comparison, I consider the Alton Angle series from Shun to be a huge miss for me.

JiveTurkey
12-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Keep your head back when using the tenderizer!

Vinny: "Hey guys check this out...."

911: "This is 911 Emergency how can I help you?"

Vinny's Friends: " ***audible laughing**** Uh yea my friend has a knife sticking out of his forehead"

MilitantSquatter
12-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Those are kind of flashy for you Vinny!

Ray... I thought you saw my new Oakley progressive eye/sunglasses where you were in NY ... maybe I had them off when I was cooking...

they match these knives with the red and black trim !!! How farking sad is that !!!

Matching knives and glasses perhaps... but I think we both agree I'm not ready to dare to pull off the cool chef's jacket with flames like you have...

mbshop
12-22-2009, 09:58 PM
wow ! purty snazzy. good for you but a bit much for me though

MilitantSquatter
12-22-2009, 10:06 PM
wow ! purty snazzy. good for you but a bit much for me though

My glasses or the new knives ?? :biggrin:

Bogus Chezz Hawg
12-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Nice looking blades!

Ron_L
12-22-2009, 10:12 PM
My old chef's knives doubled as a fly swatter at summer comps... Several Brethen saw me slay several bees flying around after I trimmed my ribs..

Maybe with the new knife you'll be able to fillet them in mid air! Now THAT would be impressive!

tmcmaster
12-22-2009, 10:17 PM
They look a little too flashy for my taste... how do they cut, is the biggest question...

Phubar
12-23-2009, 12:46 AM
Very nice design!
Would like those in Corvette yellow so that they match my drums...

BobBrisket
12-23-2009, 01:02 AM
Can you shovel snow with those knives???:wink::lol:

smokindorf
12-23-2009, 07:25 AM
I think the knives look nice, but can't keep my eyes off your avatar:wink:.

thedirtman
12-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Let us know what you think of them.
Todd

JamesTX
12-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Those knives look like they were licensed by the Houston Texans. Is that going to fly up in Giants country?

Muzzlebrake
12-23-2009, 09:36 AM
do you wear those glasses on your face or back of your head?

Sledneck
12-23-2009, 10:11 AM
If the shoe fits......