PDA

View Full Version : Rib tips?

SirDanK
11-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Ok just got a few racks of spares and had them cut off the tips for me, now I know what to do with the ribs but how should I cook the tips... any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bigdog
11-07-2009, 07:29 AM
I use the rib tips as cooks snack while cooking the ribs and as a test for new rubs. Just be careful to not over cook them.

SirDanK
11-07-2009, 07:49 AM
How would I know when the tips would be done? Do I need to foil them because I think I gonna foil one rack and not the other.

wickedbbq'r
11-07-2009, 08:28 AM
I just tried this the other day. I rubbed the tips and smoked them for about 4 hours. I then cut them into chucks, threw them in a foil pan with bbq sauce and apple cider. Covered it with foil and cooked for another hour. Ate it with some potato rolls. It was a very tastey treat!

jestridge
11-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Makes good rib samwich

Bigdog
11-07-2009, 10:32 AM
How would I know when the tips would be done? Do I need to foil them because I think I gonna foil one rack and not the other.

I go by look, feel and taste. Foiling helps keep them from drying out but is not necessary. I always eat all of mine or give them out as samples as a snack before the rest of the stuff is done.