PDA

View Full Version : Water pan - Bandera

in2que
10-07-2003, 08:56 AM
When I Q, I have always put the water pan up to the second level. Do most of you leave it on the lowest level? Wondering what difference it would make. I have the baffle mod and firebricks on the bottom of the smoke chamber.

Bill-Chicago
10-07-2003, 09:18 AM
I put it on the bottom, believing the circulation is more evenly ditributed. Right under the baffle to under the pan.

But I don't have the firebricks, so you may need to move it up for better circulation.

BBQchef33
10-07-2003, 09:52 PM
I got the firebricks, and keep the water pan at the botton level..

Why you ask?? dont know, thats where it was when i built the Bandera, and it hasnt moved since.... unless im using it to cook in. never experimented with location cause it looks like its in the right place.

in2que
10-08-2003, 07:01 AM
Phil, I get a pretty good hot spot runnung all the way up the left side of the chamber. Chars the crap out of things if I don't rotate the racks. Was thinking water pan too high? Anyways, got a big Q planned this weekend and will put it down on the bottom level and see if it makes a difference.

chathorne
10-08-2003, 07:17 AM
i keep mine on the second level
i've got the fire bricks in mine also but i hang the waterpan about an inch above the brick