PDA

View Full Version : Damn the red liner UDS first cook and save by the Pit Bull***with PRON

Kickback BBQ on Guam
09-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Well after two days of burning we figured we would just wipe out the rest of the dreaded red liner;NEVER AGAIN!!!! We fired up the grinder and finished it off. I now add red drum liner to the thinks that will survive another nuclear war (along with roaches and twinkies). We finall got it cleaned and burnt it one more time before starting our maiden voyage on the UDS. I tried to make my top rack a little lower so that I could use it for ribs (spare Weber lid was not available), big mistake. Moisture built up on the lid and made the ribs look awful. It was time to fire up the Pit Bull for the saving of what pride was left.
We douced the ribs in apple juice and moved them to the Pit. While trying to pull out the bottom grill, i dropped tha Fattie:mad::evil:. Everyone stood back another 20 feet because they had seen me meltdown before. Luckily it was woven and fell out side of the firebasket onto a tray that I had inside. My support team finally jumped in and recovered the fattie to be relocated in the PIT. The UDS will have to wait for another day.

The grub wasn't as attractive as usual but everyone enjoyed it all the same

Bbq Bubba
09-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the Drumhead nation! :cool:

Rubs are on their way so you can enjoy some good eats!

Kickback BBQ on Guam
09-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks
I think this will require more adult beverages

texman02
09-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Adult beverages make most all things go a little smoother! :biggrin:

Mark Stanton
09-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Man sorry to hear about the drum, but it sounds like you recovered ok. It all looks good and a good time was had. Lookn forward to more pics of the drum.

Kickback BBQ on Guam
09-13-2009, 09:24 PM
One of my guest's saw my dilema and bill be bringing me two oil barrels (unlined) over tomorrow. This one will be used to burn leaves and paper in the very near future.
I found an old huge wok that was cracked. We are going to weld it up and make a dome lid for the new UDS. It looks like a mushroom with the wok on top of it. I'm thinking Mario bros paint theme. Any thoughts?

Steve_B
09-13-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm with ya on the red liner Brother! (I gave up and got an unlined drum).
Glad to hear ya had good eats in spite of all the problems.
That table of food looks great!

BBQ Grail
09-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Drum Corp that's how you roll now!

Rookie'48
09-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Looks like everything ended up being OK. A bit more playing with the trash can & you'll be hooked!