PDA

View Full Version : Mark in STL needs another 55 gallon used drum

Mark
10-20-2003, 05:04 PM
No I didn't fark up the first one, just need another. I have habanero jelly to trade

Mark (STL)

Oldtimer
10-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Check by the Chrysler plant or out by the Bush stadium. If nothing else go to the East side. As A last resort let me know and I can get down that way by Xmas. Like to use them to make compost from deer dropping tea. Ocassionaly drop a turd off to a Elf. :-) It can get boring during the summer.

BBQchef33
10-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Check by the Chrysler plant or out by the Bush stadium. If nothing else go to the East side. As A last resort let me know and I can get down that way by Xmas. Like to use them to make compost from deer dropping tea. Ocassionaly drop a turd off to a Elf. :-) It can get boring during the summer.

notice the forum.

Qtalk, not woodpile.

scuse me.. oh Janitor...

flush.

Mark
10-20-2003, 06:59 PM
Phil:

"tea" is what they call the liquid that drains out the compost container bottom. I'ts very good for feeding plants. Maybe off-topic but not woodpile.

BTW the drum mod to Weber kettles works good.

Mark (STL)

Oldtimer
10-20-2003, 07:10 PM
I was wondering what you where doing with the drum. I use to get them down here for deer feeders, usually run $5 or so with a lid. But with regulations and suck maybe a tuff to find used. Used alot of tobacco tea on my plants awesome ****. Finally making dinner for me and the kids tonight wife out playing MRS Tupperware, and I'm sure making lots of $$. Using stuff out of the bag and git it kind of close to the oven door so our oven has a tad of plastic on the inside now.

I think my future sees a ass chewing on the horizon.

parrothead
10-20-2003, 10:13 PM
No I didn't fark up the first one, just need another.

I will check this week with a guy that has some and see what was in them. If everything checks out. I will bring one down in the next week or so.

Do you need a lid or no?

Mark
10-21-2003, 08:08 AM
Preferrably, no lid. But if it has one, no biggie, as it only takes about 2 minutes to cut it out with a sawzall. BTW, if you cut it out from the top down, it leaves about 3/4 inch of the top around the circumference to support the grill.

Mark (STL)

rbinms33
10-21-2003, 10:25 AM
If you ever get down to Memphis, let me know in advance. I can probably scrounge up a couple for you to take back with you but they'd have to be "burned out" cause they have some kind of coating on the inside. We use them for burning trash. Used to be able to find the veggie oil drums and they worked good for making grills out of but they switched from the metal to the plastic type drums.

parrothead
10-26-2003, 02:44 AM
Got one. When ya want it? I can bring it down with me this Monday, or the following Monday. Damn I am getting sick of that drive. I stay at the Holiday Inn in Westport. If we set up a time, we can send a call out to some of the others and all have a couple of drinks.

Mark
10-26-2003, 08:37 AM
Thanks Greg. Lets shoot for the Monday after tomorrow so anyone else who wants to join us will have ample notification. I'll be bringing you some habenero jelly. I think I have plain, apple based and grape based. Any preference?

Mark (STL)

parrothead
10-26-2003, 09:03 AM
Apple sounds good. That week will be short for me. I will have only monday or tuesday night available. Just pick one or the other. I am heading to vegas on Thursday, and will leave St. Louis on Wed.

Mark
10-27-2003, 07:50 AM
Lets make it Tuesday. Say 7?

Mark (STL)

parrothead
10-27-2003, 08:02 AM
Sounds like a plan.

Alright you St. Louis guys, sounds like another bar bash on November 4th. You know who you guys are.

parrothead
10-31-2003, 09:12 AM
Its an event. Talked with Steve(stlouque), Daryl(shock), and Dave(davewey). It looks like brethren St. Louis bar bash II is a go for Tuesday at 7 at holiday inn westport. See all of you St. Louis guys there.

I know there are a couple more of you out there in Gateway country, show up and have a couple of cocktails with us, you won't regret it.