PDA

View Full Version : Final T-Day Pics from Yesterday...

BobBrisket
11-28-2009, 11:10 PM
The menu was cut down as my uncle from PHX could not make it afterall. We substituted chicken for turkey and had the pulled pork as well as other sides. I didn't get a pic of my first plate, this plate was seconds!:shock: I'm still stuffed.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg238/bobbrisket/ArmendarizT-Day09015.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg238/bobbrisket/ArmendarizT-Day09024.jpg

Phubar
11-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Killer plate right there Bobby Brother!!!

Mark Stanton
11-28-2009, 11:44 PM
It all looks really great. I'm still stuffed too!

Captain Dave
11-29-2009, 05:16 AM
Nice lookin sides! Got recipes?

big brother smoke
11-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Dam bro you ate two of those?

thirdeye
11-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I was wondering when your T-Day post would show up. That looks great.

roxikitties7
11-29-2009, 11:04 AM
look great

deguerre
11-29-2009, 12:13 PM
SECOND plate?!? Had to be good! I'd hit it! Recipe for the corn and bean dishes?

landarc
11-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Good looking over-eating there Bob.

Rich Parker
11-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Awesome! That pepper is a great addition.

BobBrisket
11-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Nice lookin sides! Got recipes?
Beans were my aunts. Cactus salad my uncle's. Macaroni my mom's. Grilled veggie salad my dad's. We cut the menu back as my dad's younger bro from PHX could not make it. His two girls came down with H1N1. Last I heard they were doing better. Therefore the brisket and shrimp cocktail, ham, shroom soup etc were cut out.

Dam bro you ate two of those?

Damn straight. I hold no punches at Thanksgiving. I'm a "seconds" guy on this one day only. Plus, it was too freaking good to only eat once!:-D

SECOND plate?!? Had to be good! I'd hit it! Recipe for the corn and bean dishes?
Beans.....no recipe. My aunts dish. Had the basics, chorizo, bacon, ham, onion, garlic, green chile......but, I don't think she sauteed the meats and onion. So the kinda broke up in the boil. IMO, needed way more heat too. The long green pep's were mild, my dad's batch usually has a few japs in it. Long story, but they all try to take down my dad's beans, but none of them come close. My dad's charro beans are a meal all on their own and have a thick, soupy texture.
The grilled veggie salad.....I helped my dad grill that up. Basically, 8 ears of corn, about 6 Italian, 6 Mexican squash, 2 red and yellow bells, and one red onion and about 5 Cubanelle type peppers. He hit em with EVOO, S and P and I grilled them up to get marks on em but kept em with some snap and bite. From there, her sliced and diced em and did a final drizzle of EVOO, garlic powder and some ciliantro and a squeeze of lime. GOOD STUFF!
Thanks.

BOB

cowgirl
11-29-2009, 11:15 PM
It all looks fantastic Bob! Let me know if your family feels like adopting an okie. :-D

BobBrisket
11-29-2009, 11:38 PM
It all looks fantastic Bob! Let me know if your family feels like adopting an okie. :-D

But of course, Jeanie! Anytime. You'd fit right in.:wink: Matter of fact, we love to learn a thing of two or three or four etc from you you!