PDA

View Full Version : Veggies in the smoker

chad
10-03-2003, 07:55 AM
Anyone tried winter squash (like acorn) in the smoker??

The recipe I use in the oven is halve the squash, scoop out the seeds, put about a tablespoon of butter (or margerine), about the same amount of brown sugar, and just a bit of water in the seed area.

I then loosely foil the pan and bake until tender.

It just occurred to me that this would probably work well in the smoker and give the squash a really nice additional flavor.

Just a thought!! I may have to try this in my ECB next weekend -- I'm busy catering this weekend.

parrothead
10-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Not my type of thing to eat, but I would think some mild smoke like apple or something.

Oldtimer
10-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Look out parrothead your fixing to get a bushel of squash delivered to your door. :shock:

BBQchef33
10-03-2003, 08:59 AM
i made a zuccini in there this summer. Sliced it lengthwise, put som esouthern flavor garlic on it and cooked it till it was soft.

Now i'll rephrase the last part of it that sentence..... bla bla bla.. garlic on it and cooked it so it absorbed smoke like a sponge, tasted like a smoke bomb and eating it caused and immediate gag reflex.

mabe if ya dont peel it or slice it it will work better.

parrothead
10-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Look out parrothead your fixing to get a bushel of squash delivered to your door.

eyuch. Hey if that is the case then I hate meat cheese and expensive seasonings. Oh yeah and expensive gadgets too. Can't stand anything nice like that. I especially hate those breat big mobile pits made by Dave Klose. I can't stand plymouth prowlers, especially the purple ones. LOL

chad
10-03-2003, 09:09 AM
I was just asking since baked squash is a seasonal thing! I'll probably give it a try -- but with just light smoke -- I can see where zuchinni could pick up a lot of smoke :D

Oldtimer
10-03-2003, 09:22 AM
Look out parrothead your fixing to get a bushel of squash delivered to your door.

eyuch. Hey if that is the case then I hate meat cheese and expensive seasonings. Oh yeah and expensive gadgets too. Can't stand anything nice like that. I especially hate those breat big mobile pits made by Dave Klose. I can't stand plymouth prowlers, especially the purple ones. LOL

That's how I got my lifetme supply of rice. :roll:

Bill-Chicago
10-03-2003, 09:25 AM
a handfull is a lifetime supply for you.

cabo
10-05-2003, 10:35 AM
a handfull is a lifetime supply for you.Then he's all set!!
I think saw him filling his pockets at Bash II :lol:

Harry

Oldtimer
10-05-2003, 10:39 AM
What about them Schaffer's you tried to put by me in my slumber ? Payback is hell. :shock:

cabo
10-05-2003, 10:57 AM
What about them Schaffer's you tried to put by me in my slumber ? Payback is hell. :shock:

WWWHAAAAT :shock: :shock: Who me????? :o :o :o
Harry

Oldtimer
10-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Yea you....