PDA

View Full Version : I could use some fattie help please.

cowgirl
11-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Has anyone ever made stuffed fatties in advance, then wrapped and kept them in the freezer til needed?
Would I just thaw them and then smoke em?

Or would it be better to smoke the fatties in advance and freeze the smoked fatties?

Thank you for any advice!

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Do it all the time! Works great!

I let them sit in the fridge for a day or two to thaw and then on they go...

If I have leftovers (yea, right) I slice and freeze them.

I can't believe that I got to give Cowgirl advice!!!! Gotta mark this day on my calendar!

deguerre
11-18-2009, 10:33 AM
I can't believe that I got to give Cowgirl advice!!!! Gotta mark this day on my calendar!
No kidding! And on fatties at that.

cowgirl
11-18-2009, 10:37 AM
lol I appreciate the help! (......and I need help more often that not. lol)

I have company coming for deer season and want to get some things ready before they get here.

Any other make-in-advance ideas?

I'll need to make breakfasts, lunches and dinners for about 5 days.

Smokey Al Gold
11-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Yup just thaw and smoke!

Phubar
11-18-2009, 10:46 AM
I've done it both ways and worked for me!

Sledneck
11-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Do you have a foodsaver?

smknhotmama
11-18-2009, 11:11 AM
After seeing your Canadian bacon thread...I can't imagine you need any help with breakfast ideas girly!!!

side note: when I saw this thread it was on the main page and couldn't tell who started it. My first though after seeing the title is, "Go ask Cowgirl".
Hmmmm guess that won’t work.

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Any other make-in-advance ideas?

I'll need to make breakfasts, lunches and dinners for about 5 days.

There are tons of things you can prepare and then freeze… I know that you don’t have a Cryo-Sucker, but for the short term, you could use a Ziploc type bag but try and get as much air out before freezing.

ABT’s:
I normally prepare up to 30 dozen ABT’s at a shot and then freeze them. Now mine are normally used as appetizers so I quarter the peppers so they are only a single bite (ok, sometimes two bites). The key is to wrap them length wise with a half slice of bacon so it seals in the cream cheese mix (cream cheese & ground pepperoni). Also make sure that the beginning and end of the bacon overlap under the pepper so you don’t have to pin them with a toothpick. I then put them on a baking sheet and freeze them. Once frozen, I cryo-suck them in packages of 1 and 2 dozen. To cook them, I put them (still frozen) on a pizza pan (you know, the one with holes to let the grease drain) and put them (still frozen) on the cooker… They take a couple of minutes longer but seem to hold their shape better.

MOIK Balls:
Same rules as above; wrap each meat ball with a half slice of bacon, season with your favorite rub and freeze them on a sheet pan then cryo-suck them. For cooking follow the same rules for cooking the ABT’s

Smoked Chili:
I always have smoked chuck roast in my freezer; it’s one of my ‘Go-To’ meats. Cube the previously smoked beef (or dear) roast and add it to the remaining ingredients for your favorite chili in a dutch oven. I then put the dutch oven on my BGE and smoke it for 3 to 4 hours at 250*. You get a hint of the smoke and a fresh pot of chili all in one!

Fatties:
If you are worried about time, cook the fatties before hand and freeze them already sliced. Cook the fattie and chill it in the fridge, then slice it, cryo-suck it in a single layer, and freeze it. Let them thaw over night and then fry them like a sausage patty. My family likes the ones either stuffed with sautéed onions, garlic, and cheddar cheese or Feta, Calmata (sp?) Olives, garlic, marinated bell peppers and spinach. The other thing you can do is a plain fattie for Biscuits and Gravy but know that you are going to have to cube it because it’s not going to crumble.

Pre-Smoked Pork Butt:
Pork butt freezes far better than almost any other cooked meat. If I recall one of the guys made ‘Pulled Pork Sliders’ by heating up the pork, loading the sandwiches, wrapping them (as a group) in plastic wrap, and them keeping them in a pre-heated cooler.

That’s just a few, if I think of any thing else, I let you know!

(This is SUCH a banner day!!!!!!)

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
I just thought of anther one…

Enchilada’s…
I’ve made up half hotel pans of them and frozen them (with out the sauce). When you are ready, thaw them over night (or longer) in the fridge, add your sauce, some shredded cheese, and bake in a 350* oven for like a half hour to 45 minutes (you want the cheese melted). This is another one where the smoked chuck roast comes in handy but you can also use some chicken dark meat.

PM me if you want me to send you BrisketBob’s secret chili sauce recipe. I like it because I can it in mason jars and keep it on the shelf. Oh, and I’ll talk to Bob about giving you the recipe or you can just bat those lovely eyes at him and watch him melt like I do.

Rich Parker
11-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I freeze them first and most of the time I don't even wait for them to thaw before throwing them on the smoker. Still good to me.

cowgirl
11-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Wow... Great ideas!! Thank you so much!!

I have the chipotle/garlic pulled pork in the freezer. I bet I could make sandwiches or enchiladas or chili with that!

Thursday, I'll be making Thanksgiving dinner and cooking a pig on Saturday, so those days I need something for breakfasts and snacks. Frozen moinks and abts would be wonderful!! Save me a lot of time and extra work.
That leaves meals for Tuesday, Wednesday, breakfast Thursday, Friday, breakfast Saturday, and Sunday.

Sledneck I have one of those little hand held vacuum sealers. :-D

Breakfasts are always the hardest for me.... we seem to stay up way too late visiting and getting up early to cook breakfast is a challenge. :shock::biggrin:

I'll make a few fatties, slice and freeze them. Thank you so much!

I do owe ya Jeff. :wink:
I'd love to have Bob's recipe if he's willing to share.

cowgirl
11-18-2009, 11:59 AM
I freeze them first and most of the time I don't even wait for them to thaw before throwing them on the smoker. Still good to me.

Rich that's good to know.. It would save lots of time. Thanks!

chambersuac
11-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Jeff, what's a MOIK ball? :)
Jeanie, have fun with your guests. Hope you get a good deer harvest!

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Jeff, what's a MOIK ball? :)
Dan, ya know nobody likes a smart a$$ pastor... lol... Add yet another question to the list.....

chambersuac
11-18-2009, 01:31 PM
I love you, too, Jeff!

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Jeanie,

With all this eating, when are they going to have time to hunt?

Smoke & Beers
11-18-2009, 02:00 PM
I've frozen stuffed fatties before, then thawed and smoked...but it seems they tend to fall apart easier and don't hold together well on the smoker...anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 02:13 PM
I've frozen stuffed fatties before, then thawed and smoked...but it seems they tend to fall apart easier and don't hold together well on the smoker...anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
How do you package them for the freezer? I roll mine in plastic wrap and then tie knots in the ends right up against the meat. I mean I spin the end so it is really making it tight and then an over hand knot.

Been doing this for years and never had a problem...

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Ok, let’s see what I can come up with… As I see it, you need six breakfasts, four lunches, and four dinners… I want to note now that I have not included any of that green stuff unless it pertained to the theme of the meal…

Tuesday
Breakfast
Canadian Bacon, Hash Browns, Scrambled Eggs, Toast

Lunch
Smoked Bologna sandwiches

Dinner
Chili

Wednesday
Breakfast
Sliced Stuffed Fatties on Biscuits
I’m thinking the tube type of biscuits so you don’t have to get up so early and you can warm the stuffed fatties in the microwave.

Lunch
Pulled Pork Sliders

Dinner
Chicken Enchilada’s with a Mexican Side Salad
(Did I just say 'Salad'?!?!? Now I have to wash my mouth out!)

Thursday
Breakfast
Biscuits and Gravy
I’m thinking that you are going to want something a little hearty to carry them over to your turkey dinner.

Supper
Turkey with all the fixings

Friday
Breakfast
Fried Fattie, Hash Browns, Eggs, Toast
I would go with either plane or a different stuffing on the fattie (just to show off a bit).

Lunch
Chili and Turkey Sandwiches

Dinner
Home grown Shrimp Stir Fry
This is another one that you can prepare all of the vegetables up to a week before and just have them ‘magically appear’

Saturday
Breakfast
Breakfast Burrito’s
I would have all of the vegetables already diced up way ahead of time. I would also pre-fry the bacon crispy so that it to could be included in the burrito rather than on the side. If you do it right, all you have to do is scramble the eggs.

Supper
Roast Pig with all the fixings
(and I’m waiting for my invite!)

Sunday
Back to the Sliced Stuffed Fatties on Biscuits.
The reason I’m repeating this one is that if your guests want/need to get on the road early, this is something they can take with them.

Lunch
Homemade Hot and Cold Sandwiches.
This would include more of your smoked Bologna, Cold Smoked Cheese, salami, left over hot turkey (open face with gravy is my favorite), and hot pulled pork.

Dinner
You’re on your own… I’m running out of ideas

Bentley
11-18-2009, 03:06 PM
A real simple breakfast I make is like a casserol. Take 9x13 baking dish, or as large as you need.

Fry up some sausage and bacon, add prepackaged hash browns, add favorite cheese. Mix, put in pan and cover with beaten eggs. Fill egg mix almost to top. Bake at 350 for about 45-hour till the eggs set. last 10 mints you can add more cheese to top. It is hearty, can add just about any meat you want. Can be served plain or with gravy. Simple!

KnucklHed BBQ
11-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Wednesday
Breakfast
I’m thinking the tube type of biscuits so you don’t have to get up so early and you can warm the stuffed fatties in the microwave.

Biscuits are another item that freeze well and thaw quickly when needed! We wouldn't want CG to get the reputation of using prepackaged run-of-the-mill type ingredients in her meals, would we? =)

Jeanie! Don't forget to grab some Spring roll wrappers @ the store (are those pre-packaged??) :biggrin: and wrap up some of that pig with slaw (none of that mayonaise laiden slop though, godda have the sweet & tangy carolina style) and fry them in the cast iron over the fire - great appetizers! YUM!!!

bbqfans
11-18-2009, 03:13 PM
I have done it both ways and prefer the make-wrap-freeze and thaw method.
Take em out the night before. It gives me time to think about what I want to stuff with,and get IT prepped.
Have fun and,
SMOKE HAPPY
Stan aka Old School :)-

P.S.
post your pic! All your fans want to know???

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 03:17 PM
I think this is the first time I've seen so many guys admit that 'They do it both ways'...

Going to my room now...

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 03:21 PM
OK, I'm Back...

Wednesday
Breakfast

Biscuits are another item that freeze well and thaw quickly when needed! We wouldn't want CG to get the reputation of using prepackaged run-of-the-mill type ingredients in her meals, would we? =)
I stand corrected... I've just never had that much luck with frozen biscuits... How are you thawing them. Do you just put them into an oven frozen?

Jeanie! Don't forget to grab some Spring roll wrappers @ the store (are those pre-packaged??) :biggrin: and wrap up some of that pig with slaw (none of that mayonaise laiden slop though, godda have the sweet & tangy carolina style) and fry them in the cast iron over the fire - great appetizers! YUM!!!
Now that's a great idea!

Greendriver
11-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Breakfasts are always the hardest for me.... we seem to stay up way too late visiting and getting up early to cook breakfast is a challenge. :shock::biggrin:

I found this one just for you, it would be a good choice for one of your breakfast meals.
As for fatties, I never froze fatties b4 or after cooking em cuz they is usually gone, but my vote is fer cooking em then freezin. Here's the recipe and I like it.

Oven-Poached Eggs in Spinach Nests

This one-dish meal is packed with low-fat protein and gives your guests a head start on their daily veggie quota.

Ingredients Spinach Nests
Cooking spray
3 eggs
1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
1 pound lowfat small-curd cottage cheese
4 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Eggs
8 large eggs
1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Swiss or
Parmesan cheese
4 English muffins, split and toasted
1⁄2 cup slivered red bell pepper, optional
1⁄2 cup slivered onion, optional

Instructions 1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. To prepare the spinach nests, combine eggs, flour and cottage cheese; whisk well. Add spinach, salt and pepper; stir well. (This can be done up to 2 days ahead). Press mixture into prepared dish. Make 8 indentations with the back of a spoon (where the eggs will later be placed). Bake 25 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and using a spoon, hollow the nests out even more deeply. Break an egg into each indentation. Bake 15 minutes or until whites are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 minute.
4. Place 1 egg and spinach nest on English muffin half. Garnish with slivered red pepper and onion, if desired.
Serves 8.

BobBrisket
11-18-2009, 03:33 PM
PM me if you want me to send you BrisketBob’s secret chili sauce recipe. I like it because I can it in mason jars and keep it on the shelf. Oh, and I’ll talk to Bob about giving you the recipe or you can just bat those lovely eyes at him and watch him melt like I do.

You melter, you!!:-D

I do owe ya Jeff. :wink:
I'd love to have Bob's recipe if he's willing to share.

Okay, now I'm meltin!! By all means, share the recipe at will. The good thing about it, is that is a base red chile sauce so you can jazz it up or down from there. Hope you and your guests enjoy it, if it works out.

chambersuac
11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Okay, I can't believe I'm about to give a recipe to Jeanie, but here's a quick, easy, and tasty recipe for breakfast. I usually add hot sauce, too.
Ingredients:
Canned Crescent Rolls
Scrambled Eggs
Crumbled Fatty (I use non-stuffed, but you could use a stuffed one, I think)
Greased Lg. Muffin Pan

Unroll Crescent Dough (it should come out as several triangles, attached in one large roll)
Remove TWO dough pieces still attached, forming a square instead of a triangle.
Fill each hole of muffin pan with dough squared (making a cup inside)
Fill each dough cup with mixture of scrambled eggs and fatty
Bake in oven according to directions on Crescent Roll can (or until the crust is golden brown)
Remove muffins from oven, let stand a couple of minutes and remove from pan.
Serve and enjoy

Desert Dweller
11-18-2009, 03:53 PM

They are very easy to unwrap when they are frozen. The meat does not stick to the wrapper then. I read a thread once where someone was saying that they never stuff a fatty, just bring the JD chub home from the store, freeze it, and when ready, cut the plastic of the chub longways, and the fatty just falls out...

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 03:55 PM
They are very easy to unwrap when they are frozen. The meat does not stick to the wrapper then. I read a thread once where someone was saying that they never stuff a fatty, just bring the JD chub home from the store, freeze it, and when ready, cut the plastic of the chub longways, and the fatty just falls out...
That's how I do my plane ones... No Muss, No Fuss... I just roll the 'Chub' in some rub and on it goes...

smoke-n-my-i's
11-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Has anyone ever made stuffed fatties in advance, then wrapped and kept them in the freezer til needed?
Would I just thaw them and then smoke em?

Or would it be better to smoke the fatties in advance and freeze the smoked fatties?

Thank you for any advice!

YES

Also, try a 3bean casserole... or add an extra type of beans to make it a 4bean or 5 bean.

Here is an easy one:
1-12 oz can green beans
1-12 oz can yellow wax beans
1-12 oz can red kidney beans
1 cup vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sliced/chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced/chopped bell pepper
we add:
1-12 oz can garbonzo beans
1-12 oz can black beans
you can add navy beans or any other type if you want to or substitute one for another.
If you want a little kick, chop up a jalepeno pepper.

How abt a meat loaf, just freeze and warm in the oven when ready, along with baked potato and ??? for a veggie.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7193/batgirlan.th.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/batgirlan.jpg/)

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I had forgotten about meatloaf! We usually make up 3 or 4 wrap in frezer paper and freeze. Start them out frozen in a 350* oven for an hour and a half and it's brown gravy time.

Damn, now I'm hungry again!

Norcoredneck
11-18-2009, 04:46 PM
I could use some fattie help please.

You need Bubba for something?:biggrin:

cowgirl
11-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Dang! I knew I could count on my Brethren family to help me out. So many great ideas and recipes!! I owe you all big time! :cool:

Jeanie,

With all this eating, when are they going to have time to hunt?

They guys come and go all day...... we women sit at the dining room table and shoot anything that we see from the window. lol Last year I got a nice buck from the front porch.
After company leaves I'll be able to get out to hunt more.

Thank you all again... I appreciate the help!!

lol I've got an outfit just like that Smoke-n-my-i's... :biggrin:

Norco.... lol!

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-18-2009, 04:58 PM
i'd like to see you make a big ole skillet of boat eggs. :biggrin:

cowgirl
11-18-2009, 05:04 PM
i'd like to see you make a big ole skillet of boat eggs. :biggrin:

What are boat eggs?

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-18-2009, 05:10 PM
boat eggs (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=591541&postcount=22)

cowgirl
11-18-2009, 05:13 PM
boat eggs (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=591541&postcount=22)

You know, that sounds just like the filling I use for breakfast burritos! Sounds very tasty Rick, thanks!!!
:cool:

Redheart
11-18-2009, 05:15 PM
What are boat eggs?
Not sure if this is what Rick meant, but when we were kids my dad used to make what he called egg boats. Essentially French bread cut on the diagonal with a hole about the size of an egg yolk. Prep the bread as in Texas Toast, drop onto a skillet or griddle and brown one side, turn over. Crack an egg and drop it down the hole, drop a cover on top and steam/baste/poach the egg until it is done to your liking.

Another great make ahead and freeze recipe is the Cracker Barrel Hash Browns Casserole. I make it once a month or so and I serve it up when I want it. It works with any meal.

SERVES 10 -12

2 lbs frozen hash browns (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/hash-browns-552)
1/2 cup margarine (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/margarine-421) or butter (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/butter-141), melted
1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/sour-cream-147)
1/2 cup onion (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/onion-148), peeled and chopped
2 cups cheddar cheese (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/cheddar-cheese-564), grated
1 teaspoon salt (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/salt-359)
1/4 teaspoon pepper (http://www.recipezaar.com/library/pepper-337)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.

Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top.

Best of luck on the hunt. I know you need no luck with the food!

Redheart
11-18-2009, 05:18 PM

Gotta admit Rick's Boat Eggs have a bit more zing than mine :wink: ...
Gonna have to give them a try :eusa_clap

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-18-2009, 05:22 PM

:biggrin: i've been making boat eggs for years. it's meant to be easy with few ingredients and can be made on top of a cooler with a white gas backpacking burner and a skillet at a nascar race.

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-18-2009, 05:24 PM
You know, that sounds just like the filling I use for breakfast burritos! Sounds very tasty Rick, thanks!!!
:cool:

yes, ma'am. boat eggs would make a great burrito stuffing.

deguerre
11-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Me too, I've got that recipe saved to favorites.
Jeanie, sorry I have no recipe for you. Quite frankly, your cooking skills scare the beejesus outta me!:shock:

cowgirl
11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Me too, I've got that recipe saved to favorites.
Jeanie, sorry I have no recipe for you. Quite frankly, your cooking skills scare the beejesus outta me!:shock:

lol Guerry, you made me spit my drink out! :biggrin: My cooking can be scary at times but I'm pretty easy going. :biggrin:

Redheart, great looking recipe too! Thank you!:wink:

Paulmark
11-18-2009, 05:45 PM
"we women sit at the dining room table and shoot anything that we see from the window".

LOL...good to know

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 05:47 PM
"we women sit at the dining room table and shoot anything that we see from the window".

LOL...good to know
Not that I doubt Jeanie's eye sight, but I'd be staying away from her place that week....

Rick's Tropical Delight
11-18-2009, 05:52 PM

LOL...good to know

did you picture them all wearing coonskin hats too?! :biggrin:

Paulmark
11-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Not that I doubt Jeanie's eye sight, but I'd be staying away from her place that week....
:lol::lol::lol:

cowgirl
11-18-2009, 05:53 PM

LOL...good to know

LOL Just don't wear antlers and you'll be fine! :lol:

Rich Parker
11-18-2009, 06:34 PM

That's how I do my plane ones... No Muss, No Fuss... I just roll the 'Chub' in some rub and on it goes...

Definitely my favorite way! Don't have to worry about the sausage flopping around. I think it also keeps them together on the smoker better.

cowgirl
11-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Definitely my favorite way! Don't have to worry about the sausage flopping around. I think it also keeps them together on the smoker better.

You think I could make several stuffed ones, freeze them and just put them in my drum frozen?

Kevin
11-18-2009, 06:42 PM
You think I could make several stuffed ones, freeze them and just put them in my drum frozen?

Don't see why not. The sausage on the outside it all that needs to be cooked. The stuffing just needs to be warmed. Should work fine at low pit temps of 225 / 250 or so.

Divemaster
11-18-2009, 07:00 PM

Don't see why not. The sausage on the outside it all that needs to be cooked. The stuffing just needs to be warmed. Should work fine at low pit temps of 225 / 250 or so.
I agree...

Just one thing, I would cook any vegetables prior to stuffing them. Starting them out frozen you may find that by the time the sausage is cooked, any vege's might be under cooked....

KnucklHed BBQ
11-19-2009, 09:20 AM
OK, I'm Back...

I stand corrected... I've just never had that much luck with frozen biscuits... How are you thawing them. Do you just put them into an oven frozen?

prolly should have clarified a bit... I cook the biscuits first, then freeze em' in a large ziplock. To defrost I remove them from the bag and allow to thaw a bit out in the open, otherwise they can get a bit soggy from condensation. You can reheat in the oven for a bit to allow them to come back to life. Now, don't get me wrong, these aren't going to be just like you baked em' fresh, but for something like biscuits & gravy, they work perfect.

I find that a biscuit with more fat cut into it makes for a better reheated biscuit too, the fat keeps it from soggin' up too much. I bet you could prolly cook em 3/4 of the way, freeze and toss back into the oven for the final crisp up...

BBQ spring rolls are killer! It's a good way to keep up the 7 day meat cleanse if you're tiring of the pulled pork sammies!

Divemaster
11-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks bro!

I'll give the frozen biscuits a try. I'll also try adding a bit more fat when I mke them..

I'm still going to try those spring rolls. They do sound killer!

cowgirl
11-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Thank you Kevin!
Thanks for the biscuit info Knucklhed, anything that will save me time in the morning is good. :)

Jeff.. I owe ya. :wink:

I'll get started with some of this stuff and freeze it for deer season. :cool:

Divemaster
11-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Not a problem, I've got your back....:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

BlkJeep
11-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I'll get started with some of this stuff and freeze it for deer season. :cool:[/QUOTE]

When does season start out there? And I like the idea of making these and storing for a lazy day! :razz: Thaw, start UDS, open beer! 3x - one for each meal! :biggrin:

Paulmark
11-20-2009, 03:31 PM
By the filling being" just warmed "you do mean 160+ right? As the filling has contacted raw meat...just saying.:wink:

Divemaster
12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
OK Jeanie, the hunting week should be over... How did it go? How about sharing the menu... Some pron would be great to! (OK guys, get your minds out of the gutter! This is our girl here!!!)

bbqbull
12-02-2009, 03:28 PM

I can personally attest that Ricks boat eggs......ROCK!:biggrin:

cowgirl
12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Jeff, it was interesting. lol

Tuesday night was pizza nite...
Wed. morning was one of those egg/potato/onion/cheese casseroles with bacon on the side.
I can't remember what we had for lunch that day but for supper we had tostadas from the chopotle smoke pork I had stashed away.
Thursday A.M. were the presmoked fatties, eggs, hash browns and toast.
Then smoked turkey with trimmings...

Friday morning I went hunting early... those who stayed behind ate pies for breakfast. :-D leftovers for lunch. :biggrin:
Friday evening...I had a pot of chili going....
Saturday A.M. was french toast, bacon, fruit and hashbrowns.

We ate snacks all day Saturday, I just placed them on the counter and everyone snacked as they walked by. Chips, dips, pickapeppa and cream cheese... other things.
Saturday was underground pig day...
Sunday A.M. was sort of a boat egg filling with hot flour tortillas, hot sauce and cheese.

I haven't eaten since. :biggrin::wink:

I'm definately going to use all of your suggestions again.
Thanks to everyone for the help!

Divemaster
12-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm glad it all worked out for you.

(PM me with the "interesting" stuff. LOL)

Paul B
12-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Jeff, it was interesting. lol

Tuesday night was pizza nite...
Wed. morning was one of those egg/potato/onion/cheese casseroles with bacon on the side.
I can't remember what we had for lunch that day but for supper we had tostadas from the chopotle smoke pork I had stashed away.
Thursday A.M. were the presmoked fatties, eggs, hash browns and toast.
Then smoked turkey with trimmings...

Friday morning I went hunting early... those who stayed behind ate pies for breakfast. :-D leftovers for lunch. :biggrin:
Friday evening...I had a pot of chili going....
Saturday A.M. was french toast, bacon, fruit and hashbrowns.

We ate snacks all day Saturday, I just placed them on the counter and everyone snacked as they walked by. Chips, dips, pickapeppa and cream cheese... other things.
Saturday was underground pig day...
Sunday A.M. was sort of a boat egg filling with hot flour tortillas, hot sauce and cheese.

I haven't eaten since. :biggrin::wink:

I'm definately going to use all of your suggestions again.
Thanks to everyone for the help!

"pickapeppa and cream cheese"

OK I give up....what is it???? Sounds good though.

Paul B

cowgirl
12-02-2009, 09:13 PM
"pickapeppa and cream cheese"

OK I give up....what is it???? Sounds good though.

Paul B

Paul, it's good stuff. It's just pickapeppa sauce poured over a block of cream cheese. I eat it with crackers, I love it! :biggrin:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513oKUwXv-L._SS500_.jpg

cowgirl
12-02-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm glad it all worked out for you.

(PM me with the "interesting" stuff. LOL)

lol I'll do that. :lol:

Rick's Tropical Delight
12-03-2009, 05:47 AM
Paul, it's good stuff. It's just pickapeppa sauce poured over a block of cream cheese. I eat it with crackers, I love it! :biggrin:

i knew i liked you for a reason 8)

Paul B
12-03-2009, 12:20 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513oKUwXv-L._SS500_.jpg

Thanks, now where the heck would one fine it?? Local grocery stores, Sam's, etc. ???

Paul B
SS UDS

deguerre
12-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Love the ingredients list on the jug. Like he said ^^^^where to buy?

UNTSIG
12-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Most grocery stores carry small bottles near the Tabasco sauce or BBQ sauce. That stuff rocks!