PDA

View Full Version : Brisket and Spares thawing for the weekend!

chad
10-09-2003, 06:21 PM
They are in the spare fridge as of last night. Should be able to rub 'em down Friday night.

Gonna use my ECB with a bit more oak than I've been using. I've got plenty of Kingsford to get things started.

Got a nice 6# flat -- figure I'll cook it on the lower grate and let the ribs baste it :D

While it's all cooking I'll continue my backyard drainage project -- also known as the mud mod! If I can find the end of the installed pipes then I can grade the ditch(es) and start thinking about putting down pavers/bricks and some stone before topping it all off so it looks like a backyard instead of a road construction site! :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

BBQchef33
10-09-2003, 09:38 PM
DO NOT tell us you use that alcohol for lighter fluid!

lighter Fluid? gag gag gag.. choke choke choke...

20bucks, wally world get Mini brinkman burner.. thats the one we used at the bash to light the chimneys.

tommykendall
10-10-2003, 07:28 AM
DO NOT tell us you use that alcohol for lighter fluid!

That's gotta be a joke. I laughed my ass off when I saw that.

Bill-Chicago
10-10-2003, 07:30 AM
He takes that smashed can of Colt 45, fills it with the alcohol, then uses that as his ignighter.

chad
10-10-2003, 07:33 AM
I TOLD you guys about that at the Bash!!

I use my backbacking stove (cut down Pepsi can) with denatured alcohol to start the chimney. Saves me using up my propane and actually starts the charcoal just about as fast as the turkey fryer.

Don't knock it if you ain't tried it :D

Alcohol has NO ODOR and NO RESIDUE anyway!!

Bill-Chicago
10-10-2003, 07:35 AM

You should have smelled my breath last night. And the residue (read vomit) was all over the place :)

chad
10-10-2003, 07:36 AM
Thanks, I'll pass. :D

Oldtimer
10-10-2003, 07:37 AM

Not to sure bout that one. :lol:

chad
10-10-2003, 07:40 AM
It's true. Denatured alcohol has no odor when burning and leave no residue (it will blacken pots but that's because of the water in the alcohol). I certainly leaves nothing on the charcoal -- it burns at least as clean as propane (which is fossil fuel).

We're not talking about booze here guys. Sheesh, get a GRIP! :D

Oldtimer
10-10-2003, 08:05 AM
Alcohol Abuse...

Bill-Chicago
10-10-2003, 08:41 AM
Grip Mod