PDA

View Full Version : Puerto Rico Advice please

1_T_Scot
11-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi all I'm going to be in Puerto Rico for a few days in January. We are staying in San Juan.

Are there any Non chain resteraunts I should go to?

Any Good BBQ places?

And My wife would like to know if she can get Diet Mountain Dew? We are going on a Scuba trip and they don't provide carbonated beverages.

Thanks in advance.

rookiedad
11-30-2009, 12:48 PM
try to visit culebra when you go!

luv2q
12-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Culebra is were I spent my honeymoon. You have to check it out. It has a great whole hog.

1fastf7
12-02-2009, 05:36 PM
i know theres alot of road side whole hog roasters along the highway heading to fajardo..i just dont know what if any health regulations they may have..alot of the good eateries dont look like much,but have some pretty tasty food..i like the pork & chicken mofungo..

Redheart
12-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I know this is gonna be a little out there ... and damn if I can remember the name but there is a little Turkish restaurant on Calle Del Recinto Sur in Old San Juan. There is also a Morton at the Hilton if you don't want to eat local. You can stop just about anywhere for local empanadas that are to die for. If you do go Turkish I highly recommend a Doner Kabob.

1_T_Scot
12-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Cool thanks guys I'll try some of the Whole Hog if I can convince my wife. I travel for buisness around the world and have realized the US has way to many rules about road side vending.