PDA

View Full Version : New for 2010

smokinit
11-19-2009, 10:37 AM
We will be adding a wood fired pizza oven to our are arsenal. It will be mounted to our trailer and will be offered at our vending site a few days a week as well as the fairs and festival we do. We will also have a separate catering menu for make your own at home pizza parties and you will be able to add them into any of our other menus. The market is wide open around here and it looks like it should have very good potential. I can see me getting just as addicted to this man is the wife going to be ticked:biggrin:

Jeff Hughes
11-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Which one did you buy?

big brother smoke
11-21-2009, 11:22 PM
BBQ Bretheren rule. Section 1: paragraph #1 = No pics did not happen!:rolleyes:

swamprb
11-21-2009, 11:34 PM
That is so cool! Can't wait to see pics of your setup!
I took a class and this guy came in and showed us the fine points on a Wood-Stone commercial oven. www.infernocatering.com He's set up in an enclosed trailer and uses Apple wood.

I love watching these guys in action at some of the Farmers markets in the Seattle area-great pies too! http://veracipizza.com/cateringoverview.html

Norcoredneck
11-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Nice 'Fantasy Pizza oven" No pics, .....

smokinit
11-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Hey did you not read coming 2010 I believe it's 2009 still:biggrin:. I will be getting a Forno Bravo not sure which model yet. There is lots and I mean lots of practice when it comes so pics will be plentiful.

tmcmaster
11-23-2009, 12:31 AM
Congrats! Looking forward to the pictures... ummm... next year...

JD McGee
11-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Here are a few pics of trailer mounted catering ovens from the Forno Bravo site...:-P I can see how these would be very marketable! :cool: http://www.fornobravo.com/catering_pizza_oven/caterer_1.html

smokinit
11-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Here are a few pics of trailer mounted catering ovens from the Forno Bravo site...:-P I can see how these would be very marketable! :cool: http://www.fornobravo.com/catering_pizza_oven/caterer_1.html

Ya they are sweet at that but I am not at that level yet. I will make my own stand and attach it to my smoker trailer for now. Can't wait I love new toys.

swamprb
11-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Ya they are sweet at that but I am not at that level yet. I will make my own stand and attach it to my smoker trailer for now. Can't wait I love new toys.

What about the dough, will it be made onsite?

smokinit
11-23-2009, 01:10 PM
What about the dough, will it be made onsite?

Not sure whether I will make my own or look into Trader Joes premade and see if it is usable for this style of pizza.

early mornin' smokin'
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM
smokin it, those things are farking awesome!!! Id only buy a precast, my friends are masons, everyone they've built, both for themselves and others have fallen apart. As far as dough goes, id just get it from a local pizzeria, a lot fresher than trader joes, and prob a whole bunch cheaper if you're gonna buy in some sorta bulk.

JD McGee
11-23-2009, 06:48 PM
I use Papa Murphy's pre-made doughs all the time...good stuff! :-P

Tinybud
12-07-2009, 09:01 PM
We picked up a comstock castle natural gas pizza oven that we are installing inside our catering/vending truck, picked it up for 100 bucks, converted it to propane, It cooks at 650 degrees,, I know the wood fired ovens get hotter, but we've been using Rich's dough balls, available at Restaurant Depot and U.S. Foodservice, the come in 9oz,12oz,and 16oz, and they work great for us, have a nice taste and texture. Also been using whole milk, low misture mozzeralla cheese and Mahgrehita pepperoni. Also making bbq pizza with bbq sauce pulled pork or brisket with smoke mozzerrella. Good luck with the wood fired oven, that would be what I want next.